Championship Opta Facts - December 26
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Cardiff v Plymouth
- Cardiff City have suffered only one defeat in their last eight meetings with Plymouth.
- Plymouth have lost on their last two trips to Cardiff by a score of 1-0.
- The Bluebirds have kept three consecutive clean sheets in the Championship.
- Chris Burke has scored in each of his last three league appearances for Cardiff.
- Plymouth have failed to score in five successive league matches.
Coventry v Doncaster
- There have only been three goals scored in the last four meetings between these two sides.
- Coventry have only suffered one defeat in their previous six home meetings with Doncaster Rovers.
- Freddy Eastwood has managed four goals in his last two league appearances for Coventry.
- The Sky Blues have only won once in their last seven home matches in the Championship.
- Billy Sharp has found the net in six consecutive league games for Doncaster.
Rovers have kept four clean sheets in as many league matches.
Crystal Palace v Ipswich
- Only two of the last 13 meetings between these teams have ended in a home win.
- Ipswich have lost just once in their last five meetings with the Eagles, winning three times.
- Darren Ambrose hit a brace for Palace in their 3-1 win at Ipswich Town earlier this season.
- Palace have only lost once in their last eight league games at home.
Ipswich are unbeaten in 10 league matches, but seven of those have ended level.
Derby v Blackpool
- Blackpool have only been able to win once in their last six visits to Derby.
- Only one of their last eight league meetings has ended in a draw - this coming earlier this season at Blackpool (0-0).
- There have only been three goals scored in total in the last three league matches involving Derby.
- Derby have managed only one first half goal in their last eight league games.
- Blackpool have collected only one victory in their last five league outings.
Leicester v Sheffield United
- The Foxes have only managed to win once in their last six meetings with Sheffield United.
- There have been 12 goals scored in the last three matches between United and the Foxes in Leicester.
- Leicester City have only failed to find the net once in their last 16 league matches.
- There have been 13 goals scored in the last three Championship games involving the Foxes.
- Sheffield United are unbeaten in seven league games.
- The Blades have conceded only once in their last four league matches.
Middlesbrough v Scunthorpe
- Middlesbrough have won three of their last four meetings with the Iron.
- Scunthorpe's last win at Middlesbrough came back in November 1961, losing on their three trips since then.
- Middlesbrough have won only once in the nine league games since Gareth Southgate was sacked as manager.
- The Teeside club have failed to find the net in three successive league fixtures.
- Scunthorpe have only managed five goals in their last eight league matches.
Preston v Barnsley
- Only two of the last 16 league encounters between these two sides have ended level.
- The home side has only won twice in the last six encounters between Preston and Barnsley.
- Preston have failed to find the net in five of their last seven encounters in the Championship.
- Alan Irvine's side have won just once in their last nine league games.
- The last three league games involving Barnsley have all ended level.
QPR v Bristol City
- The home side has not lost in any of the last nine encounters between these two teams.
- Bristol City have only scored three goals in their last 10 trips to Queens Park Rangers.
- QPR are without a win in their last six league games, picking up only three points during this period.
- Rangers' haven't managed to win any of their last five games at Loftus Road in the Championship.
- Bristol City have collected only one win in their last eight league matches.
Reading v Swansea
- The away side has failed to score in three consecutive encounters between these two teams.
- Swansea's last win at Reading came back in April 1985 - a run of 12 trips without a victory.
- Reading have found the net in eight successive league matches, after failing to score in seven of their previous 14.
- 10 of Reading's last 12 league goals have arrived in the second half.
- Swansea have lost only once in their last eight league games away from home.
Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle
- Newcastle have won their last three matches against the Owls, including an 8-0 win in September 1999.
- The Owls have won just once in their last eight meetings with Newcastle, but this did come at home.
- The Owls have lost five successive league games.
- Sheffield Wednesday have not scored in 617 minutes of league football.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in nine league games, conceding only four goals in the process.
Watford v Nottingham Forest
- The last three games between these two sides have witnessed 14 goals.
Forest have only lost once in their last five trips to Vicarage Road.
- Watford have lost four of their last five league games.
- The Hornets have won four of their last five in the league at Vicarage Road.
- Forest have conceded only six goals in their last 11 league games.
- Billy Davies' side are the only remaining unbeaten side away from home this season in all four divisions, avoiding defeat in 11 successive trips this term.
West Brom v Peterborough
- West Brom have won four and drawn one of their last five encounters with the Posh.
- Six of the last seven goals scored in meetings between these two sides have arrived in the first half.
- Simon Cox has scored five goals in his last five league appearances for West Brom.
- West Brom have suffered only one defeat in their last eight matches in the Championship.
- Peterborough have picked up only two points in their last seven league games away from home.