Championship Opta Facts - 21st - 22nd August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Brighton v Cardiff
- Peter Whittingham scored in both of the league meetings between Brighton and Cardiff City in 2011-12.
- Brighton have won only one of their last seven matches against Cardiff City in all competitions.
- The Seagulls have now gone 10 games with a win in all competitions, losing five and drawing five.
- Brighton have lost just one of their last 12 league games at the Amex Stadium.
- The Bluebirds are now unbeaten in 11 regular season league games, winning five and drawing six (not including play-off matches).
- Cardiff City have not lost either of their opening two league games of a season since 2007/08.
Bristol City v Crystal Palace
- Three of the last four matches between Bristol City and Crystal Palace have ended in a draw.
- Crystal Palace have not won away at Bristol City since March 1980, failing to win any of their last nine trips there.
- Following their defeat at the weekend, the Eagles are now without a win in their last 10 league games.
- Palace have shipped two or more goals in seven of their last eight league matches.
- Bristol City started the new season with a 1-0 defeat, their first league loss in nine games.
- At home, the Robins are unbeaten in four league games (two wins, two draws).
Charlton v Leicester
- Four of the last six games played between Charlton and Leicester have ended in a score draw.
- Charlton lost only two home games in League One last season, no side lost fewer.
- Charlton kept 20 clean sheets in League One last season, more than any other side.
- Having drawn at the weekend, in their first game back in the Championship, the Addicks extended their unbeaten run in the league to eight games (six wins and two draws).
- The Foxes have lost just two of their last eight games in all competitions, winning five and drawing one.
- Charlton won their final five home games of the 2011-12 season on the way to promotion from League One.
Huddersfield v Nottingham Forest
- Three of the last four meetings between these two sides in Huddersfield have ended in a 1-1 draw.
- There have been four red cards handed out in the last five meetings between Forest and the Terriers.
- Forest have kept five clean sheets in their last seven games in all competitions, conceding a total of just three goals in the process.
- Away from home, Forest have lost their last two league fixtures, although prior to those defeats they had lost just one in seven on the road.
- Huddersfield have failed to score in 180 minutes of action so far this season; losing 2-0 in the League Cup against Preston, and 1-0 versus Cardiff in the Championship.
Middlesbrough v Burnley
- None of the last six meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Burnley have suffered just two defeats on their last six trips to the Riverside (in all competitions), winning two and drawing two.
- Middlesbrough have won just one of their last four league games, losing two and drawing one.
- Boro have won just one of their last five league games at the Riverside.
- The Clarets have lost just one of their last seven league games, winning three and drawing three.
- Burnley have won both of their competitive fixtures so far in 2012-13, with Charlie Austin netting in both games.
Peterborough v Millwall
- Millwall have lost just one of their last six matches against the Posh.
- Peterborough have now gone seven games with a victory, losing four and drawing three.
- The Posh have managed to keep just one clean sheet in their last 16 league games.
- On home soil, Peterborough have won just one of their last five league games, losing three and drawing one.
- The Lions' defeat at the weekend was their first loss in eight league games.
- Away from the Den, the south Londoners are unbeaten in five games, winning four and drawing one.
Sheffield Wednesday v Birmingham
- Birmingham have won six and drawn one of their last seven meetings with Sheffield Wednesday in all competitions.
- Sheffield Wednesday won more points at home than any other side in League One last season (55).
- The Blues have drawn six of their last eight league games (including play-offs).
- The Owls are now unbeaten in their last 16 games (all comps), winning 12 and drawing four.
- At Hillsborough, Wednesday have won four in a row conceding a total of just one goal in the process.
Watford v Ipswich
- Watford have won their last five matches against Ipswich Town, four of these by a 2-1 scoreline.
- Ipswich Town have lost seven successive trips to Vicarage Road.
- The Hornets have not won their opening three competitive games of a season since 2007-08 - a campaign that they eventually won promotion to the Premier League.
- Watford have failed to find the back of the net in only one of their last 11 competitive fixtures.
- The Tractor Boys have lost just one of their last six competitive fixtures, winning two and drawing three.
- Watford have lost only one of their last 15 competitive matches.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Barnsley
- In the last 11 matches between Wolves and Barnsley, only four goals have been netted by the side playing away from home.
- Wolves won the fewest points at home in the Premier League last season (12).
- Wolves are now without a win in 15 league games, losing 11 and drawing four.
- Wolves have failed to score in each of their last three league games at Molineux.
- At the weekend, the Tykes picked up their first win in eight league games.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers have not lost their opening two games of a league season since 2003/04 (Premier League).
Blackpool v Leeds United
- Leeds had a player sent off in both of their league matches against Blackpool last season.
- Blackpool kept a clean sheet in both league matches against Leeds last season and inflicted the Whites to a 5-0 defeat at Elland Road.
- In their weekend win over Wolves, Leeds registered their first clean sheet in eight games.
- United have scored more than one goal in only one of their last nine league games.
- The Tangerines are unbeaten in their last eight regular league season games (not including play-offs).
- Blackpool have bagged a total of eight goals in their last three regular league season games (not including play-offs).
Bolton v Derby
- Only two of the last 17 matches between Bolton and Derby have ended in a draw.
- Wolves (12) were the only side to win fewer home points than Bolton in the Premier League last term (16).
- The Trotters have now shipped exactly two goals in each of their last three games.
- Bolton have enjoyed just one victory in their last nine games.
- There have been 14 goals scored in the two matches involving Derby County this season (5-5 and 2-2).
Blackburn v Hull
- Hull have scored only four goals in their last six meetings with Blackburn Rovers.
- There have been three red cards given in the last three meetings between these two sides.
- The Tigers have lost just one of their last six league games, winning four and drawing one.
- On the road, Hull are without a win in six league games, losing four and drawing two.
- Rovers have enjoyed just one win in their last 10 games, losing eight and drawing one.
- Steve Kean's side have bagged a total of just two goals in their last four games.