Championship Opta Facts - 29-30 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v West Bromwich Albion
- The away side have not won this fixture in nine attempts.
- Barnsley have won only once in their last five meetings with West Bromwich Albion.
- Barnsley have lost six of their last eight league games.
- In their last league match (against Crystal Palace), West Brom suffered their first league defeat of the season and failed to score for the first time in the Championship this term.
Bristol City v Blackpool
- There have been only five goals scored in total in the last five meetings between these two sides.
- Blackpool are winless, and have only scored one goal, in their last five meetings with the Robins.
- City have scored only four goals in their last six league games.
- Blackpool have won their last three league games, conceding only one goal during that period.
Cardiff City v Derby County
- Three of the last five meetings between these two have ended in a draw.
- Cardiff have won only once in their last four league games against Derby at home.
- Cardiff have lost four of their last five league games, scoring just two goals during that period.
- After four successive league defeats, Derby won their last Championship fixture at the weekend.
Crystal Palace v Sheffield Wednesday
- The away side have won only once in the last ten meetings between these two sides.
- Leon Clarke scored for Wendesday in both of their meetings with Palace last term.
- Palace have won their last two league games by a 1-0 scoreline.
- Wednesday have hit 14 goals in their last six league matches.
Doncaster Rovers v Swansea City
- Doncaster have won only once in their last six meetings with Swansea City.
- Swansea have kept a clean sheet in each of their last two visits to Doncaster Rovers.
- Three of Rovers' last four league games have ended level.
- After scoring three goals in total in their first eight league games, Swansea scored two in their last match (2-1 v Sheffield United).
Middlesbrough v Leicester City
- The home side has only won twice in the last ten meetings between these two teams.
- The last season that these two sides found themselves in the same division was back in the Premier League in 2003/04 - both matches that term ended level.
- Gareth Southgate's side have won just twice in their last five league games.
- The Foxes have won just once in five league matches.
Peterborough United v Plymouth Argyle
- Plymouth are unbeaten in their last six meetings with the Posh.
- Peterborough have lost each of their last five away games against Plymouth.
- The Posh have just one win to their name in the league so far this term.
- Plymouth have lost seven consecutive league matches.
Preston North End v Reading
- Reading have lost only once in their last four meetings with Preston.
- The last time that these two drew a league game at Deepdale was back in February 2000.
- Preston have won five of their last seven league matches, losing just once in this period.
- Reading have failed to score in five of their nine league games this season.