Championship Opta Facts - 9th February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Cardiff v Peterborough
- Cardiff City have won just once in their last nine home meetings with the Posh.
- In their meeting at London Road earlier this season, Cardiff found themselves 4-0 up in 38 minutes, only for Peterborough to score four goals in the final 39 minutes, securing a 4-4 draw.
- There have been 27 goals scored in the last four matches involving Cardiff in all competitions.
- City's defeat this weekend ended a run of four successive wins for the Bluebirds.
- Peterborough had lost five games in a row before beating QPR last weekend.
Coventry v Nottingham Forest
- Forest have lost just once in their last five matches against Coventry away from home.
- The home side have kept a clean sheet in three of the last four meetings between these two teams.
- Coventry's last three games have all ended as draws.
- Forest have failed to score in four of their last six away matches.
- Forest have drawn nine away games in the Championship this season, more than any other side.
Crystal Palace v Swansea
- The away side have failed to score in four of the last five matches between Palace and Swansea.
- Swansea City have won just one of their previous seven trips to London to face the Eagles.
- Palace have earned just 12 points at home this season, the joint-fewest in the Championship.
- Palace have won their last three matches in a row.
- Swansea have kept four clean sheets in their last five Championship matches.
Derby v Newcastle
- Derby have won just once in their last five games against the Magpies.
- Newcastle have failed to find the net in three of their last four trips to Derby County.
- There have been just five goals scored in Derby's last four matches.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their last 15 matches in the Championship.
Leicester v Doncaster
- The Foxes have won five of their last six matches against Doncaster Rovers.
- Doncaster's last away win at Leicester came way back in December 1902.
- The Foxes are unbeaten in their last four games on home soil.
- Rovers have lost their last three matches in a row, scoring once in each game.
- Doncaster have gone 12 matches without a draw.
Middlesbrough v Barnsley
- Only one of the last seven matches between these two sides in Middlesbrough has ended level.
- The home side have only failed to find the net once in the last 10 meetings between Middlesbrough and Barnsley.
- Boro have drawn three of their last four matches in the Championship.
- Gordon Strachan's side have kept just two clean sheets in their last 16 league matches.
- Only one team has stopped Barnsley from scoring in their last 15 Championship matches.
Preston v Sheffield United
- The have only been five goals scored in the last five matches between Preston and Sheffield United.
- The Blades have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five games against Preston North End.
- Sheffield United have lost their last three away games in a row.
- Preston have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four league games.
QPR v Ipswich
- Ipswich Town have won their last three meetings with QPR, scoring eight goals in the process.
- QPR have been victorious in just one of their last five home games against Ipswich.
- QPR have won just one of their last 12 Championship matches.
- Rangers have lost the last three in a row without scoring.
- Ipswich have drawn 15 matches this season, more than any other side in the second tier.
Reading v Plymouth
- There have been 16 goals scored in the last five matches between Reading and Plymouth Argyle.
- Plymouth have won just one of their last six trips to Reading.
- Reading have won back to back matches for the first time this season in the Championship.
- The Royals have kept just one clean sheet in their last nine Championship matches.
- It is 13 games since Plymouth were involved in a draw in the league.
Sheffield Wednesday v Blackpool
- Blackpool have only been able to win one of their last seven meetings with the Owls.
- The Owls defeated Blackpool earlier this season. On the last occasion that Sheffield Wednesday did a league double over Blackpool, they were promoted via the play-offs.
- Five of Wednesday's last six matches have ended with a 2-1 scoreline.
- Blackpool have not kept a clean sheet nor failed to score in their last seven Championship matches.
Watford v Bristol City
- The last two meetings between these two sides have witnessed 10 goals.
There has been a last minute goal in three of the last five matches between Bristol City and Watford.
- Watford have not managed to defeat City in any of their last six meetings.
- The Hornets and the Robins have both won just one of their last respective eight league matches.
- City have kept just one clean sheet in their last nine Championship matches.
West Brom v Scunthorpe
- In the previous six meetings between these two sides, West Brom have ended victorious on five occasions, drawing the other match.
- There have been three red cards given in the last two meetings between these two teams.
- West Brom have won their last three league matches in a row.
- Scunthorpe have lost just one of their last five away games and won the last two on the road.