Championship Opta Facts - 22-23 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Coventry v Swindon
- The last three meetings between the two sides have finished in draws.
- The Sky Blues are unbeaten at home to Swansea in seven matches (all competitions).
- Clinton Morrison has scored three goals in his three league appearances so far this season.
- Swansea striker Stephen Dobbie has attempted the most shots in the Championship so far this season – 13 in total, with only five hitting the target.
Crystal Palace v Newcastle
- The previous six league meetings between the sides were all in the Premier League – Newcastle won four and Palace just one.
- The Magpies have won on their last three visits to Selhurst Park.
- Newcastle have not won a competitive away match in seven attempts.
- Shola Ameobi has scored four goals in his last two league appearances for the Magpies.
- Alongside QPR, Newcastle have used the most players in the Championship this term – 19.
Derby v Plymouth
- Derby have won their last three league matches against Plymouth.
- The Rams have also won their last six on the trot at home to the Pilgrims, conceding just one goal in the last five encounters.
- Last season Rob Hulse scored three goals against Plymouth in two matches.
- Plymouth have gone longer without a league win that any other side in the Championship – seven matches.
Leicester v Barnsley
- In the last three seasons that the two sides have been in the same league, the first meeting has ended 2-0 in the Foxes’ favour, and the second 1-0 to their advantage.
- In all, the Tykes are without a win over Leicester in eight matches.
- Leicester are unbeaten in nine league matches – the longest run of any side in the Championship this season.
- Barnsley have not lost a competitive game in any of their last six trips away from Oakwell.
- Both Steve Howard and Matty Fryatt have scored the first goal in 10 of Leicester’s matches since the start of 2008/09.
- The Foxes have not lost any of their last 25 home matches in the league and cup combined.
Middlesbrough v Doncaster
- Middlesbrough have won their last four matches against Doncaster Rovers.
- Doncaster have failed to score in five of their last six games against ‘Boro.
- Boro have won all seven of their previous home league matches against Doncaster, conceding on only four occasions.
- Adam Johnson has scored three goals in his last two league appearances for ‘Boro.
- Doncaster have won seven of their last 12 league matches away from home.
- Gareth Southgate’s side are the only team in the Championship yet to concede a goal in the league so far this term.
Preston v Peterborough
- Posh are unbeaten in their last 11 matches against Preston North End.
- Preston have not won in five home matches against Peterborough United.
- Peterborough have only failed to score once in their last 10 meetings with Alan Irvine’s side.
- Preston have scored in seven consecutive league matches (not including play-offs) – the longest such run in the Championship.
- Peterborough United have not been involved in a goalless draw in a league match for 24 successive games.
- Five different players have scored for Preston so far in the league this term – more than any other team.
QPR v Nottingham Forest
- QPR have scored exactly two goals in each of their last three matches against Forest.
- Forest have won only once in the last eight league meetings between the two sides.
- Lewis McGugan scored in both of Nottingham Forest’s meetings with QPR last term.
- QPR are unbeaten in seven home matches in all competitions.
- Forest have not won an away game in six attempts in all competitions.
- Rangers have hit the woodwork a league-high five times already this season.
Reading v Sheffield United
- The away side have won three of the last four meetings between the sides.
- Reading have lost only once in their last five home games against the Blades.
- Reading are the only team yet to score in the Championship this season.
- The Royals have won none of their last 10 home matches (including play-offs) – the longest such run in the Championship.
- United have committed the most fouls so far in the Championship – 55.
Sheffield Wednesday v Scunthorpe
- Three of the last five matches between these two sides have ended in a draw after 90 minutes.
- Eight of the last nine goals in this fixture have come before the 50th minute.
- Scunthorpe have not drawn a game 0-0 for 28 league matches – a longer run than any other side currently in the Championship.
- Wednesday are unbeaten in four competitive home games.
- Scunthorpe have hit more shots on target (including goals) than any other side in the league – 19.
Watford v Blackpool
- The Hornets have won only once in their last four home meetings with Blackpool.
- There was a goal scored every 20 minutes on average between the two teams last season.
- Three of their last five meetings have ended 1-1.
- Watford have not been able to keep a clean sheet in 10 league matches – the longest run of all sides currently in the Championship.
- Tommy Smith has assisted four goals in the league so far this season – a league-high.
- The winger has also created the league’s most goalscoring chances in total – 10.
West Brom v Ipswich
- The home side has won the last three meetings between the sides, keeping a clean sheet in the process.
- The Baggies have won five of their last six games against Ipswich Town.
- West Brom have not lost in any of their last five competitive matches.
- Ipswich Town are yet to win a game outright this season – they could only manage a win over Shrewsbury on penalties in the League Cup.
- Luke Moore has been caught offside more than any other player so far this season – eight times.
- Scott Carson has had to make more saves than any other goalkeeper in the league so far this term – 15.
Cardiff v Bristol City
- Three of the last five meetings between the sides have ended in a draw.
- In their last three meetings, only one of the five goals scored has not come in the final 20 minutes of the match.
- Following his hat-trick in Cardiff’s 3-1 win at Plymouth last week, Michael Chopra has now scored 37 goals in 72 league appearances for the club – more than a goal every two games for the Bluebirds.
- The Robins have been the league’s most fouled side – winning a free kick 55 times following a foul so far this term.
- Not only is Michael Chopra the league’s top scorer with six goals, he has hit the woodwork more than any other player (2).