Championship Opta Facts - 28-29 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Coventry v QPR
- The Sky Blues are unbeaten in their last meetings with the Hoops, winning twice.
- QPR have hit just one goal on their last five trips to the Ricoh Arena.
- Only one of Coventry's 11 league games at home this season has ended in a draw.
- Marlon King has scored in the Sky Blues' last two league games at home.
- QPR have hit just two goals in their last five away matches in the Championship combined.
Bristol City v Crystal Palace
- City have won their last three meetings with the Eagles by a 1-0 scoreline.
- Nicky Maynard has scored in three of his last four league appearances against Palace.
- City are unbeaten in their last six league matches at home, and have kept three consecutive clean sheets.
- Brett Pitman has opened the scoring in the last three league games at Ashton Gate, bagging five goals in total.
- Palace have lost their last five league away games.
Burnley v Scunthorpe
- Burnley have won just one of their last seven league games at home to the Iron.
- However Burnley have lost just one of their last six against Scunthorpe in all competitions.
- Having kept a clean sheet in five of their opening six league games at Turf Moor, Burnley have failed to shut out their opponents in their last five.
- The Iron have shipped three goals in each of their last two league away games.
Doncaster v Ipswich
- Rovers are unbeaten in their last six games against Ipswich in all competitions, winning three.
- Last season Rovers came from behind to draw in both league meetings with Ipswich.
- Rovers are unbeaten in their last four at home in the Championship, winning three.
- The Tractor Boys have lost six of their last seven league games on the road.
Hull v Reading
- Three of the last five meetings between the Royals and the Tigers have ended 1-1.
- Hull are without a win in their last seven games at home to Reading.
- The 10 games at the KC Stadium this season in the league have produced only 12 goals.
- Shane Long has scored four goals in his last four appearances away from home with the Royals.
Leeds United v Portsmouth
- Pompey are on a run of four straight wins against Leeds in all competitions.
- However, the Whites have won their last four matches at home to Portsmouth in the second tier of English football.
- Leeds have won their last three games at home in the league this season.
- Pompey have won four of their last six league games on the road, including the last two.
Millwall v Leicester
- The last three league meetings between Millwall and Leicester have ended in a 1-0 win for the away side (Leicester two times).
- The Lions have won just two of their last 13 matches against City.
- Millwall have shipped just four goals in their last six league games at the New Den.
Norwich v Sheffield United
- Norwich have won their last four games at home to the Blades, three of them by a 1-0 scoreline.
- United have lost on seven of their last eight trips to Carrow Road.
- The Canaries have won only one of their last four games at home in the league.
- All three of the Blades' away wins in the league this season have been by a score of 1-0.
Preston v Middlesbrough
- Boro have won four of their last five league meetings with Preston.
- Preston have not won at Middlesbrough in the league since November 1971.
- The last three games at Deepdale in the league have produced only three goals in total.
- Boro have lost nine of their last 10 league games on the road.
Swansea v Barnsley
- Swansea have won three of their last six league meetings with Barnsley, each by a 3-1 scoreline: the other three games ended in draws.
- The Tykes were one of just three teams against whom the Swans managed to score more than twice in a match last season.
- Swansea have scored exactly once in their last three league games at home.
- After failing to pick up all three points in their first seven away matches of the season, Barnsley have now won their last two.
Watford v Cardiff
- Cardiff are on a run of three straight wins against Watford in the league.
- Peter Whittingam hit three goals against the Hornets last season.
- Watford have won just one of their last five games at home to the Bluebirds.
- Watford are unbeaten in their last three games at home.
- Cardiff have kept only one clean sheet in their last nine Championship matches on the road.
Nottingham Forest v Derby County
- Forest haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last 10 meetings with the Rams.
- Derby have only won one of their last 15 trips to Forest in the league.
- Forest are the only side in the second tier to remain unbeaten at home this season. The Reds have won five and drawn five of their 10 games the City Ground.
- The Rams have lost their last three Championship away games.