Championship Opta Facts - 8 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Scunthorpe
- Scunthorpe are unbeaten in their last five matches against the Tykes.
- Only four of the 27 league meetings between Scunthorpe and Barnsley have ended in a draw; but three of these have come in their last four games against one another.
- Barnsley have conceded more goals in the final 15 minutes of league games this season (17) than any other side.
- Scunthorpe have conceded a league-high 10 goals in the opening 10 minutes of Championship matches this season.
Bristol City v Portsmouth
- Portsmouth have won just once in their last nine league games against Bristol City.
- Just two of the last 11 encounters between these two clubs have seen the home side win.
- Portsmouth have scored a league-low two goals in the opening 15 minutes of Championship games this season.
- Bristol City have won their last three league games, with Nicky Maynard scoring in each match.
- Pompey have won six in a row. Should they win this match, it will be the best such-run in the Championship this season (seven wins).
Doncaster v Coventry
- The last six games between Doncaster and Coventry have seen just seven goals scored.
- Doncaster have won four and drawn three of their seven home games against Coventry.
- Coventry City have conceded a league-high 14 goals in the 15 mins leading up to half-time, while Doncaster have scored the most (13) in this period.
- The Sky Blues have won just two points in the Championship after falling behind this season; a league-low.
Hull v Burnley
- Burnley have won their last three games against Hull, scoring 10 goals in the process.
- Burnley have scored four goals from the penalty spot in their last three meetings with the Tigers.
- Burnley have scored 17 headed goals this season; more than any other side.
- Hull have lost just once in their last 11 league games.
- Just two of Matty Fryatt's league goals this season have come at home.
Ipswich v Reading
- Ipswich Town have lost just one of their last eight home games against the Royals.
- Just one of the last seven meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Paul Jewell's side have scored 13 goals in the 15 minutes after half-time in the league this term; more than any other side.
- Reading have drawn three of their last four league games away from home, losing the other.
Leicester v Norwich
- Five of the last six meetings between these two sides have seen at least three goals scored.
- Both of the last two matches between the Foxes and Norwich have seen the away side reduced to 10 men.
- 31 of Norwich's goals have come in the final half hour of games this season (56%) - a league-high.
- After going eight league games without defeat, Leicester City have collected just one point from their last three games in the Championship.
Middlesbrough v Derby
- Just one of the last eight games between these two teams has ended in a draw.
- Middlesbrough have won their last four home games against Derby County.
- Tony Mowbray's side have conceded 15 goals in their last five games; an average of three a match.
- Derby County have scored just four goals in their last 11 league games.
Millwall v QPR
- The last six London derbies between these two sides have seen just six goals scored.
- Millwall have won just one of their last seven home games against QPR.
- QPR have netted 18 goals in the final 15 minutes of Championship matches this season; a league-high.
- Millwall have not won in five league games, collecting just two points in the process.
Preston v Leeds
- The meeting between these two sides earlier this season ended 6-4 in favour of Preston; who in turn became the first away team to score six at Elland Road.
- The last three games between Leeds and Preston have seen 18 goals scored.
- Preston have lost 30 points from leading positions this season; more than any other side in the Championship.
- Leeds have suffered just one defeat in their last nine league games.
Sheffield United v Nottingham Forest
- The last five games between these two sides have seen just four goals scored.
- The last three meetings between these two teams at Bramall Lane have ended in a draw, with three red cards handed out in those matches.
- Sheffield United have conceded the first goal in a league-high 22 games this season in the Championship.
- Sheffield United have won just three points under Micky Adams in the 11 games that he has taken charge.
Swansea v Watford
- Watford have won just one of their last five league games against the Swans.
- Brendan Rodgers have won all three of his games against former clubs (Watford & Reading) this season.
- The Hornets have scored 31 goals in the first half of games this season; more than any other side in the Championship.
- Swansea have conceded just one goal in their last 397 minutes of Championship football.
Crystal Palace v Cardiff
- Five of the last eight meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Palace have lost three of their last four home games against Cardiff, scoring just two goals in the process.
- Cardiff City have scored the first goal in 21 games this season; more than any other side in the Championship.
- Crystal Palace have conceded just three goals in their last 848 minutes of league football at Selhurst Park.