Championship Opta Facts - 5th - 6th February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Newcastle v Cardiff
- Newcastle have won their last five matches against Cardiff.
- The Bluebirds have scored exactly once in their last three matches at Newcastle.
- Table-toppers Newcastle are unbeaten in 14 league matches, a run which has seen them keep nine clean sheets.
- However the Magpies have drawn four of their five league games since Christmas.
- Only West Brom (27) have picked up more points on the road in the Championship this season than Cardiff (24).
- Having failed to score in 14 consecutive league appearances, Michael Chopra has now scored three goals in his last two.
Barnsley v Watford
- Barnsley have won their last three matches at home to Watford.
- Eight of the last nine goals in clashes between these two have come in the second half.
- Barnsley have only been defeated in one of their last seven league games at home.
- Watford ended a run of six league matches without a win with a 3-0 win over Sheffield United last time out.
- Tom Cleverley has bagged three goals in his last four league appearances with the Hornets.
Blackpool v Leicester
- Leicester have won just one of their last five league clashes with the Seasiders.
- The side playing away from home has scored exactly once in each of the last five meetings between the teams (in all competitions).
- Only four sides have won more points at home than Blackpool this season (25), but Ian Holloway's side have only won one of their last six at Bloomfield Road.
- Leicester have failed to score in their last three league matches.
- The Foxes' last three away matches in the league have ended in defeat.
Bristol City v Coventry
- Bristol City are unbeaten in eight meetings with Coventry in all competitions, winning six.
- Coventry have scored just two goals in total in their last six clashes with the Robins.
- Bristol City have won just one of their last seven league games in front of their own fans.
- The Robins have kept only one clean sheet in their last nine league games at Ashton Gate.
- Coventry have drawn their last two league matches.
Doncaster v Reading
- Reading are unbeaten in six matches against Doncaster.
- Rovers have scored just one goal in these six games.
- Doncaster have lost three of their last four league matches.
- The Royals have lost their last three away matches in the Championship.
- Despite claiming over half of their points (14 of 26) on the road this season, Reading have conceded more away goals than any other Championship side in 2009/10 (28).
Ipswich v Middlesbrough
- Ipswich have won their last three matches at home to 'Boro.
- Middlesbrough have won just one of their last eight games against the Tractor Boys.
- Ipswich are unbeaten in nine consecutive league games at Portman Road.
- Middlesbrough are unbeaten in three league games: only in their opening four matches have they gone four unbeaten in the Championship.
- Each of 'Boro's three league wins since the end of October have come when they have scored three or more goals.
Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday
- Forest have won their last two matches at home to the Owls, scoring six goals in the process.
- Just one of the last 19 games between these sides has ended in a draw.
- Defeat in the derby at Derby in their last match ended a run of 19 games unbeaten in the league for Forest.
- However Billy Davies' men remain unbeaten in 10 at home in the league, winning nine.
- Rob Earnshaw has scored in five of his last six league appearances at the City Ground, amassing a total of eight goals in the process.
- The Owls have won four of their last five in the league, each by a score of 2-1.
Peterborough v QPR
- The last three meetings between Peterborough and QPR have ended in a draw.
- The Hoops are unbeaten in six against the Posh.
- Peterborough have won just one of their last 14 league games.
- QPR have won just one of their last 11.
- The Posh have kept only one clean sheet at home in the league all season.
- Both sides have failed to score in three of their last four Championship games.
Plymouth v West Brom
- The Baggies have won their last four meetings with Plymouth.
- Plymouth are without a win in their last three games hosting West Brom.
- Only one of Plymouth's last 24 league games has ended in a draw (seven wins, 16 defeats).
- The Pilgrims kept a clean sheet in their last league match at Home Park, ending a run of nine matches in which they conceded exactly one in each.
- West Brom are unbeaten in nine games away from home, and have won a league-high 27 points on the road this term.
Scunthorpe v Crystal Palace
- Scunthorpe have failed to score in three of their last four meetings with Palace.
- However the Iron won their meeting earlier this season 4-0 at Selhurst Park.
- The Iron are unbeaten in their last four league matches, winning three.
- Garry Thompson has scored three goals in his last four league games for Scunthorpe.
- Palace have lost just one of their last nine matches in all competitions, winning five.
Sheffield United v Derby
- The Blades have won four of the last five clashes with Derby.
- Rob Hulse has scored two goals in his last three games against United.
- The Blades have not conceded a goal in any of their last six league matches at Bramall Lane.
- However, Sheffield United have conceded three in each of their last two league matches in the Championship (away at West Brom and away at Watford).
Swansea v Preston
- Swansea have won five of their last six against Preston (in all competitions).
- Four of the Swans' last five league games have ended in a draw.
- Just five goals have been scored overall in those matches.
- In their last four league matches, Preston have either kept a clean sheet (twice) or conceded four (twice).
- Danny Welbeck has scored in two of his three league appearances for the Lillywhites so far.