Championship Opta Facts - October 30-31
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Cardiff v Norwich
- Only one of the last 11 meetings between these two sides has ended level.
- Norwich have netted exactly two goals in their last three meetings with Cardiff City.
- Cardiff City have dropped just two points in their last six league games.
- The Canaries have kept three clean sheets in their last four league games.
Crystal Palace v Swansea
- There was just one goal scored between these two teams last season.
- Swansea have won just once in their last five games against the Eagles, but this came in their last meeting.
- Palace have won only one of their last seven league games.
- Scott Sinclair has netted 10 goals in his last 10 appearances for the Swans.
Derby v Watford
- Derby won both Championship meetings against Watford last term, with Chris Porter finding the net both home and away.
- Watford have won only once in their last nine trips to Derby County.
- Derby have won their last three home games in the league, scoring 11 goals and conceding just once.
- Watford have won 13 of a possible 18 points on the road in the Championship so far this term.
Ipswich v Millwall
- Ipswich have defeated Millwall this season already; with a 2-1 victory at the New Den in the League Cup.
- Millwall have defeated Ipswich only once in their last seven trips to Portman Road.
- Ipswich have lost three successive league games, conceding exactly two goals on each occasion.
- The last five league games involving the Lions have seen only six goals scored.
Leicester v Preston
- Preston have won three of their last four games against the Foxes.
- Leicester have lost five successive home games against Preston North End in all competitions.
- The Foxes haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last 11 league games.
- The last five league games involving Preston have witnessed an average of 5.4 goals.
Middlesbrough v Bristol City
- Three of the last five matches between Middlesbrough and Bristol City in all competitions have ended in a draw.
- At least three goals have been netted in five of the last six matches between these two teams.
- Middlesbrough have won just one point from their last six league games, fewer than any other side over the same period.
- City have won just five points from their six away games in the league this season so far.
Portsmouth v Nottingham Forest
- Portsmouth have won their last five successive matches against Forest.
- Only four of the previous 37 meetings between Pompey and Nottingham Forest have ended in a draw.
- No side have won more points from their last six league games than Portsmouth (16).
- Lewis McGugan has scored seven goals in his last eight appearances for Forest and has netted in three successive games now.
QPR v Burnley
- Burnley are unbeaten in their last five games against QPR, winning four of these.
- Just one of the last 23 league meetings between these two sides has ended in a draw.
- QPR have drawn four of their last five league games, three of these ended 0-0.
- Burnley conceded four goals in their last league game, as many as they had conceded in their previous six put together.
- The Clarets are one of three sides yet to win on the road this season.
Reading v Doncaster
- Reading have won six of their last seven games against Doncaster, drawing the other 0-0.
- Doncaster have scored only two goals in their last seven games against the Royals.
- Doncaster have won just one of their last five away games in the Championship.
- The Royals have conceded just three goals in their last six league matches.
Scunthorpe v Leeds United
- Leeds have won five and drawn one of their last six games against the Iron in all competitions.
- Scunthorpe's last league win against Leeds came back in February 1962, a run of six games without a victory.
- The Iron have won two successive league games for the first time since March.
- Leeds have the opportunity to win back to back away games in the league for the first time since April.
Sheffield United v Coventry
- Only one of the last nine matches between these two have ended level.
- The Blades are unbeaten in their last seven games against Coventry at home.
- Sheffield United have won just one of their last six league matches.
- Gary McSheffrey has scored in three of his last four appearances for Coventry in the Championship.
Barnsley v Hull
- The winning side has netted exactly three goals in the last four meetings between these two teams.
- Barnsley have won just two of their last nine home games against the Tigers.
- The Tykes have failed to score in four of their last six league games.
- No side has scored fewer goals in the Championship than Hull so far this term (9).