English Premier League Opta facts - 16-17 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Stoke City v Liverpool
- Stoke have failed to score in their last four games in all competitions against Liverpool.
- The Potters have only lost one of their last six Premier League home games.
- The Reds have kept three clean sheets in their last four Premier League away matches after going six on the road without one from the start of the season.
- Stoke have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six Premier League matches.
- Tony Pulis' side have failed to score in five of their last seven Premier League matches.
- Stoke have not won two league games in succession since last October.
Blackburn Rovers v Fulham
- Blackburn have only lost one of their last nine Premier League home matches, but have won none of the last four.
- Fulham have won none of their last nine Premier League away matches and failed to keep a clean sheet in any of them either.
- Sam Allardyce's charges are on a run of nine league games without a win.
- Clint Dempsey has scored three goals in his last two Premier League games against Rovers.
- Fulham have not lost three league games in a row since October 2008.
- The Whites have conceded a total of five goals in their last two league games, after conceding only two in the previous six.
Chelsea v Sunderland
- Chelsea have picked up 34 points from a possible 36 in their last 12 home matches at Stamford Bridge and are 21 league games unbeaten at home.
- It is nine away games since Sunderland won or kept a clean sheet away from home, losing seven and drawing two of those matches.
- Chelsea have won the last 10 Premier League games in a row against Sunderland, only failing to score two or more on one occasion.
- Sunderland have scored just five goals in their last 11 top-flight games against Chelsea.
- Nicolas Anelka scored four goals in the two league meetings with the Black Cats last season.
- Darren Bent has scored the first goal of the game on 10 occasions this season.
- The Black Cats have only won one of their last 11 Premier League matches.
Manchester United v Burnley
- Man Utd have won five and lost one of their last six Premier League home matches.
- Burnley have picked up just one point from a possible 30 away from home in the Premier League, the worst record of any team.
- Burnley have conceded at least two goals in each of their 10 Premier League away matches this season.
- The Clarets have failed to score in seven of their 10 Premier League away matches, including the last three in a row.
- Antonio Valencia has scored in four of his last six Premier League appearances at Old Trafford.
- Burnley have kept just one clean sheet in their last 17 Premier League games.
- The Clarets have gone nine Premier League matches without a win.
Portsmouth v Birmingham City
- Portsmouth have won three of their last five matches at Fratton Park, keeping a clean sheet in each victory. They lost the other two games to Arsenal and Man Utd by a 4-1 scoreline on both occasions.
- Birmingham are unbeaten in their last five Premier League away matches, winning three.
- Alex McLeish's side have scored in each of their last nine Premier League away games.
- Birmingham have scored on each of their last 12 visits to Fratton Park.
- Seven of the last 12 league matches between Birmingham and Pompey at Fratton Park have ended as score draws, with Pompey winning two and Birmingham three of the other games on the south coast.
- Cameron Jerome has scored four of Birmingham's last five Premier League goals.
- 13 of Portsmouth's 14 points this season have come in matches where they have kept a clean sheet.
Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City
- It is now 16 Premier League games at White Hart Lane without a draw.
- Spurs have kept 14 clean sheets in 25 Premier League games at home under Harry Redknapp. Only one team has scored more than once against them, Man Utd in a 1-3 loss.
- Hull City have gone 15 away matches without a Premier League win or a clean sheet.
- Seven of the last eight clubs to host Hull City have scored at least two goals against the Tigers.
- All three of the Premier League meetings between Hull City and Spurs have ended as away wins.
- Spurs have kept four clean sheets in a row. The last time they kept five consecutive shut outs was in February 2001 and that is their joint-record in the Premier League era.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Wigan Athletic
- Wigan have lost 12 of their last 16 Premier League matches away from home.
- There have been 13 goals scored in the three league meetings between Wolves and Wigan at Molineux.
- Only two teams have ever conceded more goals than Wigan Athletic (44) after 19 games of a Premier League campaign.
- The Latics have won just one of their last nine Premier League matches.
- Wolves boast only three players with more than one Premier League goal this season, fewer than any other team.
- Mick McCarthy's side have netted only 17 goals, fewer than any other side in the top division.
Everton v Manchester City
- Everton have lost just one of the last nine Premier League home matches.
- Man City have lost just two away matches this season, the joint-fewest along with Spurs.
- The last three league meetings between Everton and City have ended as away wins.
- Carlos Tevez has scored 10 league goals in seven games since the start of December.
- The Citizens have conceded only one goal in four matches in all competitions since Roberto Mancini took over as manager.
- 32% of the goals Everton have scored this season in the league have come in the final 15 minutes of matches, a higher proportion than any other side.
Aston Villa v West Ham United
- Defeat against Liverpool in the last match ended a run of eight undefeated at home for Martin O'Neill's men.
- West Ham have won none of their last nine Premier League away matches and lost the last three in a row.
- Aston Villa have scored exactly one goal in seven of the last eight Premier League meetings with West Ham, netting two in the other match.
- The Hammers have won only one of the last seven Premier League meetings with Villa, but that came earlier this season at Upton Park.
- 11 of the last 19 Premier League meetings between Villa and the Hammers have ended in a draw.
- After winning four games in a row without conceding, Villa have lost their last two games without scoring.
Bolton Wanderers v Arsenal
- Bolton have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 11 Premier League games at the Reebok Stadium.
- Arsenal have kept no clean sheets in their last 10 away matches in all competitions.
- Arsenal have not won consecutive away games in the Premier League since last April.
- Arsenal have won the last six meetings with Bolton in all competitions.
- Kevin Davies has been booked against Arsenal more often than against any other club in the Premier League (9 times).
- Tomas Rosicky has scored in each of his two Premier League appearances against Bolton.
- Ivan Klasnic has scored five goals in his last six Premier League matches.