Championship Opta Stats - 29 - 31 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Reading
- Reading have scored just one goal in their last three visits to Oakwell in all competitions.
- Neither side has managed to win a league match yet this season.
- Reading have scored fewer goals than any other Championship side this season (one).
- Barnsley have failed to score in their last three league matches.
Blackpool v Coventry City
- Blackpool have drawn all four of their league matches so far this season.
- Coventry have scored only one goal in five visits to Blackpool.
- Blackpool have not lost at home to Coventry City since March 1923.
- The Seasiders have won six of their last seven matches at home to the Sky Blues.
- Coventry have conceded only two goals so far this term, only Newcastle (one) and Middlesbrough (none) have conceded fewer.
Bristol City v Middlesbrough
- Bristol City have gone a league-high 13 Championship matches without defeat at home.
- Middlesbrough are unbeaten in their last five trips to Ashton Gate.
- City have conceded at least two goals in each of their last four meetings with ‘Boro.
- Middlesbrough have lost just once in their last ten meetings with the Robins.
- ‘Boro are yet to concede a goal in the league so far this season – the only team to manage this.
Doncaster Rovers v Cardiff City
- Cardiff City have scored more goals than any other side in the league (11) and boast the Championship’s top goalscorer in Michael Chopra (seven).
- The last four meetings between these two sides at Doncaster have ended in a draw.
- The Vikings’ two home matches this season have both ended in draws.
- Doncaster’s last home win over Cardiff came back in September 1952 – a run of 10 games without victory.
Ipswich Town v Preston North End
- Preston have scored in eight consecutive league matches (not including play-offs) – a longer run than any other team.
- North End are yet to concede a first half goal in the Championship this season.
- Ipswich have won only once in their last nine meetings with Preston.
- The last five victories in this meeting have all been by one goal.
- Having won three of their last four matches at the end of 2008/09, this season the Tractor Boys have lost three of their first four.
Nottingham Forest v Derby County
- Derby boast the deadliest backline in front of goal, scoring a league-high three goals courtesy of defenders.
- The Rams have lost three of their last four away games in the league.
- Nottingham Forest have lost their last two home games against Derby, and have not managed a win in four against the Rams at the City Ground.
- Derby are unbeaten in their last eight competitive meetings with Forest.
Plymouth Argyle v Sheffield Wednesday
- Plymouth have gone eight games without a league win – the longest period in the Championship.
- The Owls have scored a league high four goals from headers, whilst Plymouth have conceded a league-high three headed goals.
- Plymouth won home and away against the Owls last season, keeping a clean sheet in both matches.
- Argyle have found the net in ten consecutive home matches against Sheffield Wednesday.
Scunthorpe v QPR
- It has been 29 games since Scunthorpe last drew a league match 0-0.
- QPR have not managed an away win in the league in 10 attempts – a league-high.
- The Iron have conceded a league-high 12 Championship goals this term so far, and have failed to score in their last three.
- QPR have scored exactly two goals in each of their last three visits to Scunthorpe, winning twice.
- Scunthorpe have lost seven of their previous nine competitive games with QPR.
Sheffield United v West Bromwich Albion
- United have scored a league-high three goals from outside the box in open play.
- There have been 19 goals scored in the last six meetings between these two sides at Bramall Lane.
- West Brom have won their last three competitive away matches.
- Sheffield United have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four matches against West Brom.
Swansea City v Watford
- Watford have not kept a clean sheet in 11 league matches – longer than any other Championship side.
- Alongside Cardiff, Watford have scored a league-high three goals in the closing 15 minutes of matches this season.
- Swansea have conceded a league-high three goals to opposing substitutes so far this season.
- Watford have won four of their last five meetings with the Swans.
Newcastle United v Leicester City
- Leicester have remained unbeaten in the league for longer than any other side in the Championship – 10 games.
- Newcastle have won their last three home matches against Leicester, conceding only one goal in the process.
- The Foxes have not managed a win against Newcastle in six attempts.
- In the last season that they met – 2003/04 – Shola Ameobi and Paul Dickov scored for their respective sides over the two games.
Peterborough United v Crystal Palace
- Peterborough have only lost once in their previous 10 fixtures at home against the Eagles.
- Only one of their last six meetings has ended in a draw.
- The last time Peterborough failed to score at home and lost in the league was in May 2008, the last day of their League Two campaign.
- Having failed to score in four straight away matches in the league, Palace bagged three in their last one at Ipswich.