Championship Opta Facts -9-10 November
Burnley v Doncaster
- Burnley are unbeaten in their last four home matches against Doncaster in all competitions.
- The Clarets have had a man sent off in their last two meetings with Doncaster.
- Burnley have scored nine headed goals this season, more than any other side in the Championship, whilst Doncaster have conceded the joint-most headers (eight).
- Burnley have won just one of their last six league games.
- Rovers have scored two or more goals in their last five league matches.
Ipswich v Derby
- Ipswich are on a run of five straight wins against Derby.
- There have been five red cards in the last six clashes between the sides.
- Ipswich have not won three straight league matches since the last three games of the 2008/09 season.
- Derby are the top-scoring side at home in the Championship this season, but have scored fewer away goals than any team in the top half of the competition (7).
Leeds United v Hull City
- Hull are without a win in their last four trips to play at Elland Road.
- The Whites have won six of their last eight matches against the Tigers.
- Nick Barmby (two goals) is the only nominal "forward" to have scored for Hull in the league this season.
- Leeds have won their last three away games but lost their last three at home in the Championship.
- The Tigers have lost only one of their four away matches in the Championship.
- Hull had more points after 15 games in the Premier League last season (16) than they do this season (14).
Millwall v Norwich
- Norwich have scored just one goal in total in their last three matches at the New Den.
- Millwall have won four of their last six games at home to the Canaries.
- Norwich have hit just one goal in the first 30 minutes of Championship matches this season, fewer than any other side.
- The Lions have lost three of their last four league matches.
- Norwich's away games this season have produced only 15 goals: only Sheffield United's have seen fewer.
Nottingham Forest v Coventry
- Forest have won their last two matches at home to Coventry.
- Lewis McGugan has scored in four of Nottingham Forest's last five league games.
- Coventry have taken 10 points from the last 12 available on the road.
- Forest are one of only three Championship sides yet to be beaten at home this season.
Portsmouth v QPR
- Four of the last five meetings between Pompey and QPR have ended level.
- Portsmouth have only won two of their last eight matches at home to the Hoops in all competitions.
- The last side to go unbeaten in their opening 15 games in the second tier was Wigan in 2004.
- Pompey are on a run of four straight home wins in the league.
Preston v Barnsley
- The side playing away from home won both matches between the sides last season by a three-goal margin.
- The Tykes have scored at least twice on five of their last seven trips to Deepdale in all competitions.
- Preston have conceded three goals in their last two league matches at home.
- Barnsley have taken maximum points in only one of their last nine league games.
- The Tykes have only scored one goal in their last four matches in the Championship.
Scunthorpe v Middlesbrough
- Boro have won their last three matches against the Iron.
- Scunthorpe's last home win against Middlesbrough dates back to 1966.
- Scunthorpe have picked up fewer points at home than any side in the Championship this season (five).
- Middlesbrough have picked up just one point away from home this season, scoring just twice in seven games on the road.
Crystal Palace v Watford
- Palace scored three times against Watford in both meetings last season, winning 3-0 at home and 3-1 at Vicarage Road.
- The Hornets have failed to score on their last two trips to Selhurst Park.
- Palace have lost their last three matches at home in the league, scoring just one goal in their last four.
- Watford's last four league away games have produced 18 goals.
Wednesday, 10 November 2010
Leicester v Sheffield United
- Matty Fryatt scored in both matches against the Blades last season.
- United have scored in all but one of their last seven matches at Leicester.
- 10 of Leicester's 18 points this season have come in the five games since Sven Goran-Eriksson took over as manager.
- United are on a run of three straight defeats in the league.
Swansea v Bristol City
- There have been just two goals scored in total in the last six matches between these sides, with four ending goalless.
- Bristol City are unbeaten in eight matches at home to Swansea in all competitions.
- The Swans have conceded only two first half goals in the Championship this season.
- Swansea are unbeaten in their last seven league matches, winning five times.
- The Swans have gone 545 minutes without conceding a goal in the league.
- Eight of Bristol City's 14 points this season have come from their last four games.
Reading v Cardiff
- Three of the last four league meetings between the sides have ended in a draw.
- Cardiff are unbeaten in their last five games against the Royals in all competitions, winning twice.
- Cardiff and Reading are the only two sides not to have conceded a goal in the last 15 minutes of Championship matches this season.
- The Royals have won four of their last five league games at home.
- The Bluebirds have won their last three away matches in the Championship.