City to potter around the Britannia - Betting Preview
A match up of contrasting styles, as Tony Pullis and his cement solid Stoke team host Roberto Manchini and his Manchester band of International super stars.
Man City seemingly have it all, while Stoke potter along in the Potteries. The Blues are second in the Premier League, some twenty two points and eight places above the Potters.
Goal records tell a similar story, with the 2012/13 Premier League champions having scored forty five and conceded nineteen, compared to the home teams twenty two scored and twenty seven conceded. And the stark difference between the two clubs can be seen at every turn and in every statistic.
However, despite the chasm, the Potters are a notoriously difficult side to beat at the Britannia Stadium.
Stokes home league record is very similar to Man City's away record. Only Aston Villa and QPR have scored less home goals than Stoke, however by a similar token, only the visitors have conceded less home goals.
The Blues have taken fifteen points from their last six matches, compared to the host solitary win, two draws and three losses in the same period.
OPTA Facts & Stats
- Stoke and Man City have been drawn together seven time before in the FA Cup, with the Citizens progressing (or winning the final) four times and the Potters progressing on three occasions.
- The most memorable of these meetings was the 2011 final, where Man City secured the trophy with a 1-0 win, courtesy of a Yaya Toure goal.
- When drawn at the Britannia, the Potters are unbeaten in nine FA Cup games, winning seven and drawing two.
- The last time City travelled to the Britannia in the FA Cup, they were eliminated, losing 3-1 in a replay back in February 2010.
- The Citizens are enjoying a five game winning streak, netting 14 goals and shipping just three in the process.
- City have won just two of their last eight on the road in the FA Cup, drawing three and losing three.
- Man City are unbeaten in seven against the Potters in all competitions (three home wins, one neutral win and three away 1-1 draws).
90 Minute Betting:
Stoke @ 7/2 Draw @ 5/2 Man City @ 8/11
Stoke @ 2/1 Man City @ 4/11
3/1: Carlos Tevez to score and Man City to win @ 3/1
9/1: Jon Walters to score and Stoke to win @ 9/1