Championship Play-off Final Opta Facts
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackpool v West Ham United
- West Ham have won their last three games against Blackpool, scoring 11 goals and conceding just two in the process.
- Blackpool have won just one of their last 10 against the Irons (L7, D2), in six of those defeats they have conceded three or four goals.
- The Hammers have reached the final in all three of their Championship play-offs appearances (2004, 2005 and 2012).
- The team finishing third in the Championship has traditionally been promoted the most often, with eight of the 23 (35%) third placed sides gaining promotion since the current format was introduced in 1989.
- The Seasiders won a league-high 32 points from losing positions in the regular Championship season.
- Blackpool netted a Championship-high 27 goals in the final quarter-hour period of their games this regular season.
- Blackpool are the only team to have won promotion via the playoffs (all divisions) on four separate occasions, including in 2010 when they reached the Premier League by beating Cardiff 3-2 in the final.
- Blackpool's Stephen Dobbie is looking to be promoted via the Championship play-offs for the third successive season (Blackpool in 2010 and Swansea in 2011).
- Since 1989, fourth place has been the unluckiest position in the Championship playoffs. Only four of the 23 fourth placed sides (17%) have gone on to win the play-offs.
- This is the first time since 1995/96 (Leicester v Crystal Palace) that the Championship play-off final has been contested between two teams that were relegated from the Premiership in the previous season.
- West Ham netted 23 headed goals in the regular season, more than any other side in the league.
- Blackpool scored just two goals in the opening 15 minutes of their regular season matches, a league low figure, conversely West Ham netted a league high 15 in this same period.
- Blackpool however netted 15 goals in the 15 minutes before half time and 27 in the final 15 minutes, both league high figures.