Championship Opta Facts - 26 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Crystal Palace v Norwich
- Palace have won four of their last five matches on Boxing Day, drawing the other.
- Norwich have conceded at least twice in six of their last seven matches away from home on December 26th.
- Crystal Palace have won three of their last four home games against the Canaries. Two of these three matches finished 3-1 to the Eagles.
- Neither side has kept a clean sheet in any of their last five meetings at Selhurst Park.
- Palace midfielder Owen Garvan assisted both of the Eagles' goals in their 2-1 victory at Carrow Road in October.
- Despite losing their last five away games, Palace have taken 10 points from the last available 12 at Selhurst Park.
- The Canaries have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last nine league games.
Portsmouth v Millwall
- Pompey have claimed just one win from their last five Boxing Day matches at Fratton Park.
- Portsmouth have won their last four league matches against the Lions, and have also won three out of the last four clashes at Fratton Park.
- The Lions have failed to find the net in their last four league meetings with Pompey.
- Millwall have only won one of their last 18 visits to Fratton Park, a 1-0 victory in September 1995 (10 defeats, seven draws).
- Pompey have taken 19 points from their last 10 league games. Only Leeds (21) and Bristol City (20) have won more points in this period.
- The Lions have conceded just one goal in their last four league games.
QPR v Swansea
- The Hoops have claimed just one win from their last seven games on Boxing Day.
- The Swans have only lost one of their last eight Boxing Day matches on the road.
- Swansea have never won away at QPR, despite travelling there for the first time in 1920. Of the 17 fixtures played in all competitions, QPR have won eight and there have been nine draws.
- QPR have won six of their last eight home meetings with the Swans in all competitions.
- This fixture hasn't seen an away win since the R's won 3-1 in Swansea in January 1981.
- The Hoops have now lost two consecutive Championship fixtures after going unbeaten for the first 19 games of the campaign.
- Swans top scorer Scott Sinclair (eight goals) has now failed to find the back of the net in his last five league games.
Barnsley v Burnley
- Only Manchester United (40) and Liverpool (31) have hit more league goals on Boxing Day since 1992/93 than Barnsley (30).
- Burnley have lost five of their last six Boxing Day games away from Turf Moor.
- This fixture has only seen one away win in the last 14. (10 home wins, three draws).
- Seven of the last nine meetings have been won by the home side, including Burnley's 3-0 victory at Turf Moor this October.
- Burnley winger Chris Eagles has netted three goals in his last two games against the Tykes.
- Burnley are the only Championship side yet to win away from home in the league this campaign.
- Barnsley have kept three consecutive clean sheets in the Championship.
Cardiff v Coventry
- Cardiff are without a win on Boxing Day since 1999.
- The Sky Blues have scored only four goals in their last seven Boxing Day games.
- Cardiff have won their last five games against the Sky Blues, including a 2-1 victory at the Ricoh Arena in October.
- In all five of these clashes, the Bluebirds have found the net on exactly two occasions.
- Cardiff have successfully converted a penalty in four of their last five meetings with Coventry, with midfielder Peter Whittingham successful from the spot in his last three outings against the Sky Blues.
- Cardiff are without a win from their last four league games, their longest winless run of the season so far.
- The Sky Blues have conceded just two goals in their last five league games.
Derby v Doncaster
- Only Peterbrough (12) and Wolves (11) have lost more league games on Boxing Day than Derby (10) since the 1992/93 season.
- Rovers have won five of their seven Boxing Day games since returning to the Football League in 2003.
- Rovers have won on their last two league visits to Pride Park, but were defeated 1-0 in last season's FA Cup (Round 4).
- The Rams haven't beaten Doncaster at home in the league since November 1984.
Ipswich v Watford
- Ipswich have lost five of their last six games on 26th December.
- However, the Hornets have picked up all three points on Boxing Day on only one occasion since 1999.
- Ipswich haven't beaten the Hornets in any of their last five meetings at Portman Road.
- The last two meetings between the sides at Portman Road have ended in draws, including a 1-1 last time out.
- Ipswich halted a run of six consecutive defeats with a 3-0 victory over Leicester last time out.
- The Hornets have won their last two league games, scoring six goals in the process.
Leicester v Leeds United
- The Foxes have won three of their last four games on Boxing Day, drawing the other.
- Leeds have lost only one of their last nine games on the 26th December.
- Leicester have won their last three meetings against Leeds in all competitions.
- United have failed to win any of their last seven against the Foxes, losing four and drawing three.
- Leeds haven't kept a clean sheet against the Foxes in their last 12 meetings.
- Foxes striker Steve Howard has scored in his last three matches against United.
- The Foxes have won their last three home games and lost their last three away games in the league.
- Leeds are now the Championship's top scorers. The Whites have netted 39 goals in the league so far.
Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest
- Boro have failed to find the net in five of their last six games on Boxing Day.
- Forest have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five matches on the 26th December.
- The last six meetings between the sides in Teesside have ended in draws.
- Boro haven't beaten Forest at home in any of the last 15 matches in all competitions; a run stretching back to 1973.
- Boro have neither scored nor conceded more than twice in any of their last 13 league games.
- Despite Forest remaining unbeaten at home this season, they have lost three of their last five away games in the Championship.
Reading v Bristol City
- The Biscuitmen's last four Boxing Day games have ended in a score draw.
- City have kept only one clean sheet in their last 14 matches on 26th December.
- The sides have each won two of the last four league meetings in Reading.
- The home side have found the net at least once on all but one of the last 14 meetings between the sides (Reading 0-2 Bristol City in 2009.)
- The Royals have drawn their last four home games.
- The Robins have lost their last two away games, conceding five and scoring just once in the process.
Scunthorpe v Preston
- The Iron are unbeaten in their last five games at home on 26th December, keeping four clean sheets.
- The last three clashes between the sides have seen 14 goals.
- Preston's Billy Jones has scored in his last two matches against the Iron.
- The Iron have won their last two home league meetings against Preston.
- Scunthorpe have taken just five points from their 10 home games this season. No team in the English league has taken fewer at home than the Iron.
- North End have lost three and drawn two of their last five away games.
Sheffield United v Hull
- The Blades are without a win on Boxing Day since 2004.
- Hull have not failed to score on 26th December since 2000.
- The Tigers haven't picked up a victory in any of their last 15 visits to Bramall Lane, a run stretching back to March 1971.
- The Blades have won four of their last seven meetings with Hull in the Steel City (three draws).
- The Blades have scored fewer goals (17) than any other side in the Championship this season.
- The Tigers have drawn five of their last six away games, winning the other.