Championship Opta Facts - 6 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackpool v Ipswich
- The teams have already met twice this season, once in the FA Cup and once in the league, with Ipswich winning both games, 2-1 in the cup at Bloomfield Road and 3-1 in the league at Portman Road.
- There have been three red cards in total in the two meetings played this season.
- Blackpool have won their last two home games 2-0, with DJ Campbell scoring in both games.
- Ipswich have scored exactly one goal in their last three away games, enough for a win, draw and loss.
Bristol City v Doncaster
- Four of the last five meetings between the two sides have ended 1-0 (two wins each).
- The Robins are unbeaten in their last eight meetings with Rovers at Ashton Gate, winning six and drawing two.
- Bristol City have not kept a clean sheet in seven home games, the second longest active run in the league, behind only QPR.
- Doncaster have conceded just five goals in their last seven away games, keeping four clean sheets in this period.
Cardiff v Middlesbrough
- Cardiff have won the last three meetings between the sides (in all competitions), with all those victories coming away at Middlesbrough.
- Three of the last four meetings between the two sides have been FA Cup games.
- Cardiff have failed to score in 262 minutes of league action, conceding six in this time.
- However, Gordon Strachan's team have failed to score in 208 minutes away from home.
Crystal Palace v Sheffield United
- The Blades have won just one of their last five clashes with Crystal Palace, with that win coming in their meeting earlier this season (2-0 at Bramall Lane).
- The Eagles have won just one of their last eight games against Sheffield United at Selhurst Park, drawing three and losing four.
- Palace have lost their last three home games, their worst run since March 2007.
- The Blades have lost their last five away games, conceding 11 games and scoring three.
Derby v Watford
- Only two of the last 17 meetings between the two sides have been away wins.
- Watford have won just one of their last eight meetings with Derby away from home.
- None of Derby's last seven home games have ended in draws.
- Watford have not won away from home in 10 games, losing seven and drawing three.
Newcastle v Barnsley
- Newcastle United are unbeaten in nine successive meetings with Barnsley in all competitions.
- Barnsley have lost on their last five trips to St James Park in all competitions and have not won there since September 1982.
- Newcastle have lost just one of their last 20 Championship fixtures.
- None of Barnsley's last 12 league games have ended level, six wins and six draws.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea
- Swansea have failed to score in four of their last six matches against Forest.
- The home team have won only twice in the last 10 meetings between these two sides.
- Swansea are the form team in the Championship at the moment, taking 20 points from their last 10 games, more than any other side, and not losing once in this run.
- Forest have won their last nine home games, the longest run in the league.
Peterborough v Coventry
- The away side have not won any of the last seven meetings between Peterborough and Coventry in all competitions.
- The Posh have won just twice in their 10 matches against Coventry City in all competitions.
- Peterborough have won their last two home games, the first time they have record back to back victories at home this season.
- Coventry have netted just three goals in their last four away games, and never more than once in this run.
Plymouth v Preston
- The home team have kept a clean sheet in seven of the last nine meetings between these two sides.
- Plymouth have won just twice in their last 11 meetings with Preston North End.
- Plymouth have netted just 15 home goals this season, a league low.
- Preston have lost their last three away games, conceding 10 goals in the process.
QPR v West Brom
- The last five meetings between these two sides have averaged 4.2 goals a game.
- QPR have won just once in their last eight meetings with West Brom.
- The Baggies have won more points (31) away from home than any other team in the Championship this season.
- QPR have lost six of their last seven games in the Championship.
Sheffield Wednesday v Leicester
- The away team have won three of the last four encounters between the Owls and Leicester.
- None of the last seven meetings between these two have ended in a draw.
- The Owls have only drawn one of their last 16 league games.
- Leicester have conceded exactly one goal in five of their last six away games.