Championship Opta Facts - December 12-14
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Newcastle
- Newcastle have won seven of their last eight meetings with Barnsley in all competitions, drawing the other.
- Barnsley are unbeaten in their last seven home meetings with Newcastle in the league.
- Newcastle have won seven on the bounce in the league and have kept clean sheets in their last four.
- Barnsley are unbeaten in five league games but have not scored a first half goal in their last four.
Coventry v Peterborough
- The away team have failed to win any of the last six encounters between these two sides.
- The last nine goals in this fixture have come in the second half of the match.
- Peterborough have drawn three successive league matches and if they do not lose this match, they will equal their longest run without a league defeat this term.
- Coventry have not won in 10 league games, losing six and drawing four.
Doncaster v Bristol City
- Bristol City have won three of their last four meetings with Doncaster.
- The away side have only won once in their last nine meetings with one another.
- Billy Sharp has scored six goals in his last six league appearances for Doncaster.
- Bristol City have won only once in their last six league games.
Ipswich v Blackpool
- Blackpool have failed to win any of their last 11 league matches against Ipswich.
- Ipswich have never lost a competitive home game against Blackpool.
- Blackpool's midweek victory at Middlesbrough ended a run of five games away from home without a win in the Championship.
- Three of Ipswich's last four league games have ended goalless.
- Only two of Ipswich's last nine league games have produced a winner.
Leicester v Sheffield Wednesday
- The last three meetings between these two sides have seen the away side emerge victorious.
- Leicester have won only twice in their last seven home meetings with the Owls.
- The Foxes have conceded eight goals in their last two league matches.
- Sheffield Wednesday have failed to find the net in four successive league matches now.
Preston v Plymouth
- The away side have failed to find the net in six of the last eight matches played between these two sides.
- Preston are unbeaten in their last five home games against Plymouth, conceding only two goals in the process.
- Plymouth have lost their three league games 1-0.
- Preston have only managed one goal in their last five league games, courtesy of Ross Wallace.
- Reading v Scunthorpe
- Only one of the last six meetings between these two sides has been won by the home team.
- Reading have only ever suffered one home defeat against Scunthorpe United.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored in three of his last four appearances for Reading in the Championship.
- The Iron have not won in their last seven away games and have conceded 11 in their last four on the road.
- Sheffield United v Crystal Palace
- The Blades have only managed to win once in their last four home games against Palace.
- In fact, the home side have only been able to win two of the last nine meetings between Palace and Sheffield United.
- Sheffield United have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four league games.
- Darren Ambrose has scored in seven of his last eight matches in the Championship for the Eagles.
- Swansea v Nottingham Forest
- Four of the last five meetings between these two sides have ended level, three of them goalless.
- Forest have only won once in their last eight meetings with Swansea.
- Swansea have only tasted defeat in one of their last 14 league matches.
- Forest are the only remaining unbeaten side away from home in the Championship this term, but have drawn eight of their 10 away matches.
- Watford v Derby
- Derby have only collected one win from their last seven meetings with the Hornets.
- In the last six meetings between Derby and Watford, seven goals have arrived in the final 10 minutes of the match.
- Watford have won four successive home matches in the league, for the second time in 2009.
- Derby have only managed one goal in their last seven away games in the Championship.
- Middlesbrough v Cardiff
- Cardiff have won four of their last six meetings with Gordon Strachan's side, losing only once in this period.
- Only one of the last 13 matches between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Middlesbrough have lost five of their last seven league games at the Riverside, managing only one win in the process.
- Peter Whittingham has scored 11 goals in his last 11 league appearances for Cardiff City.
- West Brom v QPR
- West Brom have managed 12 goals in their last four meetings with QPR - an average of three a game.
- QPR have only managed to win once in their last seven visits to the Hawthorns.
- QPR have picked up only one point from their last four league matches.
- West Brom's home defeat to Cardiff in the week was their first league loss in seven matches.