Championship Opta football betting facts & statistics: 25-26 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackpool v Nottingham Forest
- Four of the last five clashes between Blackpool and Forest have ended with the honours even.
- However, the Reds did win on their last trip to Bloomfield Road - 2-0 in League One in 2006.
- The Seasiders have lost just once in eight league fixtures, drawing their last two 2-2.
- However, the side from the North-West have taken all three points on only one occasion in eight at home in the league, losing five – if only home games counted Blackpool would be second-bottom.
- Billy Davies’ men are unbeaten in four Championship matches, notching up two wins in this period.
Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday
- The Owls have lost three of their last four clashes with the Robins, finding the back of the net just once in the last three.
- City have taken just six points from a possible 27 in the league since March.
- At home the Robins are unbeaten since Christmas, but have drawn their last three at Ashford Gate 1-1.
- City have taken fewer points from their last six Championship games than any other side in the competition – just three.
- Wednesday have kept only one clean sheet in 12 matches on the road in the Championship.
- Nine of the Robins’ last 10 strikes in the league have come in the second half.
Cardiff v Ipswich
- Despite 10 wins in 34 meetings in all competitions, City have never beaten Ipswich by a margin of more than one goal.
- The Tractor Boys have lost three of their last six matches with the Welsh side, drawing twice.
- On only one occasion have both sides failed to score in this fixture, and the last six have all seen the net bulge at least once before halftime.
- The Tractor Boys have managed only one win in five on the road in the Championship.
- Each of Cardiff’s last 10 league matches have seen a goal scored in the last five minutes.
- Only one side (Burnley, 19 goals) has found the net more often in the final 15 minutes of Championship matches than Cardiff this season – 16. On the other hand, only Doncaster (four) have scored fewer in this period than Ipswich (five).
Coventry v Watford
- The Hornets have won their last four meetings with City on the trot.
- Their last sixteen clashes at Coventry have seen the points shared on only one occasion.
- Watford have managed just one win in eight in the league.
- Five of the last ten goals the North London side have conceded have come in the 85th minute and later.
- Only Bristol City (three) have taken fewer points from their last six Championship matches than Coventry (four).
Barnsley v Wolves
- The side playing at home has won seven of the last eight meetings between these two teams.
- Barnsley have not beaten Wolves by a margin of more than one goal since 1994, despite 19 meetings in the meantime.
- After something of a post-Christmas slump, Wolves have won seven of their last nine games to claim promotion to the Premier League.
- Their opponents, Barnsley, are without a win in seven in the league, although they have drawn five.
- Mick McCarthy’s men have returned home with all three points on their three trips to Yorkshire so far in the Championship this season.
- On the other hand, the Tykes have taken just seven points from nine games against teams from the Midlands.
Derby v Charlton
- Derby have not beaten Charlton in six attempts, losing three times.
- The Addicks have only once returned home from Derby with all three points in seven trips.
- County have lost their last three league matches on the bounce, and have won just once in nine.
- Five of already-relegated Charlton’s last six league games have ended in stalemate, with the Londoners winning the other.
- Charlton have drawn their last two league games 2-2 after going two goals ahead.
Southampton v Burnley
- Only three goals have been scored in total in Burnley’s last three trips (all in the Championship) to St Mary’s – one 1-0 win to the Clarets and two draws.
- Eight of Burnley’s last nine goals against Southampton have come in the first 45 minutes.
- The Saints have managed just one league win in nine in the Championship.
- However, they have only lost one in six at home in the competition.
- Despite going behind in 21 matches in the league this season, Owen Coyle’s side have come back to claim all three points on seven occasions – a Championship record this season.
- Moreover, at home, no side has dropped more points after taking the lead in the Championship than the Saints this season.
Doncaster v Crystal Palace
- Rovers have lost every single one of their five league clashes with Palace.
- Doncaster have drawn just once in 24 league matches since November last year.
- The Yorkshire side have lost their last four matches at Keepmoat, scoring just one goal.
- Palace have lost two of their three trips to Yorkshire in the league this season, drawing the other.
- Neil Warnock’s men have kept only one clean sheet in 14 league road trips, losing five of their last seven.
- Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium has seen fewer goals than any other Championship ground this season – just 30.
QPR v Plymouth
- The Pilgrims are unbeaten in eight against Rangers, winning half of these games.
- The visiting side has opened the scoring in the last five matches between the two, finding the net in all but two of the 19 meetings since 1957.
- Rangers have failed to score in seven of their last 10 in the league, though netted three in their last match at Loftus Road against Sheffield Wednesday.
- Plymouth have scored just four goals in their last 13 Championship away ties.
- Rangers and Argyle are two of only five sides to have scored more second-half goals than first-half in the Championship this season.
Sheffield United v Swansea
- Three of the last eight meetings in all competitions ended in draws – the other five were won by a margin of three goals or more.
- The home side have not lost in the last eight occasions that these two sides have met.
- Following a run of five straight league wins in the Championship, Kevin Blackwell’s men have drawn and lost their last two.
- However, no side in the competition has picked up more points from their last six home league games than the Blades.
- United have not lost after taking the lead this season, winning 20 of the 22 games in which they have gone ahead – proportionally a league high.
- Jason Scotland, who scored in the meeting with the Blades earlier this season, has scored or assisted eight of Swansea’s last 12 league goals.
Birmingham v Preston
- Preston have won six of the last seven meetings in all competitions between the sides – four of them by a score of 1-0.
- City are unbeaten in nine matches in the Championship, winning five.
- Alex McLeish’s outfit have conceded just three goals in this period, keeping six clean sheets.
- Only today’s opponents, Preston, have taken more points at home (48) than City (47).
- Their 2-0 win over Doncaster was the Lilywhites’ first away victory since their trip to Molineux to face Wolves in January.
- Preston have rescued more points from losing positions (25) this season than any other side in the Championship.
Norwich v Reading
- Reading have taken all three points in their last three meetings with Norwich, keeping a clean sheet each time.
- City have only once claimed victory the last six times they have hosted the Royals, losing two of the last three 1-0.
- At home, the Canaries have won three of their last four in the league, conceding only once in the process.
- Reading’s 2-0 win over Derby on Tuesday ended a five-match winless run in the Championship.
- Steve Coppell’s side are unbeaten in eight on the road in the Championship – their last defeat away from home came at Swansea in January.
- Norwich have scored 74% of their goals this season in the second half of matches, more than any other side in the Championship, only Blackpool (75%) have conceded a higher proportion of their goals after half-time than Reading – 66%.