Championship Opta Facts - 23-26 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Watford v Sheffield Wednesday
- Sheffield Wednesday have won only once in their last eight meetings with the Hornets.
- Marcus Tudgay scored in both of Sheffield Wednesday's meetings with Watford in the league last term.
- Watford have won only once at home in six attempts in the Championship this season.
- The Hornets have scored in 10 of their last 11 league matches.
Wednesday have been victorious only once on the road in the league this term.
Barnsley v Bristol City
- The away side has failed to score in six of the last seven meetings between these two teams.
- The home team have won five of the last six encounters between these two teams, drawing on the other occasion.
- Barnsley are unbeaten in their last three league matches, winning their last two.
- City have lost only once in their last nine league games.
Coventry v West Brom
- There have been 15 goals scored in the last three meetings between these two sides.
- The home side has conceded at least four goals in each of their last three meetings with one another.
- West Brom have attempted more shots than any other team in the Championship this term (155).
- Coventry have managed only one win in their last six league games.
Crystal Palace v Nottingham Forest
- The away team won both meetings between these two sides last season.
- Palace have won only one of their last five home games against Billy Davies' side.
- Palace have conceded only four goals in their last six league matches.
- Nottingham Forest have won five successive league games - the last time that they won six in a row was between March and April 2006 in League One.
Derby v QPR
- The away side has only lost one of the last 16 meetings between Derby and QPR.
- Derby have only managed to pick up three points from their last five home games against Jim Magilton's outfit.
- Derby have only sealed two victories in their last nine league games.
- QPR have suffered just one defeat in their last nine games in the Championship.
- Jay Simpson has scored five goals in his last six appearances for QPR.
Newcastle v Doncaster
- This will be their first league meeting since March 1948.
- Doncaster have been unable to win any of their previous seven matches against Newcastle.
- Newcastle have only conceded one goal in their last five meetings with Rovers.
- The Magpies have gone four games without a win in the league, scoring only two goals in the process.
- Doncaster have managed just one league win in their last eight games - this coming in their last match.
Peterborough v Scunthorpe
- Peterborough have won 10 points from a possible 15 in their last five meetings with Scunthorpe.
- Scunthorpe have lost their last two visits to Peterborough 2-1.
- The Posh have lost four of their last five league matches.
- Scunthorpe have picked up only one win in their six league games away from home this term, winning only once.
Plymouth v Ipswich
- Ipswich are unbeaten in their last six games against Plymouth.
- Three of the last four meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Plymouth have lost nine of their last 11 league matches.
- Ipswich are still without a league win in 13 Championship games this term.
- Five of Ipswich's last seven league games have ended in a draw.
Preston v Middlesbrough
- The away side has been victorious on the last three occasions that these two sides have met.
- The winning side has kept a clean sheet in four of the last five matches between the two.
- Middlesbrough have been given the most yellow cards in the league (25).
- Preston have won just once in their last four league matches.
Sheffield United v Cardiff
- Cardiff have managed only one goal in their last three meetings with the Blades.
- The home team have failed to find the net in four of the last six meetings between these two sides.
- Cardiff City have scored the most goals in the Championship this term to date (26).
- Sheffield United have picked up just two points from their last five league matches.
Swansea v Blackpool
- The home side has not managed to win this match in any of their last four meetings with one another.
- Swansea have lost on three of the last four occasions that they have hosted Blackpool.
- Swansea have scored the fewest goals in the Championship this term so far (9).
- The Swans have conceded only two goals in their last seven Championship matches.
- Blackpool have won five of their last seven league games.
Reading v Leicester
- The away side has been defeated in only one of the last six encounters between these two teams.
- Reading have hosted Leicester City on seven occasions prior to this match, but have only been victorious on one occasion.
- Reading have managed only one win in eight league games.
- The Foxes have conceded only one goal in their four league matches.