Championship Opta Facts – 25th August 2012
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bolton Wanderers v Nottingham Forest
- Bolton have lost none of the last six games in all competitions against Forest, winning three and drawing three.
- Forest have failed to score in the last three games against the Trotters.
- In midweek, the Trotters picked up their first win in six games, beating Derby 2-0.
- Veteran hitman Kevin Davies has netted four goals in his last six games for Bolton.
- Forest remain unbeaten this season (and are without defeat in their last four matches), scoring exactly one goal in each of their three competitive fixtures so far this term.
- Striker Dexter Blackstock has bagged a total of three goals in his last four games for Forest (in all competitions).
Bristol City v Cardiff City
- Cardiff have won seven and lost just one of the last 11 matches in all competitions against Bristol City.
- Jon Stead has scored in three of his last four games playing away at Cardiff City
- The Robins have suffered just one defeat in their last 10 league fixtures, winning four and drawing five.
- The Bluebirds have won just one of their last five games (in all competitions), losing three, drawing one and scoring a total of just two goals in the process.
- At home, Bristol are without defeat in five league games, winning three and drawing two.
- Cardiff are unbeaten in their last seven league games on the road (excluding play-offs), winning four and drawing three.
Blackburn Rovers v Leicester City
- The away team has failed to score in six of the last eight meetings between Blackburn and Leicester in all competitions.
- The last eight meetings between these two sides have averaged just 1.4 goals per game.
- Welsh international Andy King has scored a goal in both the Foxes' league games so far this season, after managing a total of just four in 31 league games last term.
- Leicester have registered victories in just two of their last eight away games, although both those wins have come in the last four games.
- After losing eight of their last nine league games last season, Blackburn have remained unbeaten in two league games this term, winning one and drawing one.
- Colin Kazim-Richards has netted in both of Rovers' league games this season so far.
Blackpool v Ipswich Town
- Kevin Phillips has scored seven goals in his last seven games against Ipswich in the Championship.
- Blackpool have only ever won three of the 18 league meetings with Ipswich, but are unbeaten in the last three, winning the last two at home.
- The Tangerines are unbeaten in their last nine league games, winning six and drawing three.
- Tom Ince has bagged three goals in Blackpool's last four games (in all competitions).
- The Tractor Boys have lost just one of their last seven games (in all competitions), winning three and drawing three.
- On the road, Ipswich have suffered just one defeat in their last seven games, winning two and drawing four.
Brighton v Barnsley
- Barnsley have failed to score in the last three games against Brighton.
- The away side has failed to score in each of the last four meetings between the Seagulls and the Tykes.
- The Seagulls are without a win in their last 11 games (in all competitions).
- Brighton have failed to find the net in any of their three games this season (in all competitions) and have now scored in only two of their last nine.
- Barnsley have won just one of their last nine league games, losing six and drawing two.
- On the road, the Tykes are without a victory in 11 games, losing 10 and drawing one.
Charlton Athletic v Hull City
- Charlton are unbeaten in their last five matches against Hull, winning two and drawing three.
- The Addicks are without a defeat in their last nine league games, winning seven and drawing two.
- Away from the Valley, the south Londoners have lost just one of their last 11 games.
- Chris Powell's mean are without a clean sheet in their last six games (in all competitions) and have shipped exactly one goal in each of their three matches this season.
- Both of Hull's league fixtures this season have ended 1-0 to the home side courtesy of a goal in the final 15 minutes of play.
- Hull have only won one of their last 10 away league games, losing five of the last six.
Huddersfield Town v Burnley
- The last three meetings between Burnley and Huddersfield have all ended as 1-0 wins for Burnley, while he previous three were all 1-1 draws.
- Promoted side Huddersfield are yet to win this season, (two defeats and in draw in all competitions), while they have gone five games in total without success, although one of those games was the play-off final where they won on penalties.
- Jordan Rhodes has scored in three of his last four games for the Terriers (including play-offs).
- Charlie Austin has scored a goal in each of the Clarets games so far this season (three in three in all competitions).
- Burnley have only won two of their last 10 league games on the road.
Middlesbrough v Crystal Palace
- Middlesbrough and Palace have met 38 times in the league with both teams winning 14 and 10 games ending all square.
- In their last eight league clashes with Boro, Palace have bagged a total of just five goals, and have never scored more than one in any of those games.
- There have been just two goals scored in the last three league meetings between Boro and Palace.
- Boro have suffered just two defeats in their last seven games (in all competitions), winning four and drawing one.
- Palace are without a win in 11 league games, losing eight and drawing two.
- The Eagles' three games this season (in all competitions), have produced a total of13 goals.
Peterborough United v Leeds United
- There has been an average of four goals per game in the league matches between Peterborough and Leeds, with last season's two encounters seeing five goals in each.
- Leeds have won five of their last six clashes with Posh, losing the other game.
- Peterborough are without a win in their last eight league games, losing five and drawing three.
- On home soil, Posh have lost three and drawn one of their last four games, shipping a total of eight goals in the process.
- United have won just one of their last five fixtures, losing three and drawing one.
- Away from Elland Road, Neil Warnock's side are without a win in four, losing three and drawing one.
Sheffield Wednesday v Millwall
- Only one of the last seven meetings between Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday has ended as a home win.
- The Owls have not won any of their last three home games against the Lions, losing the last two times the Londoners have visited Hillsborough.
- Wednesday's three games this season (in all competitions) have produced a total of 15 goals (nine for, six against).
- Chris O'Grady has bagged three goals in three games this season for the Owls (in all competitions).
- The Lions have lost just one of their last nine games, winning six and drawing two.
- Away from The Den in the league, Millwall are currently on a four game winning streak and are unbeaten in six on the road (five wins and one draw).
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County
- Derby have won just one of their last 13 league games against Wolves, losing seven and drawing five.
- At Molineux, Wolves have won only one of their last three clashes with the Rams, drawing one and losing one.
- Sylvain Ebanks-Blake has netted two goals in three games already this season (in all competitions), after managing to find the net just three times in 26 games in 2011/12.
- In midweek against Barnsley, Wolves secured their first victory in 16 league games, after losing 11 and drawing four.
- The Rams have enjoyed just one win in their last six games, losing three and drawing two.
- In all competitions this season, Derby's three games have produced a total of 16 goals.
Watford v Birmingham City
- Birmingham have won five and lost none of the last seven league meetings with Watford.
- The Blues have lost on just one of their last five visits to Vicarage Road (in all competitions), winning two and drawing two.
- The match-winning goals (for and against) in each of the Hornets' three games this season has come in or after the 89th minute, with Chris Iwelumo's winner for Watford coming in the 109th minute of their Capital One Cup tie against Wycombe.
- Birmingham's three games so far this season (in all competitions), have produced a total of 13 goals.
- Towering hitman Nikola Zigic has hit two in two league games this season, after bagging just one in his last eight games (not incl. Play-offs) last season.