Championship Opta Facts - 7-9 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts – 7-9 August
Middlesbrough v Sheffield United
- The home team has lost only one of the past 13 encounters between these two sides.
- United have managed just one goal in their last three matches against Middlesbrough.
- Only four of the last 19 matches between these two teams have ended in a draw.
- No side scored fewer goals at home in the Premier League than Middlesbrough last season - 17.
- Boro' have only won two of their last 14 league matches at the Riverside.
Cardiff City v Scunthorpe United
- Only two of the last 15 matches played between these sides have seen the home team win.
- Scunthorpe managed to win their last meeting with the Bluebirds, but went without a win in the previous 12.
- Cardiff failed to score in three of their final four league games last term.
- Cardiff won 16 penalties in the Championship last season - a divisional high.
Crystal Palace v Plymouth Argyle
- None of the last 13 meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- The last five meetings between these two sides at Selhurst Park have been one by a difference of one goal.
- Palace have lost just two of their last 15 home matches against Plymouth, but both have these have come since October 2006.
- There have only been 10 goals scored in the last nine league matches played at Selhurst Park.
- Argyle failed to win any of their final four league matches last season.
Derby County v Peterborough United
- Derby County have only won once in their last four league encounters with the Posh.
- However, in all competitions, Peterborough have only managed to win two of their previous six meetings.
- Derby lost four of their final five league games last term.
- The Posh lost only three of their 23 league matches away from home last season.
- Peterborough only lost once in their final 12 league matches last season.
Leicester City v Swansea City
- Leicester City are unbeaten in their last six meetings with the Swans; winning four of these games.
- Swansea have only won once in their last 13 meetings with the Foxes - a 6-1 victory in March 1956.
- Leicester have not lost a home game against Swansea since October 1950.
- Swansea drew the most matches in the Championship last season - 20.
- Leicester City won more games than any other side in League One last term - 27.
Preston North End v Bristol City
- Preston have lost only once in their last seven meetings with Bristol City.
- Bristol City have failed to score in their last three visits to Preston North End.
- City have not been able to win any of their last eight league fixtures.
- Preston conceded 31 goals in the first half of league matches last season - the most in the Championship.
- Alan Irvine's side won a league-high 25 points from losing positions last season.
QPR v Blackpool
- Blackpool have won only once in their last 16 meetings with QPR.
- QPR last lost a home match against Blackpool in February 1972.
- No side scored fewer goals in the league than QPR last season - 42.
- Blackpool lost only once in their final 10 league matches last term.
- Rangers have won only once in their last six Championship fixtures.
- The Seasiders conceded the most goals in the second half of league games last term - 40.
Reading v Nottingham Forest
- There have only been four goals scored in the last five games between Reading and Nottingham Forest.
- Forest have scored only once in their last four visits to Reading, but that goal was enough to secure victory in their meeting last season.
- Billy Davies' side have failed to win any of their last five league games away from home.
- Reading have failed to win any of their last nine league matches at home, including their play off semi-final defeat to Burnley.
Sheffield Wednesday v Barnsley
- The Owls have scored just once in their last three Yorkshire derbies with Barnsley.
- The last six matches played between these two at Hillsborough have been won by a one-goal margin.
- Barnsley managed only one win in their final nine league matches last season.
- Sheffield Wednesday conceded the most headed goals in the league last term - 15.
Watford v Doncaster Rovers
- Watford have only lost once in their last ten meetings with Doncaster Rovers.
- Doncaster last defeated the Hornets at Vicarage Road in January 1960.
- Malky Mackay's side have conceded only seven goals in their previous ten encounters with Rovers.
- Doncaster drew the fewest matches in the Championship last season - 7.
- The Hornets have only kept one clean sheet in their last 13 league matches.
- Vicarage Road witnessed the most goals in the Championship last season - 74.
West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United
- Newcastle have won their last four competitive matches against West Brom and are unbeaten in their last six with the Baggies.
- West Brom have won only once in their last 13 games against Newcastle, and have not won at home against the Magpies since December 1984.
- The Baggies have shipped 11 goals in their last four meetings with Newcastle.
- Newcastle drew more matches than any other side in the Premier League last season (13).
- The Magpies scored only two goals in their final six away matches in the top-flight last season.
Coventry City v Ipswich Town
- Both sides have found the net in the last 14 matches played between Coventry and Ipswich.
- The Sky Blues have won only once in the previous 18 meetings between the teams.
- The last time that Ipswich failed to score against Coventry City away from home was in October 1994 - a run of eight matches.
- Coventry have failed to win in any of their last eight league matches.
- Ipswich have won their last three league matches in a row.