Championship Opta Stats - 26-27 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackpool v Peterborough
- These two sides last met in 2004/05 in League One, only one goal was scored in the two league games they played that season.
- Peterborough have won on their last two visits to Bloomfield Road, 1-0 and 4-1.
- The Tangerines are unbeaten at home in six league games, winning two and drawing four.
- Newly-promoted Peterborough are yet to win on the road this season, claiming two points from four games.
- Blackpool have suffered only one defeat in the league this season to date.
- Ian Holloway's side have conceded only two goals in their four league home games so far this term.
Coventry v Middlesbrough
- Coventry have beaten Boro just once in nine games in all competitions, back in 2000.
- These two have not met in the second tier of English League football since 1966, in their six meetings at this level Boro have never won.
- Coventry have not managed to keep a clean sheet in six home games in the league.
- Boro have already won more away games this season (3) than they managed in the Premier League last term (2).
- Coventry have won just once in their last six league matches.
Derby County v Bristol City
- The Robins have not beaten Derby since 1992, since when the sides have met seven times.
- There has never been a 0-0 draw beaten these teams in 24 league meetings at Derby.
- Bristol have not won away from home yet in the league, drawing three and losing one.
- Nicky Maynard has scored five of Bristol City's last six goals in the Championship.
- City are yet to score in the first half of a league game this season - all eight of their goals have come after the break.
- Derby have lost four successive league matches.
Ipswich Town v Newcastle United
- Ipswich have lost two of their last three home games against Newcastle, failing to score in both.
- There has not been a goalless draw between these two since 1971, since when they have met 34 times in all competitions.
- Ipswich are yet to win at home this season, and have not scored more than once in these four games.
- Newcastle have kept two clean sheets in their last three away games in the league.
- Roy Keane's Ipswich are one of only two sides yet to win in the Championship this season.
Leicester v Preston North End
- Preston have won their last two games against Leicester, including a 2-1 comeback win in the League Cup last month.
- Preston have won their last four away games at Leicester in all competitions.
- The last goalless draw between these two sides in Leicester was in 1934.
- The Foxes have won three of their four home games in the league this season drawing the other.
- Matty Fyratt has scored seven of Leicester's last eight league goals.
QPR v Barnsley
- The away side in this fixture has scored only two goals in their last six meetings.
- In the last 12 meetings between QPR and Barnsley, the home side have won 10 times, with the other two matches ending level.
- Barnsley have not won at QPR's ground since 1950 - travelling there 20 times since.
- The last eight goals in this fixture have arrived in the first half.
- Barnsley have only been able to score in three of their eight league games so far this season.
- QPR have only tasted defeat in one of their seven league matches this term.
Reading v Watford
- Four of the last six meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- There were eight goals scored in the two meetings between Reading and Watford last season.
- Watford are one of only two sides in the league (the other being West Brom) to have remained unbeaten in their last six games.
- Reading have found the net in only three of their home league games this season.
- The Royals have failed to win any of their last 13 league matches at home, including their play off semi-final defeat to Burnley.
Scunthorpe v Doncaster Rovers
- Scunthorpe have won only once in their last six meetings with Doncaster Rovers.
- Doncaster have been defeated in only one of their last nine visits to Scunthorpe.
- Five of Doncaster's eight league games this season have ended in a draw - more than any other side in the league.
- Scunthorpe are unbeaten in four competitive games, winning three.
- Gary Hooper has scored four goals in Scunthorpe's four league games at home so far this term.
Sheffield Wednesday v Cardiff City
- The home side has won the last four encounters between these two sides, keeping a clean sheet each time.
- Cardiff City have failed to score in their last three visits to Sheffield Wednesday.
- Only one of their last 12 meetings have ended in a draw.
- Cardiff have scored only one goal in their last four league games.
- Dave Jones' side have lost three of their last four matches in the Championship.
Swansea v Sheffield United
- Sheffield United have won only twice in their last eight meetings with Swansea City.
- A penalty has been scored in each of the last three meetings between these two sides.
- Swansea have only been able to score three goals in the league so far this term -no other side has managed fewer than six.
- United have only lost one of their eight league games so far this term.
- Swansea have not found the net in any of their last three league games, the last two of which have ended goalless.
West Bromwich Albion v Crystal Palace
- The last two meetings between these sides have ended 1-1.
- The home side have not been able to win this fixture in five attempts.
- Palace have won only once in their last nine visits to the Hawthorns.
- All six of Crystal Palace's league goals so far this season have come in the second half.
- West Brom have scored a league-high 20 goals so far this term, five more than any other side.
Plymouth v Nottingham Forest
- The home side has won four of the last five encounters between these two sides.
- Plymouth have won three of their last four matches against Forest.
- Plymouth have conceded a league-high 17 goals in the Championship so far this term.
- Forest have drawn all four of their away games in the Championship so far this season.
- Paul Sturrock's side are the only team in the league not to have gained a point from their last five games, having lost six in a row.