Championship Opta Facts - 22 - 23 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Coventry v Scunthorpe
- Only one of the previous nine meetings between these sides in all competitions has been won by the away side, although that came in this season's reverse fixture (which Coventry won 2-0).
- The last two meetings at the Ricoh Arena between these sides have seen a total of three red cards.
- Marlon King has banged in five goals in his last three league appearances for the Sky Blues.
- The Iron have now gone 12 games without a draw in the league.
- The Iron have lost the last seven games in which they've failed to score, but won five of the last six they've found the net in (losing the other)
Doncaster v Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace haven't won at Doncaster since August 1960, losing three and drawing one of their four trips since that win.
- Only one of the previous 13 meetings between these sides in all competitions has ended in a draw.
- Doncaster are now on a run of eight winless league games, and find themselves just five points above the relegation zone and two above the Eagles.
- Palace have managed just one win and seven points on the road this campaign, every other side has managed at least three wins and 13 points.
Nott'm Forest v Leicester
- Robert Earnshaw netted a hat-trick in the last meeting between these East Midlands rivals at the City Ground; a game Forest won 5-1.
- Andy King has netted in each of his last two meetings with Forest.
- Forest are unbeaten in 13 home league with the Foxes, although Leicester did win 3-2 at the City Ground in the Carling Cup in September 2007.
- No side has taken fewer points from their last 10 games than Nottingham Forest (10)
- The Foxes have managed just two clean sheets in their last 11 league games.
Leeds v Reading
- Four of the last five clashes between these two sides have ended in draws.
- The Royals have only won one of the 11 previous league fixtures between the sides, drawing five and losing five.
- Leeds have scored six own goals in the Championship this term, three more than any other side.
- Reading have won eight consecutive league fixtures and are closing in on the automatic promotion spots.
Cardiff v QPR
- QPR have only lost one of their last five trips to Cardiff, winning two and drawing two.
- Only two of the last 14 meetings between the sides have seen more than two goals scored.
- Cardiff have won their last four league games - the Bluebirds have only won five consecutive games once this campaign.
- QPR have only scored eight goals in their last 10 away league games combined, only three teams have managed fewer.
Derby v Burnley
- Only one of the last 13 meetings between these sides in all competitions has been won by the away side.
- The Rams have won four and drawn two of their last six home meetings with Burnley, and haven't lost to the Clarets at home since September 2002.
- The Rams are unbeaten in four league games at home, alternating between a win and a draw. For this run to continue, they must draw this game.
- The Clarets have lost their last three away league games, failing to score in each.
Hull v Middlesbrough
- There have been 18 goals scored in the last four meetings between these sides combined.
- The Tigers have only won one of their last nine league meetings with Boro, although this win did come when the sides last met at the KC Stadium (2-1 in December 2008).
- Hull have conceded exactly one goal in six of their last seven league games, including the last five.
- Middlesbrough have only taken four points from the 12 available in Yorkshire so far this season (one win, one draw and two defeats).
Portsmouth v Swansea
- Three of the last four meetings between these sides have been won by the visiting team, although the last league meeting at Fratton Park was won 5-0 by the home side (in May 1984).
- Only one of the last seven clashes in all competitions has ended in a draw.
- After a run of four successive shutout victories at Fratton Park, Pompey have only managed two points from the last nine available at home.
- The Swans have only failed to score in one of their last 12 in the league.
Sheff Utd v Bristol City
- The Blades have won four and lost just one of their last six meetings with the Robins.
- United have won nine of their last 10 home meetings with Bristol City, and haven't lost at Bramall Lane to the Robins since November 1957.
- The Blades have taken just 10 points from 57 available under Micky Adams.
- After scoring in nine consecutive games, the Robins have failed to net in their last two games.
Watford v Barnsley
- Just one of the last nine meetings between these sides has been won by the away team.
- The last three clashes between the Hornets and the Tykes have seen a total of just two goals scored.
- Watford have conceded exactly two goals in each of their last five league games, drawing two and losing three of them.
- Mid table Barnsley have now gone eight away games since their last win; a 2-0 victory at Doncaster on January 25.
Millwall v Preston
- None of the last six meetings between the sides at the New Den have ended in draws, with each side picking up three victories apiece.
- The Lions have won just two of the last eight meetings between the sides overall, losing four and drawing two.
- Millwall have alternated between a win and a draw in their last five home games. For this to continue, they are due a win against Preston.
- PNE have scored and conceded in 12 of their last 13 league games, winning the other 3-0.
- If they net at the New Den, Preston will equal the longest run of scoring in successive games (14), set by Leeds earlier in the campaign.