Championship Opta Facts - December 28
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough are unbeaten in their last four meetings with Barnsley, winning twice.
- Barnsley have won only two of their last seven home games against Gordon Strachan's side.
- The Tykes have lost only once in their last eight home games in the Championship.
- Dave Kitson has scored three goals in his three appearances for Middlesbrough away from home.
- 11 of the 13 goals that Middlesbrough have conceded away from home in the Championship have arrived in the second half.
Blackpool v Sheffield Wednesday
- Blackpool have won just once in their last six encounters with the Owls, losing four times.
- Only one of the last eight meetings between these sides at Blackpool has ended level.
- Blackpool have only lost once at home in the league this term, but this came in their last game at Bloomfield Road.
- Sheffield Wednesday have only won one game away from home in the Championship this season.
- The Owls have scored only two goals in total in their last seven league games away from home.
Bristol City v Watford
- Bristol City are unbeaten in their last five meetings with the Hornets.
- Six of the last nine meetings between these two at Ashton Gate have ended level.
- Watford have conceded 12 goals and scored only once in their last four league outings away from home.
- The Hornets have just one win from their last seven away matches in the Championship.
- Bristol City have won just once in their last six home games in the league, drawing on four occasions.
Doncaster v Leicester
- This will be the first meeting between these two sides since December 1956.
- The Foxes have won their last three meetings with Doncaster.
- Doncaster have only won once in their last 16 meetings with Leicester City.
- Billy Sharp has scored in five successive league home games for Doncaster.
- The Foxes have lost just once in their last seven league away trips, but this came in their last match away from home (5-1 v Nottingham Forest).
Ipswich v QPR
- Ipswich Town are unbeaten in their last seven meetings with QPR.
- Jon Stead scored three goals in total in his two league appearances against QPR last season.
- Ipswich have conceded only one goal in their last four home games in the Championship.
- Four of the last six league games at Portman Road have ended in a draw.
- QPR have won just one point in their last three away league matches.
Newcastle v Derby
- Newcastle are unbeaten in 10 successive home games against Derby County.
- The last six meetings between these two clubs have seen an average of three goals a game.
- Newcastle have only dropped four of a possible 33 points at home in the Championship this term, winning nine and drawing two.
- The Magpies have conceded only four goals at home all season, and have kept three successive clean sheets at St James' Park.
- Derby have scored just one goal in their last six league games away from home.
Nottingham Forest v Coventry
- Only two of the last eight meetings between these two clubs have seen the home side win.
- Coventry have suffered only one defeat in their last five meetings with Forest, winning three times.
- Forest have won six of their last seven league games at home, drawing the other.
- Billy Davies' side have conceded only three goals in their last seven Championship games at the City Ground.
- Coventry have only won once in their last six league away matches.
Peterborough v Cardiff
- Cardiff have only won once in their last 17 meetings with Peterborough, losing 12 times.
- The Posh have won seven of their last eight home games against Cardiff, drawing the other (in all competitions).
- 17 goals have been scored in the last five league matches at London Road; an average of 3.4 a game.
- George Boyd has scored four goals in his last five league appearances at home for the Posh.
- Peter Whittingham has scored seven goals in his last six league appearances away from home for the Bluebirds.
Plymouth v Reading
- Reading have scored exactly two goals in each of their last three meetings with Plymouth.
- Plymouth have won just once in their last six league games at home against the Royals.
- Plymouth have only won twice in 10 league games at Home Park this season.
- Paul Mariner's side have not scored a league goal at home in 199 minutes.
- 11 of the last 15 goals that Reading have conceded in the Championship away from home have come in the second half.
Scunthorpe v West Brom
- West Brom have won four of their previous five meetings with Scunthorpe, drawing the other.
- Scunthorpe have conceded eight goals in their last two matches against the Baggies.
- Nigel Adkins' side have lost just once in their last seven home games in the Championship.
- Scunthorpe have only scored two goals in their last three league matches at home.
- West Brom are unbeaten in five league games away from home, conceding only three goals in the process.
Sheffield United v Preston
- There have only been four goals scored in the last four meetings between these two sides.
- Preston have only won once in their last 12 meetings with Sheffield United.
- Preston have scored only one goal in their last four away games in the Championship.
- Sheffield United have not conceded a goal in any of their last three league games at home.
- Alan Irvine's side have won only one of their last six Championship away games.
Swansea v Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace have won three successive matches against the Swans.
- Swansea have lost only once in their eight matches at home against Palace, but this came in their last meeting (3-1 in 2008/09).
- There have only been three goals scored in the last three league games at the Liberty Stadium.
- The Swans have lost only once in 10 games at the Liberty Stadium, but this came in their last home game in the Championship (1-0 v Nottingham Forest).
- Palace have only won once in their last seven Championship away games.