Championship Opta Facts - 30 April - 2 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Leeds v Burnley
- Leeds have an excellent recent record against their playoff rivals Burnley, winning nine of the last 11 clashes (two defeats).
- At Elland Road, Burnley have only taken one victory from the last six meetings; a 2-1 win in November 2004.
- Only 18% of Leeds' goals this season have come from set pieces, the lowest ratio in the Championship.
- The Clarets have gained a whopping 30 points from losing positions this campaign, winning a higher percentage of games they have fallen behind in (30%) than any other side.
Coventry v Reading
- Reading are unbeaten in seven meetings against the Sky Blues, winning four and drawing three.
- The Royals have netted exactly three goals in each of their last three wins over Coventry.
- The Sky Blues have only won three points from losing positions this season, the fewest in the league.
- Reading have taken more points from their last 10 league games (25) than any other side.
Derby v Bristol City
- The last four meetings between these sides have all been won by the home team, whilst the away side has only triumphed in one of the last nine clashes.
- Brett Pittman scored twice against Derby earlier this season, while Nicky Maynard netted a brace on his last outing against the Rams, in a 2-1 victory at Ashton Gate last term.
- The Rams haven't scored more than two in a game since November 20 (3-2 v Scunthorpe) but have conceded more than two on six occasions since that win.
- The Robins have only taken one point from the last 15 available in the league.
Doncaster v Leicester
- The Foxes are unbeaten in six games against Doncaster, and haven't lost to Rovers since September 1955.
- Martyn Waghorn has scored in both of his last two appearances against Doncaster.
- Rovers have conceded 68% of their goals in the second half this season, the highest ratio in the league.
- Leicester's last six league games have seen a total of 27 goals netted.
Hull v Crystal Palace
- Four of the last five clashes between the Tigers and the Eagles have ended in draws, with three of the four ending 1-1.
- Hull have only managed two clean sheets in their last 13 games against Palace.
- The Tigers haven't kept a clean sheet in seven league games, but have found the net in seven of their last eight.
- The Eagles need just one point to guarantee safety, but have now gone 16 away games without a win.
Ipswich v Preston
- Relegated Preston have won four and drawn two of their last six meetings with Ipswich.
- North End have only lost one of their last five trips to Portman Road, winning three of them.
- Ipswich have conceded nine goals in their last two league games combined.
- Relegated Preston have kept just one clean sheet in 23 league games.
Millwall v Swansea
- Millwall are unbeaten in 13 home meetings with the Swans and haven't lost this fixture since March 1930.
- Overall, only one of the last 11 clashes between these sides has been won by the away side.
- The Lions have alternated between a win and a draw in their last six league games at the New Den. For this to continue, they must draw against the Swans.
- Swansea have lost 1-2 in three of their last four away games, drawing the other 0-0.
- Loanee Fabio Borini has scored six goals in his last seven appearances for the Welsh side.
Nottingham Forest v Scunthorpe
- Of the four previous meetings between these sides at the City Ground, both teams have picked up two wins each, with the winning side keeping a clean sheet on each occasion.
- In the league, Forest have only won one of their seven previous clashes with the Iron, drawing two and losing four.
- Forest have conceded at least two goals in six of their last seven league encounters.
- The Iron have now gone 10 league games without a clean sheet.
Sheffield Utd v Barnsley
- 11 of the last 13 goals scored in this fixture have come in the second half, with seven of them coming in the last 15 minutes.
- Of the last 12 meetings between these South Yorkshire rivals, six have ended in draws and six have been decided by the odd goal.
- Sheffield United have taken fewer points from Yorkshire derbies (seven) than any of their county rivals, whilst no side has taken more than the Tykes (12).
- Barnsley are now without a win in nine away games, although their last away win was against another Yorkshire rival; 2-0 at Doncaster in January.
Watford v QPR
- Watford have won six of their last seven home meetings with QPR, scoring exactly three goals in each of their last five victories.
- Danny Graham netted a brace in this season's reverse fixture, as the Hornets won 3-1 at Loftus Road.
- The Hornets have netted 27 goals from crosses this season, the most in the league.
- QPR have conceded fewer goals in the opening 15 minutes (three) and fewer in the closing 15 minutes (five) than any other side in the Championship.
Cardiff v Middlesbrough
- Only one of the last 16 meetings between these sides has ended in a draw.
- The Bluebirds have won 10 of their last 12 home meetings with Boro, losing just once.
- Cardiff have netted more goals in the opening 15 minutes (16) than any other side in the Championship this season.
- Middlesbrough have conceded 40% of their goals from set pieces this season, the most in the second tier.
- Tony Mowbray's side have scored and conceded in each of their last eight league games.
Portsmouth v Norwich
- Both have sides have found the net in six of the last seven clashes between these sides at Fratton Park.
- Norwich have been reduced to 10 men in both of their last two meetings with Pompey.
- The Canaries have now netted nine goals in the 90th minute or later, no other side has netted more than six in stoppage time.
- Pompey have netted 71% of their goals in the second half this season, the highest ratio in the second flight.