Championship Opta Facts – Aug 16
Leeds V Middlesbrough
- Leeds have won their last two home games against Middlesbrough in league competition; they've not won three in a row since 1993.
- Middlesbrough have scored in each of their last six league trips to Elland Road, winning three (D1 L2).
- Middlesbrough have had a player sent off in four of their last six league encounters with Leeds United.
- In fact, there have been four red cards shown in the last three games between the two at Elland Road.
- Leeds have lost three of their last five home games in league competition (W1 D1), failing to score in two of those matches.
- No Championship side fired in more shots on the opening weekend than Middlesbrough (14).
Birmingham V Brighton
- Birmingham have picked up just one win from their last seven league clashes with Brighton, with that victory arriving on the road (D4 L2).
- The Seagulls have gone five games unbeaten away to Birmingham in league competition, winning twice (D3).
- The Blues have gone seven league games without a win, losing six.
- Indeed, Lee Clark's side have gone 18 league fixtures without keeping a clean sheet.
- Brighton are unbeaten in their last five away matches (excl. play-offs) in league competition, winning twice (D3).
- Birmingham were the only side in the Championship to fail to register a shot on target on the opening weekend.
Blackpool V Blackburn
- Blackpool have won just one of their last seven league encounters with Blackburn Rovers (D3 L3).
- Blackburn have gone seven league games without keeping a clean sheet away to Blackpool (W1 D3 L3).
- Last season, Jordan Rhodes scored against 16 different Championship sides, including one goal against Blackpool in the 2-2 draw at Bloomfield Road in October 2013.
- The Seasiders have picked up just one win from their last 10 league games, losing seven (D2).
- Blackpool have lost their last four home matches in league competition, they've not lost five in a row since 1967.
- Only Liverpool (29) have scored more away goals in 2014 in the top four tiers than Blackburn (25).
Bolton V Nottm Forest
- Bolton have gone four league games without a win against Nottm Forest, drawing three and losing one.
- Forest have gone seven league matches without an away win at Bolton (D4 L3). Indeed, the Reds last league victory at Bolton came back in 1978.
- Forest have won just one of their last eight away matches in the Championship, losing five (D2).
- Bolton have been shown a red card in two of the last three meetings with Nottm Forest.
- No Championship side hit more shots off target on the opening weekend than both Bolton and Nottm Forest (9).
Bournemouth V Brentford
- Bournemouth have gone six league games unbeaten against Brentford, winning twice (D4).
- The Bees have won just once in their last eight league games at Bournemouth, losing five (D2).
- Yann Kermorgant has scored four goals in his last five league games for Bournemouth.
- Callum Wilson scored two goals from just three shots on target on his Bournemouth debut last weekend; the other attempt was a penalty that was saved.
- Brentford are winless in six on the road in league competition, failing to score in four (D3 L3).
- The Bees committed just three fouls on the opening weekend three fewer than any other Championship side.
Cardiff V Huddersfield
- Cardiff have kept three clean sheets in their last four league encounters with Huddersfield (W2 D1 L1).
- The Terriers have kept just one clean sheet in their last 11 league trips to Cardiff.
- No player created more chances for his teammates on the opening weekend than Huddersfield's Oliver Norwood (5).
- Managerless Huddersfield have gone 12 league games without a clean sheet, last keeping a shutout against Charlton in March.
- Cardiff have won just one of their last seven league games at the Cardiff City Stadium (D2 L4).
Charlton V Wigan
- Charlton are unbeaten against Wigan on home soil in league competition, winning twice and keeping three clean sheets.
- Wigan were unbeaten against Charlton last season (W1 D1), winning the most recent clash 2-1 in February 2014.
- Wigan's Rob Kiernan made more clearances on the opening weekend of the Championship than any other player (22).
- Wigan have won just once in their last five away league fixtures (D1 L3), excluding play-offs.
- Charlton have scored exactly three goals in three of their last five matches, netting a solitary goal in the other two games (W3 D1 L1).
Fulham V Millwall
- Fulham have won their last two league matches against Millwall, they've not won three in a row since 1973.
- Millwall have gone seven league matches without keeping a clean sheet against the Whites, losing twice (W3 D2).
- Fulham's Scott Parker made 94 passes against Ipswich last weekend, more than any other player in the division.
- Millwall have gone nine league games unbeaten, winning five and drawing four.
- Fulham have conceded two or more goals in each of their last five league matches, losing three (D2).
- Mark Beevers' goal against Leeds last weekend was his first since October 2012.
Norwich V Watford
- Norwich have won only once in their last eight league matches against Watford, losing five (D2).
- Watford have scored exactly three goals in three of their last four trips to Norwich in league competition (W3 L1).
- Watford's Almen Abdi fired in more shots on the opening weekend of the Championship than any other player (5).
- The Canaries are winless in eight in league competition, losing seven. They've also failed to score in seven of those games.
- The Hornets have won just one of their last 17 away matches in the Championship, drawing nine (L7).
- Troy Deeney has netted in each of his last four appearances for Watford. Indeed, no player has scored more league goals in 2014 in the top four tiers than Deeney (14).
Reading V Ipswich
- Reading have won five of their last six league encounters with Ipswich, though they lost the most recent clash (0-2) in January 2014.
- The Tractor Boys have won only once in their last nine league matches away to Reading, losing five (D3)
- No player made more interceptions on the opening weekend than Reading's Shaun Cummings (6).
- Reading have won just one of their last nine league games at the Madejski Stadium (D5 L3).
- Since April 27th, Ipswich have yet to lose when Daryl Murphy has scored (W10 D4).
Rotherham V Wolves
- Rotherham have gone 15 league matches without a win against Wolves, losing nine and drawing six.
- Wolves have netted 13 goals in their last four league clashes with the Millers, an average of 3.25 per game.
- No player created more chances for his teammates on the opening weekend than Rotherham's Ben Pringle (5).
- Lee Frecklington made eight tackles on the opening weekend of the Championship, more than any other player.
- Wolves have gone 11 league games without defeat, winning nine and drawing twice.
- Indeed, Wolves have won more league games in 2014 than any other side in the top four tiers of English football (18).
Sheff Wed V Derby
- Sheffield Wednesday have gone 10 games without a win against the Rams in league competition, losing seven (D3).
- Derby have kept seven clean sheets in their last 10 league clashes with the Owls.
- Sheffield Wednesday's summer signing Stevie May scored or assisted 50% of St Johnstone's goals in the Scottish Premiership last season (scoring 20 and assisting four).
- The Owls have conceded three or more goals in each of their last four home games at Hillsborough (D1 L3).
- Last campaign, Chris Martin scored against 14 different Championship sides, including one goal against Sheffield Wednesday in Derby's 3-0 home win in November 2013.