Championship Opta Facts – December 22-23
Blackpool V Wolves
- Sylvain Ebanks-Blake has scored three goals in his last three appearances against Blackpool.
- Blackpool are on the longest current unbeaten run in the Championship (eight games).
- However, five of the last seven league games involving Blackpool have ended in a draw.
- Blackpool have scored eight goals in the final 10 minutes of their last eight matches.
- Wolves have won just two of their last 12 league games (W2 D3 L7).
Derby V Hull
- The side playing away from home have won the last three meetings between Hull and Derby, keeping a clean sheet on all occasions.
- Hull have won more points away from home this season (19) than any other side in the Championship.
- The Tigers are the form team in the Championship, having collected more points than any other side in their last 10 games (22).
- Derby have lost just one of their last five matches in the Championship (W3 D1 L1).
- Hull have won three successive league games, scoring exactly twice in each of those matches.
Birmingham V Burnley
- Birmingham have won their last three league meetings with Burnley, with both home games in that period ending 2-1 to the Blues.
- The Blues have won just one of their last seven league games (W1 D3 L3).
- Burnley have won just one of their last seven league matches (W1D3 L3).
- Sean Dyche's side have conceded only two first half goals in their last nine league games.
- Charlie Austin has scored just four goals in his last 10 league appearances for Burnley, having netted 15 goals in his 10 previous apps for the club.
Blackburn V Brighton
- These two sides will meet for the first time in over 20 years, with their last meeting coming back in March 1992.
- Brighton are the Championship draw specialists, having played out 10 draws already this season - including in each of their last three matches.
- Blackburn have won just six points in the nine games since Henning Berg was named as their manager (W1 D3 L5).
- Brighton have fired in more shots than any other Championship side this season so far (249).
- Over half (8 - 62%) of the last 13 goals that Blackburn have scored in the Championship have come from Jordan Rhodes.
Ipswich V Bristol City
- Ipswich have won five and drawn three of their last eight meetings with Bristol City, including wins in the last four on the trot.
- Bristol City have not scored a goal in any of their last six meetings with the Suffolk side.
- The Robins have conceded in all 22 of their games in the Championship this season.
- DJ Campbell has scored eight goals in his 13 appearances for Ipswich Town this season.
- 10 of the last 11 goals that Bristol City have conceded have come in the first half of matches.
Leeds United V Middlesbrough
- None of the last eight encounters between these two sides have seen the home side win (six away wins, two draws).
- Leeds have scored with a higher percentage of their shots than any other Championship side this season (20.6%).
- Luciano Becchio has scored five goals in his last six appearances for Leeds in all comps.
- Leeds have won four of their last five games in the Championship (W4 L1).
- Just one of the last 13 league games involving Middlesbrough have ended in a draw (W9 L3).
Leicester V Cardiff
- None of the last six league encounters (excl. playoffs) between these two sides have ended in an away win.
- Cardiff have won more games than any other side in the Championship this term (14), but have lost more games (6) than 9th placed Nottingham Forest (5).
- Cardiff City have scored in each of their last 20 league games. They have only failed to find the net once in their 22 matches in the Championship this season.
- No side have kept more clean sheets in the Championship this season than the Foxes (8).
- Leicester have won just one of their last four league games (W1 D1 L2).
Millwall V Barnsley
- Barnsley have won just one of their last six meetings with the Lions (W1 D2 L3).
- Millwall striker Darius Henderson netted a hat-trick in the last meeting between these two sides, back in January.
- Barnsley have won fewer games than any other Championship side this season (4).
- The Tykes have won just eight points away from home this season in the Championship; a joint-low with Sheffield Wednesday.
- Millwall have conceded just seven goals in their last 10 league games, a league-low.
Peterborough V Bolton
- This will be the first meeting between these two sides since April 1994; a season in which Peterborough finished bottom of the second tier (1993-94).
- Peterborough have already lost nine home games this season in the Championship; more than any other side.
- No side have fired in as many shots on target in the Championship this term as Bolton have (128).
- Dwight Gayle has netted in three successive games for Peterborough United (four goals).
- Bolton have found the net in 13 of their last 14 league matches.
Sheffield Wednesday V Charlton
- Charlton are unbeaten (W2 D2) in their four league meetings with the Owls since the start of 2010-11.
- No side have failed to score in more games this season than Sheffield Wednesday (8).
- Wednesday come in to this game off the back of their first league win in eight games - this after a run of seven successive defeats.
- The Owls have scored only five goals in their last eight league games.
- Charlton have lost only one of their last eight league games (W4 D3 L1), but this came in their last game against Bolton.
Watford V Nottingham Forest
- There have been just six goals scored in the last five meetings between Watford and Nottingham Forest.
- No side have scored more goals over their last 10 league games than Watford (22).
- Matej Vydra has scored eight goals in the Championship this season, despite attempting only 13 shots on target.
- No Championship side have drawn more games 0-0 this season than Forest (3).
- Troy Deeney has scored seven goals in his last seven games for Watford and also netted in the last meeting between these two teams.
Crystal Palace V Huddersfield
- Palace have won just one of their last 10 meetings with Huddersfield (W1 D6 L3).
- Huddersfield are on a six match run without a win in the Championship (L4 D2).
- Crystal Palace have already scored 10 penalties this season, and have been awarded 12 - both league highs.
- Palace striker Glenn Murray has scored 20 goals in just 18 league appearances this season.
- Huddersfield have conceded 14 goals in their last six league games.