Championship Opta Facts – Nov 29
Charlton v Ipswich
- The Addicks are without a clean sheet in nine games against Ipswich Town.
- The Tractor Boys are unbeaten in three versus Charlton Athletic (W2 D1).
- Five of the last seven goals recorded by Ipswich Town on the road have been scored by Daryl Murphy.
- Charlton Athletic are unbeaten in 10 home games (W5 D5); their longest run since registering an 18 match streak at the Valley, which ended in February 2012.
- Ipswich Town have scored at least once in their last 14 games (W7 D6 L1).
Birmingham v Nottingham Forest
- Birmingham City have managed just one win in their last five attempts against Nottingham Forest (D2 L2).
- Having previously won six straight matches at St Andrews; Forest have since won only once in five attempts there (D2 L2).
- Clayton Donaldson (Birmingham City) has scored Birmingham City's last three goals.
- The Blues are unbeaten in four games (W2 D2).
- 35% of the goals conceded by Forest have come between the 16-30 minute mark; a league-high share.
- Birmingham City have scored the highest proportion of goals in the first half of Championship games this season (60%).
Bolton v Huddersfield
- Bolton Wanderers have kept a clean sheet in five of their last seven at home to the Terriers; losing just once in that time (W5 D1).
- Huddersfield Town have recorded two wins in their last 14 matches against Bolton Wanderers (D3 L9).
- Lee Chung-Yong has been involved in three of the last four goals recorded by Bolton (two goals and an assist).
- Bolton have lost just one of their last five matches (W3 D1).
- The Terriers have managed one clean sheet in their last 14 matches away from home.
Bournemouth v Millwall
- Bournemouth have won three successive home matches against Millwall; they have never managed four in a row against them on their own patch.
- Millwall have registered just one clean sheet in their last 12 matches away at Bournemouth.
- Matt Ritchie has assisted more goals than any other player in the Championship this season (eight in 18 apps).
- Millwall have won just one of their last 13 Championship games (W1 D6 L6).
Brentford v Wolves
- The Bees have failed to score a single goal in four of their last five encounters with Wolves.
- Wolves have not tasted defeat in three visits to Griffin Park, keeping a clean sheet in the last two games played there (W2 D1).
- Brentford have conceded a league-high eight goals from outside the box in open play in the Championship this season.
- The Bees are on the longest current run of victories in the Championship; having won their last four league games in succession.
Brighton v Fulham
- The Seagulls have lost only one of the last four matches played against Fulham; keeping a clean sheet in the other three games (W2 D1).
- Fulham have failed to score in three of their last four games away at Brighton and Hove Albion.
- The Whites have conceded a league-high number of goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches (6) and final 15 minutes of games (11).
- New Brighton loan signing Darren Bent has scored just one goal in his last 18 competitive appearances at club level.
- Bent has not played a game in the second tier of English football since May 2005.
Leeds v Derby
- The Yorkshire club are currently on a five game winless streak at home to the Rams (D1 L4).
- Derby County are unbeaten in 11 matches against Leeds United; not conceding more than one goal in a single game during this run (W9 D2).
- Leeds are the only side yet to score a headed goal in the Championship this season.
- Derby have scored the most goals in the final 15 minute period of both halves - eight in the 31-45 minute period and 12 in the 76-90 minute period.
- No side have picked up more points from Championship away games this season than Derby County (17).
Middlesbrough v Blackburn
- Boro failed to score in either of their matches against Blackburn Rovers last season (D1 L1).
- Blackburn Rovers have failed to win any of their last three trips to the Riverside Stadium; failing to score in all of those games (D2 L1).
- Middlesbrough have netted a league-high five penalties this season in the Championship.
- No side have collected more points in their last six games than Blackburn Rovers (14 - level with Bournemouth).
Norwich v Reading
- The Canaries are unbeaten in four games versus Reading (W2 D2).
- Reading have scored at least once in 18 of the last 19 games played in Norwich on a Saturday.
- The Royals have conceded a league-high nine goals from headers in the Championship this season.
- Norwich have scored seven goals from outside the box in open play this season in the Championship; a league-high.
Rotherham v Blackpool
- The Millers have recorded four straight clean sheets against Blackpool (W3 D1).
- Blackpool have lost three of their last four away at Rotherham United (W1).
- Blackpool are yet to score a goal in the final 15 minutes of a Championship game so far this season; the only side yet to do so.
- Rotherham have not scored a single goal in any of their last four Championship games and are currently on a run of 402 minutes without a league goal.
Sheffield Wednesday v Wigan
- The Owls have played Wigan Athletic twice previously in league competition; they did not score in either game.
- Wigan Athletic have won three successive matches against Sheffield Wednesday in all competitions.
- No Football League team (excl. PL) has scored fewer goals this season in the league than Sheffield Wednesday (12 - level with Blackpool).
- However, only Plymouth (10) have kept more clean sheets in the Football League than Wednesday in 2014-15 (9).
- Nine of the last 13 Championship matches that Malky Mackay has managed have ended in a draw.
Watford v Cardiff
- The Hornets have registered just one win in their last 11 games played against the Welsh club (D5 L5).
- Cardiff City have won only one of their last 13 matches at Vicarage Road (D8 L4).
- Watford are looking to avoid a run of four successive defeats for the second time in 2014 (lost four in a row back in April/May).
- The Welsh side have kept only one clean sheet in their last 15 Championship matches.
- In fact, Cardiff have kept a league-low two clean sheets in the Championship this season.