Championship Opta Facts – April 21-23
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts - Apr 21-23
Cardiff v Leeds
- Cardiff are unbeaten in their last 12 meetings with Leeds in all competitions, winning eight and drawing four.
- Leeds forward Robert Snodgrass has scored in each of the last two clashes between the two sides.
- Only six of the goals the Bluebirds have shipped this season have been headers, a league-low figure.
- Leeds have scored from three direct free-kicks this season, no Championship team has managed more.
- Cardiff are unbeaten in eight games now, the longest current unbeaten run in the division.
- United have failed to score in four of their last five games, losing each of those four games (and winning the other).
Blackpool v Burnley
- Blackpool have enjoyed just one win in their last 10 meetings with Burnley in all competitions, losing the last three in a row.
- At Bloomfield Road, the Tangerines have lost just one of their last three encounters with the Clarets, winning one and drawing one.
- Blackpool have gained 31 points from losing positions this season, more than any other side.
- Charlie Austin has netted six goals in his last six games for the Clarets.
- The Tangerines have conceded just one goal in their last five games.
- Burnley have suffered just one defeat in their last seven league fixtures, winning three and drawing three.
Brighton v Birmingham
- Brighton have failed to score in each of their last three meetings with Birmingham (in all competitions)
- The Blues have won 1-0 on each of their last two visits to Sussex (in all competitions).
- Birmingham have thrown away 29 points from leading positions this season, more than any other side.
- A league-high 71% of the Seagulls' goals have come in the second-half this season.
- The Blues have now scored in 14 games in a row - only the newly-promoted Reading are on a longer current scoring run (17).
- Gus Poyet's side are now without a win in six games, the third-worst current winless streak in the division.
Bristol City v Barnsley
- The last five clashes between the two sides have produced a total of 28 goals, at a rate of 5.6 per game.
- City have lost just one of their last eight encounters with the Tykes.
- The Tykes have picked up a league-low one point from losing positions this season.
- The Robins have put through their own net four times this season - no side has scored more own-goals.
- City are unbeaten in six games, although four of those (including the last two) were draws.
- Barnsley have netted a total of three goals in their last 10 games.
Coventry v Doncaster
- The last two meetings between the two sides have ended in 1-1 draw with James Hayter scoring both goals for Donny.
- The Sky Blues are unbeaten in their last six meetings with Rovers, winning three and drawing three.
- Coventry have thrown away 17 points from leading positions at home this season, more than any other Championship side.
- 31% of Donny's goals have come from headers (12 in total), a league-high proportion.
- Rovers have now gone 11 games without a win, the joint-longest winless run this season.
- Coventry are without a win in four games, losing two and drawing two.
Hull v Nottm Forest
- The last three meetings between the two sides have produced a total of just two goals, while four of the last six have ended in a 1-0 scoreline.
- The Tigers have lost just one of their last seven clashes with Forest, winning five (four by a 1-0 scoreline) and drawing one.
- Hull have bagged a joint-league-low four headed goals this season.
- Forest have conceded 20 headed goals this season, more than any other side.
- The Tigers have conceded in each of their last eight games, the joint-longest current run without a clean sheet in the Championship.
- Forest's last four games have produced a total of just three goals.
Ipswich v Millwall
- At Portman Road, Ipswich have lost just one of their last eight games against Millwall (in all competitions).
- The last four clashes between the two sides (in all competitions) have produced a total of 13 goals at a rate of 3.25 per game.
- The Lions have conceded just two goals in the opening 15 minutes of their games, fewer than any other side.
- The Tractor Boys have bagged exactly one goal in seven of their last eight league games (netting none in the other).
- Millwall have kept clean sheets in five of their last seven games.
- Ipswich have enjoyed just one victory in their last seven games.
Peterborough v Watford
- Peterborough have lost just one of their last five meetings with Watford, although that defeat did come last time around, 3-2 away in October.
- At London Road, the Posh have won the last two clashes with the Hornets by a 2-1 scoreline.
- 52% of the Hornets' goals have come before the break this season, a league-high figure.
- A league-high 53% of the goals the Posh have shipped this season have come in the first-half.
- Peterborough have now lost three in a row, the longest current losing streak in the Championship.
- Sean Murray and Troy Deeney have scored (between them) 10 of the Hornet's last 14 goals.
Portsmouth v Derby
- Portsmouth have registered just one win in their last five encounters with Derby.
- However, at Fratton Park, the Solent side are unbeaten in four meetings with the Rams, scoring 12 goals in the process.
- Pompey have shipped 12 goals in the first 15 minutes of their games this season, the joint-highest figure so far.
- The Rams have scored just two goals all season in the final 15 minutes of their games, fewer than any other side.
- Greg Halford has bagged three goals in Pompey's last two games.
- Derby have failed to find the back of the net in three of their last four games.
Reading v Crystal Palace
- Reading have scored exactly three goals in three of their last four meetings with Palace (3-3, 3-0 and 3-1), with the other game ending 0-0.
- The Royals have suffered just one defeat in their last 10 meetings with the Eagles.
- The newly-promoted Reading have lost just five points from leading positions this season, fewer than any other side.
- Palace have only netted four headed goals this season, the joint-lowest figure this season.
- The Royals have now won six games in a row, the longest current winning streak in the Championship.
- The Eagles are without a win in seven, their worst winless streak this season.
Middlesbrough v Southampton
The last four clashes between Middlesbrough and Southampton have produced a total of 15 goals, at a rate of 3.75 per game.
The Saints have lost just two of their last 10 clashes with Boro and are unbeaten in the least three.
On the road, Southampton have lost just two points from leading positions, fewer than any other side.
Boro have won just one of their last 10 games, drawing five and losing four.
Rickie Lambert has bagged three goals in his last three games for the Saints.
Only one of Middlesbrough's last 12 goals has come in the first-half.
Leicester v West Ham
The Foxes are without a win in their last five clashes with West Ham, drawing three and losing two.
The last three meetings between the two sides have produced a total of three red cards, while the last seven clashes have seen five sendings-off.
The Hammers have netted a league-high 22 headed goals this season.
33% of the Foxes' goals this season have come from outside the box, a league-high proportion.
Portuguese attacker Ricardo Vaz Te has netted eight goals in the Hammers' last six games.