Championship Opta Facts - October 19
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.Champions League - MD 2
Bristol City v Reading
- Reading are unbeaten on their last three trips to Ashton Gate, scoring eight goals in the process.
- Only two of the last 14 games between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Bristol City have won fewer games than any other side in the league (1) and this victory came away from Ashton Gate.
- Reading have been defeated just twice in their last 10 league games, but one of these losses came in their last game.
Burnley v Barnsley
- Barnsley have won each of their last three games against Burnley, all by a one goal margin.
- Six of the last eight meetings between these two teams have seen at least three goals scored.
- Burnley have collected 13 of a possible 15 points in the league at Turf Moor so far this season.
- Barnsley have not won any of their five away games this season in the Championship; picking up just two points.
Coventry v Cardiff
- Cardiff have won their last four meetings with Coventry City.
- Peter Whittingham scored from the penalty spot in both of their league meetings last season.
- Five of the last six league games involving Coventry City have ended in a 2-1 scoreline.
- Cardiff have dropped just two points in their last four league games.
Doncaster v Derby
- Doncaster have won their last four league meetings against Derby County.
- Billy Sharp scored in both of his league appearances against the Rams last term.
- Doncaster Rovers have won just once in their last five league games.
- Derby have picked up just two points in their last four league matches away from home.
Hull v Sheffield United
- Hull have won just once in their last 15 meetings with the Blades.
- Only one of the last eight games between Hull and Sheffield United have seen the away side win.
- Hull's 11 league matches have seen only 22 goals scored so far this season; a league-low.
- Sheffield United have won only two points in their last four games in the Championship.
Leeds United v Leicester
- Leeds have won just once in their last nine games against the Foxes.
- Leicester City have already won at Elland Road this season - they were 2-1 victors in a League Cup tie.
- The Foxes have won just one point in their five away games in the Championship so far.
- Leeds have only failed to score in one of their 11 league games this season.
Millwall v Portsmouth
- Portsmouth have won their last three games against Millwall, keeping a clean sheet in each.
- Five of the last seven meetings between these two sides at Millwall have ended in a draw.
- Pompey have only been able to pick up a draw in their five away games in the Championship so far this term; losing the other four.
- Millwall haven't won any of their last three league games at home, picking up two points in the process.
Norwich v Crystal Palace
- Norwich City have won just once in their last 11 meetings with the Eagles.
- Only 17 of the previous 104 meetings between these two sides have ended level.
- Palace have won just one point in their five away games in the Championship so far.
- The Canaries have kept a clean sheet in three of their last five league matches.
Nottingham Forest v Middlesbrough
- Six of the last nine league meetings between these two sides have ended level.
- Middlesbrough have won only one of their last 31 games against Nottingham Forest.
- Gordon Strachan's side have won just one point in their five away games in the Championship so far.
- Nottingham Forest have drawn a league-high seven games in the Championship so far this term.
Preston v Scunthorpe
- Six of the last seven games between these two sides have been won by the home team.
- John Parkin scored in both of his appearances against Scunthorpe for Preston last season.
- Only Bristol City (1) have won fewer points at home that Preston (4) this season.
- Scunthorpe have won only once in their last seven league games, and are winless in their last five.
Swansea v QPR
- The away side have scored just once in the last six meetings between Swansea and QPR.
- Swansea have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three home games against the Hoops.
- QPR remain undefeated after 11 league games this season and are the only Championship side yet to lose.
- Swansea striker Scott Sinclair has scored in five successive appearances, hitting seven goals in this period.
Watford v Ipswich
- Watford are unbeaten in their last 11 games against Ipswich, securing eight wins.
- The Suffolk side have netted only five goals in their last nine meetings with the Hornets.
- The Hornets have scored in seven successive league games.
- Ipswich have won only one of their last four games in the Championship.