Championship Opta Facts | 3 May
Barnsley v QPR
- Barnsley have failed to score in each of their last four league encounters with QPR.
- QPR have won their last five against the Tykes in league competition, they've never won six in a row against them.
- QPR have scored eight goals in the 90th minute this season; more than any other Championship side. In contrast, Barnsley have yet to register in the 90th minute this term.
- Should Charlie Austin score this weekend it will be his 100th goal in professional football.
- The Tykes have lost their last three Championship fixtures, conceding six goals in the process.
- Barnsley have scored a league-low four headed goals this campaign.
Blackburn v Wigan
- Blackburn are winless in four against Wigan in the league, losing three (D1).
- Wigan have netted in each of their last seven league clashes with Blackburn Rovers, winning three (D2 L2).
- Blackburn Rovers have scored a joint-league-high 21 headed goals this term (level with Nottingham Forest).
- Rovers have conceded 10 goals from the penalty spot this season; more than any other Championship team.
- Blackburn are unbeaten in their last 11, winning five (D6); the longest current run in the division.
- Wigan have kept just one clean sheet in their last seven away league fixtures; though this arrived in the most recent match against Birmingham.
Blackpool v Charlton
- Blackpool are winless in four against Charlton in the league, losing twice (D2).
- Charlton have won three of their last five away league matches (L2), this after winning none of the previous 10.
- Charlton have scored a league-low 13 first half goals.
- The Tangerines have lost each of their last three games on home soil, conceding six in the process.
- Johnnie Jackson has been directly involved in 10 goals this season (5 goals, 5 assists); more than any other Charlton player.
Bolton v Birmingham
- Bolton have gone six games unbeaten at home to Birmingham in the league, winning four (D2).
- Birmingham have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last eight against Bolton in league competition.
- No player has scored more braces in the Championship this term than Federico Macheda (5 - 4 for Birmingham & 1 for Doncaster).
- Bolton have scored 61% of their goals in the first half this season; a league-high share.
- The Blues have conceded a league-high 37 first half goals in 2013/14.
Ipswich v Sheff Wed
- Ipswich are winless in three at home to the Owls in league competition, drawing twice (L1).
- Sheffield Wednesday have lost just once in their last seven matches against Ipswich in the league (W1 D5).
- Only Champions Leicester City (43) have scored more league goals in 2014 than Sheffield Wednesday (39).
- Ipswich are unbeaten in four at home in league competition, winning twice (D2).
- The Tractor Boys have scored 13 goals from corners this season; more than any other side.
Leeds v Derby
- Leeds have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last five at home to Derby (W1 L4).
- Derby have won their last nine matches against Leeds in league competition.
- Derby have scored a league-high 20 goals in the final 15 minutes this season.
- The Rams have recovered 22 points from losing positions this term; more than any other club.
- Ross McCormack has been directly involved in 35 league goals this campaign (28 goals, 7 assists); four more than any other Championship player.
Leicester v Doncaster
- Leicester have gone 13 games unbeaten at home to Doncaster in league competition, winning 12.
- Doncaster have picked up just 13 points from away matches this season; a league-low.
- If Leicester can pick up at least one point from this fixture they will be the first Championship side to win 100+ points since Newcastle in 2009/10 (102 points).
- The Foxes have scored in each of their last 30 league games; the longest run of the season.
- Doncaster have scored just three times in the opening 15 minutes this season; a league-low.
- Indeed, Donny have conceded a league-high 24 goals in the final 15 minutes.
Millwall v Bournemouth
- Millwall have won three of their last four home league encounters with Bournemouth (L1).
- The Cherries have won their last two league clashes with the Lions; they've not won three in a row since 1998.
- Millwall have shipped a league-high 20 headed goals this season.
- The Cherries have scored 10 goals from the penalty spot in 2013/14; a league-high.
- Lewis Grabban has scored 13 league goals in 2014; more than any other Championship player.
Nottm Forest v Brighton
- Forest have gone four league games unbeaten against Brighton, drawing three (W1).
- Brighton are winless in four against Nottm Forest at the City Ground, drawing three (L1).
- 36% of Brighton's goals have arrived in the final 15 minutes; a league-high proportion.
- Brighton have kept 20 shutouts this season; more than any other Championship outfit.
- The Seagulls have gone seven league games unbeaten, winning three (D4).
Reading v Burnley
- Reading have won four of their last five league encounters with Burnley, though they lost the reverse fixture this season.
- Burnley have gone 14 league games without a win away to Reading, losing eight (D6).
- Tom Heaton has kept 19 clean sheets this season; more than any other Championship goalkeeper.
- Danny Ings has gone six games without a goal, his longest drought of the season.
- The Royals have scored seven goals from free-kick situations this term; no side has netted more.
Watford v Huddersfield
- Watford have won their last three against Huddersfield in league competition; their longest winning streak against the Terriers.
- Huddersfield have won only once in their last 12 matches, losing seven (D4).
- Troy Deeney has scored seven goals in his last nine appearances for Watford. Indeed, only Lewis Grabban (13) has bagged more goals in 2014 than Deeney (12).
- Watford have scored 17 goals from outside the area in open play this season; more than any other team.
- Huddersfield have gone 10 games without keeping a clean sheet; only Birmingham (16) are on a longer run without a shutout.
Yeovil v Middlesbrough
- Yeovil have gone five league games without a win in the Championship, losing three (D2).
- Middlesbrough have won both previous competitive meetings with Yeovil, scoring nine in the process.
- No Championship side has conceded fewer league goals in 2014 than Middlesbrough (18).
- Yeovil have gone five league games without a win, losing three (D2).
- The Glovers have dropped 31 points from leading positions this campaign; a league-high.
- Indeed, Yeovil (3) have also recovered the fewest points from losing positions in 2013/14.