Championship Opta facts - January 22-23rd
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Derby County v Nott'm Forest
- Derby have won four and drawn four of their last eight home meetings with Forest and were last beaten at home by their East Midlands rivals in Derby in 1994.
- Forest strikers Robert Earnshaw and Marcus Tudgay, who both used to play for Derby, each netted a brace in this season's reverse fixture (which Forest won 5-2).
- The Rams have won just one of their last eight league games, losing six of them.
- Forest have lost just one of their last 10 league games and are unbeaten in five.
Barnsley v Swansea City
- The Swans are unbeaten in nine against Barnsley, winning five and drawing four.
- Barnsley haven't beaten Swansea at Oakwell since 1983, although two of the last three meetings in South Yorkshire have ended in draws.
- The Tykes have won just one of their last five in the league, losing three and drawing one.
- The Swans have lost their last three league away games, scoring just once in total.
Cardiff City v Watford
- Each of the last nine clashes between these sides has produced at least three goals.
- Bluebirds' midfielder Peter Whittingham has netted four times in his last three meetings with the Hornets.
- Cardiff have kept one clean sheet in their last 13 games in the Championship.
- Watford have won just won seven consecutive games in all competitions for the first time since 2000. If they win in Cardiff, they will win eight straight games for the first time since 1903/4.
- Hornets striker Danny Graham has scored in each of his last seven league games; the last player to achieve this feat for Watford was Frank McPherson in 1929.
Crystal Palace v Bristol City
- The Robins have won three of the last four meetings with Palace, each by a scoreline of 1-0.
- Palace have won four of the last five regular league clashes between the sides at Selhurst Park, although they were defeated at home by the Robins in the 2008 Championship playoffs.
- Palace have kept four straight clean sheets at Selhurst Park in the league.
- The Robins have lost three and drawn one of their last four league away games.
Ipswich v Doncaster
- Doncaster are unbeaten in six against Ipswich and were last beaten by the Tractor Boys in 1957.
- Ipswich have won two and drawn one of the four previous meetings between the sides in Suffolk.
- Town have taken just four points from their last 10 games; fewer than any other side.
- Donny have only won one of their last six away games in the Championship.
Leicester v Millwall
- Three of the last four clashes between these sides have been won 1-0 by the away side.
- The Foxes have won five of the last seven meetings between these sides in the East Midlands, drawing one and losing the other.
- The Foxes are unbeaten in nine at the Walkers Stadium, winning six and drawing three.
- Millwall have drawn their last four away games in the Championship.
Middlesbrough v Preston
- Boro have won three and drawn one of their last four meetings with North End in all competitions.
- The Lilywhites last won at Middlesbrough in the league in 1971.
- Boro have netted four goals in their last four home league games combined, the same amount they netted in their last away game at Bristol City.
- Preston have won just one of their last 12 league games.
Portsmouth v Leeds
- Pompey have won their last three meetings with Leeds at Fratton Park. Their last defeat was a 5-1 hammering in the 1999 FA Cup.
- Leeds defender Andy O'Brien scored two own goals in this season's reverse fixture, as Portsmouth came from 1-3 down to draw 3-3.
- Portsmouth have lost their last three league games, conceding eight goals in the process.
- Leeds have now won only one of their last five league games, drawing three of them.
Reading v Hull
- Four of the last six meetings between these sides have ended 1-1, with Reading winning the other two.
- The Tigers have scored exactly one goal in each of their last six meetings with the Royals.
- Reading have only lost one of their last 11 league games.
- Hull are unbeaten in eight league games away from the KC Stadium.
Sheff Utd v Norwich
- The last six meetings between these sides have all ended in a home win.
- Canaries midfielder Wes Hoolahan netted a hat-trick in this season's reverse fixture, including a brace of penalties.
- The Blades have only lost one of their last four league games at Bramall Lane, drawing one and winning two.
- Canaries striker Grant Holt has netted three times in his last two Championship away games.
Scunthorpe v Burnley
- Each of the last three clashes between the sides has ended in a 2-0 scoreline
- The Iron have scored exactly two goals in three of their last four meetings with Burnley.
- Scunthorpe have the worst home record in the Championship, taking just five points from their 11 games at Glanford park.
- Eddie Howe's side kept their first clean sheet in 13 in a 0-0 draw at home to QPR last weekend.
QPR v Coventry
- QPR have won none of their last five meetings with the Sky Blues at Loftus Road, losing three and drawing two of them.
- The R's last three victories over Coventry have all come away from home.
- QPR midfielder Adel Taaarbt has scored eight goals in his last seven home league games.
- Coventry have now not won for seven games in the league.