Championship Opta Facts - April 12th
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v QPR
- QPR have won four of their last five meetings with the Tykes, including the last three.
- The R's 1-0 win at Oakwell last season ended a run of eight trips to Barnsley without a victory.
- Barnsley have only managed one clean sheet in their last 11 league games.
- QPR have kept 22 clean sheets in 40 games, four more than any other side.
Derby v Leeds
- The Rams have won four successive games against Leeds in all competitions.
- Derby are also unbeaten in four home meetings with Leeds. The Whites last won at Pride Park in a Premier League encounter in April 2002.
- There have been 19 goals scored in the last five league games involving Derby combined.
- In four of the last five games involving Derby, a penalty has been converted.
- Leeds have only failed to score in six of their 40 league games so far this term.
Doncaster v Preston
- James Hayter has scored in his last two appearances against North End.
- Preston are unbeaten in three trips to Doncaster and last tasted defeat there in September 1994.
- Doncaster have taken just two points from the last 18 available.
- Preston have scored in 11 consecutive league games. No side in the second tier is currently on a longer run in this respect.
Ipswich v Middlesbrough
- Ipswich are unbeaten in five meetings with Middlesbrough at Portman Road, winning three and drawing two.
- Both Ipswich and Boro have found the back of the net in each of the last four clashes between the teams.
- Ipswich have won three successive league games for only the second time this campaign.
- The Tractor Boys netted exactly two goals in each of these three victories.
- Marvin Emnes has scored in both of his last two appearances for Boro.
Leicester v Crystal Palace
- Leicester are unbeaten in six home games against the Eagles, winning four, drawing two and keeping five clean sheets.
- Overall, the Foxes have netted nine goals in their last seven meetings with Palace and all nine have been scored after the break.
- The Foxes have only won one of their last four at the Walkers Stadium, losing two and drawing one.
- Crystal Palace have only taken six points on their travels this season, the fewest in the entire football league.
Millwall v Bristol City
- Only one of the last 10 clashes between these sides has been won by the away side.
- The last four meetings between Millwall and Bristol City have seen a total of six red cards, including four in the 90th minute or later.
- Millwall are unbeaten in five league games, taking 13 points from the 15 available.
- Steve Morison has scored in four of his last five appearances for the Lions.
- The Robins have conceded more goals in the opening five minutes (five) than any other side.
Nottingham Forest v Burnley
- Burnley have won four of their last five meetings with Forest, including the last three.
- Burnley have, however, won just one of their last 16 trips to Forest, although that victory came in their last visit (2-1 in September 2008).
- No team has taken fewer points from their last 10 games in the Championship than Nottingham Forest (seven).
- Burnley have won 23 points from losing positions this campaign, the most in the league.
Portsmouth v Coventry
- Three of the last four meetings between the sides at Fratton Park have ended in draws, with Pompey winning the other.
- The Sky Blues have only won one in six against Portsmouth, although that win did come in this season's reverse fixture.
- Pompey have scored 41% of their goals from set pieces this term, the highest percentage in the second tier.
- Coventry have only mustered three points from losing positions this season, the fewest in the Championship.
Scunthorpe v Reading
- Four of the last five meetings between the sides have ended in score draws, with the Iron winning the other match earlier this season.
- Reading haven't beaten Scunthorpe since November 1978, losing two and drawing four of the six meetings since that win.
- The Iron ended a run of four straight games without scoring by netting four against league leaders QPR in their last league fixture.
- Reading have taken 24 points from their last 10 league games, four more than any other side.
Sheffield United v Cardiff
- Jay Bothroyd has found the net on each of his last three appearances against the Blades, while Peter Whittingham netted a hat-trick on his last appearance at Bramall Lane.
- Just one of the last nine meetings between these sides has been won by the home team.
- The Blades have conceded the first goal on 24 occasions this term, the most in the second flight.
- Cardiff have netted the first goal on 23 occasions this campaign, the most in the second flight.
Swansea v Hull City
- Hull City have won their last three league meetings with the Swans.
- Just two of the last 14 clashes between the Swans and the Tigers in all competitions have ended in draws.
- Only QPR (47) have won more points at home than Swansea (43).
- Fabio Borini has netted three goals in two appearances for Swansea at the Liberty Stadium.
- Hull City can boast the best away record in the second tier. The Tigers have taken 34 points from 20 games on the road.
Watford v Norwich
- Watford have not managed a single clean sheet in any of their last 21 meetings with Norwich, although the Canaries have only mustered one in the last 10.
- The Hornets have only lost one of their seven clashes with Norwich, winning five and drawing one.
- Watford have managed 16 goals from corners this season, five more than any other side.
- The Canaries ended runs of nine games unbeaten and 11 games without failing to score with a 0-3 defeat at Swansea last time out.