Community Shield: Opta Facts 9 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Community Shield - Chelsea v Manchester United
- Since 1992/93, these two sides have competed in three Community Shield matches with United coming out on top twice to Chelsea's one success.
- Chelsea have won only one of their last six meetings with Manchester United.
- The last two cup ties between the sides have been won by the Red Devils following a penalty shootout - in the Champions League Final in May 2008 and the Community Shield in August 2007.
- The last three Community Shield victories that United have secured have come following a penalty shootout. In fact, United have not managed to win in any of their last nine Community Shield matches in normal time.
- The Red Devils have won more Community Shield (formally charity shield) titles outright than any other side - 13 - sharing the trophy on four occasions.
- Didier Drogba has scored four goals in his four appearances at the 'new' Wembley stadium