Championship Opta Facts – Aug 19-20
Birmingham City v Ipswich Town
- Blues are without a win in five against Ipswich, drawing two and losing three.
- Daryl Murphy has scored on his last two starts against Birmingham City, though both came at Portman Road.
- Ipswich defender Christophe Berra has been booked in both league games this season; he's never been booked in three consecutive Championship appearances.
- The Tractor Boys have been shown more yellow cards than any other side this season (6).
- Only Lee Grant (10) has made more saves this season than Darren Randolph (9).
Blackpool v Brentford
- Blackpool have won just three of their last 16 against the Bees, with their last win coming back in March 2005.
- Brentford have only won one of their last five trips to Bloomfield Road, however (D2 L2).
- No player has been fouled more times this season than Tomasz Cywka (8).
- Blackpool last lost their opening three league games in 2006; a run in which they suffered defeat at the hands of the Bees.
- The Bees (9) have committed the fewest fouls in the division in 2014/15.
Bournemouth v Nottingham Forest
- Bournemouth scored a last minute goal in both meetings with the Tricky Trees last term.
- Forest have lost four of their last five trips to Bournemouth (D1), not winning there since 1949.
- No player has provided more assists this season than Matt Ritchie (2).
- Nottm Forest have allowed their opponents three shots on target so far this season, though two of those efforts have resulted in goals.
- Bournemouth last won their opening three league games in 2009/10 in League Two, they went on to secure promotion in that campaign.
Cardiff City v Wigan Athletic
- Cardiff are without a win in 11 meetings with the Latics in all competitions (D5 L6), losing each of the last four.
- Wigan have won three and lost none of their last seven away games against Cardiff, with three of the four draws in this run ending goalless.
- Callum McManaman has scored in back to back league games for the first since May 2013.
- Kenwyne Jones has netted in successive league appearances for the first time since December 2012.
- Wigan have scored three goals from just four shots on target this season.
Charlton Athletic v Derby County
- Charlton are without a win in six against the Rams, drawing two and losing four.
- Jamie Ward has banged in four goals in his last three against the Addicks.
- Derby (13) have allowed their opponents more shots on target without conceding a goal this season than any other side.
- Two of Charlton's three goals this term have arrived from outside of the box.
- Jeff Hendrick has scored three goals in his last five Championship appearances (incl. play-offs).
Leeds United v Brighton & Hove Albion
- Leeds have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last seven against the Seagulls.
- Former Brighton striker Leonardo Ulloa scored on each of his last three appearances against Leeds United.
- Leeds United debutant Billy Sharp scored with his only shot on target versus Middlesbrough.
- Brighton haven't lost their first three league games to season since 1988/89.
- Stephen Warnock has made a league-high 11 interceptions so far this season.
Norwich City v Blackburn Rovers
- Norwich have only won one of their last seven home league games against Rovers, though five have ended in draws (L1).
- Overall, Blackburn are unbeaten in nine against the Canaries (W4 D5).
- Blackburn striker Rudy Gestede has bagged eight goals in his last six appearances (all comps).
- Indeed, Gestede has scored more goals in 2014 than any other Championship player (15).
- All three of Norwich's goals this season have come from outside the box.
Rotherham United v Watford
- The Millers have only won one of their last five home league games against Watford (D3 L1).
- The Hornets have scored exactly once in six of their last seven against Rotherham United.
- Joel Ekstrand was sent off after 3 minutes v Norwich. The fastest red card in the Championship last season came after 9 minutes.
- Watford have won just one of their last 18 away matches in the Championship, drawing nine (L8).
- Watford have afforded their opponents 46 attempts at goal this season, eight more than any other side.
- Only Andy Reid (10) has created more chances this season than Ben Pringle (9).
Sheffield Wednesday v Millwall
- Wednesday midfielder Giles Coke both scored and was sent off on the most recent meeting between these sides.
- The Lions have netted on their last seven trips to Hillsborough but have only won two of those visits (D3 L2).
- Millwall haven't won their opening three league games to a season since 1990.
- No Championship side has scored more goals on home soil in 2014 (excl. play-offs) than Sheffield Wednesday (25).
- The Owls are without a win at home in five attempts, losing three and drawing two.
Bolton Wanderers v Middlesbrough
- Bolton are unbeaten in 13 home league games against Middlesbrough, winning seven and drawing six.
- Despite drawing five of their last seven at the Reebok Stadium, Boro have not won at Bolton in the league since April 1987.
- No player has committed more fouls this season than Jay Spearing (7).
- Indeed, the Trotters have made the most fouls so far this term (32).
- Middlesbrough (12) have kept more clean sheets than any other Championship side in 2014 (excl. play-offs).
Reading v Huddersfield Town
- Reading have won four of their last five against Huddersfield 1-0, with club legend Nicky Forster scoring the winner in three of them.
- The Terriers have lost five of their last eight away games at Reading, winning just one.
- No side has attempted more shots on target this season than Huddersfield, though they've scored just once this term. Indeed, only Brighton with zero goals have been less prolific than the Terriers.
- The Terriers last lost their opening three games to a season in 1992/93.
- Reading are unbeaten in their last five on home soil, winning two and drawing three.
Fulham v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Fulham have won four and drawn two of their last six at home to Wolves.
- Indeed, the away team has not been victorious in any of the last 12 meetings between these sides in all competitions.
- Fulham have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 league clashes.
- Scott Parker has made 185 passes in the opening two fixtures this term, 19 more than any other Championship player.
- Fulham have conceded two or more goals in seven of their last 10 games at home, losing six (W2 D2).
- Wolves have conceded just three goals in their last seven away matches, winning four (D2 L1).