English Premier League Opta Stats - 29 & 30 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Chelsea v Burnley
- Burnley knocked Chelsea out of last season’s Carling Cup 5-4 on penalties after a 1-1 final score at Stamford Bridge.
- Chelsea’s scorer in that game was Didier Drogba who has netted three goals in three league games this season.
- The Blues have won their last eleven Premier League games in a row and have taken 43 points from the last 48 available.
- Everton and Hull are the only away teams to keep a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge in 2009.
- The Pensioners have lost just two of their last 102 Premier League home games.
Blackburn v West Ham United
- Rovers have taken just one point and scored one goal in their last four Premier League matches.
- West Ham have not won back-to-back Premier League away games since December 2007.
- West Ham have won five and lost none of the last six Premier League meetings with Blackburn.
- The Hammers have won eight and lost only one of the last 11 league meetings with Rovers.
- Rovers have never failed to score in three consecutive Premier League home games.
- Benni McCarthy has unleashed a shot every 13.6 minutes this season, the fastest rate in the top-flight.
Bolton Wanderers v Liverpool
- Liverpool have won their last five league meetings with Bolton.
- Steven Gerrard has scored six Premier League goals against the Trotters – only Aston Villa have been on the receiving end more often.
- The Trotters have failed to score in six of their last eight Premier League games and netted only one in each of the other two.
- Liverpool have not lost two Premier League games in a row since December 2007.
Stoke City v Sunderland
- Eight of the last 16 league meetings between Stoke and Sunderland have finished 1-0.
- Sunderland have lost 10 of their last 15 Premier League matches.
- West Ham are the only away team to take three points from the Britannia Stadium in 2009.
- In their last 16 Premier League home games, Stoke have conceded just seven goals in total.
- Sunderland have scored just one goal in total in their last eight Premier League away games.
Tottenham Hotspur v Birmingham City
- The last season that Birmingham and Spurs met in the league saw both games end up with a total of five goals scored.
- Jermain Defoe has scored seven goals in his last eight Premier League starts for Spurs.
- Defoe has scored four goals in his last six Premier League appearances against Birmingham.
- Robbie Keane has scored six goals in his last seven starts against Birmingham.
- Only one of the last nine Premier League meetings between these sides has ended level.
- The Blues have won only one of their last 14 Premier League visits to London, but that was at White Hart Lane.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Hull City
- Wolves and Hull City last met in the league in 2007-08 and the Tigers won both meetings on the way to promotion.
- Wolves have only ever kept three clean sheets at home in the Premier League, in 20 games.
- Hull would have finished eighth last season if only away games had counted.
- Hull have not won consecutive league matches since October last year.
- Wolves have scored just once in their last four top-flight home games.
Manchester United v Arsenal
- The Gunners have won five league games in the last 30 years at Old Trafford – all 1-0.
- United have only won one of the last six league meetings with Arsenal but won home and away in the Champions League semi-final last season.
- Neither side has kept a clean sheet in the four meetings in all competitions at the Emirates Stadium.
- The Gunners have lost only one of their last 26 league games and none of the last 13 away since losing in Manchester (to City).
- Arsenal have scored 40 goals in their last 13 Premier League matches and 14 in the last three – the only team they failed to score against in that run was Man Utd.
- Man Utd have won 34, drawn two and lost two of their last 38 league games at Old Trafford.
Aston Villa v Fulham
- None of the last 10 meetings in the Premier League between Fulham and Villa has ended as an away win.
- Ashley Young has scored four goals in six Premier League games against Fulham – more than he has netted against any other opponent.
- Fulham’s last away win in the league at Villa Park came in March 1973 – 10 trips since have seen five draws and five defeats.
- Villa have only won two of their last nine Premier League home games.
- Brad Friedel has been the busiest 'keeper in the league this season, making a save every 13.8 minutes on average.
- Fulham have hit just three shots on target this season, fewer than any other team.
Everton v Wigan Athletic
- Everton have won four and Wigan one of their last five Premier League meetings.
- Wigan have lost nine of their last 11 Premier League matches.
- The Latics have only scored 11 goals in their last 21 Premier League matches.
- This is Wigan's 50th Premier League north west derby – the Latics have won only 13 of the previous 49.
- Everton last lost their opening three league games in 1990-91.
- Since the start of 2008-09, Everton's home games have averaged 2.9 goals per game.
Portsmouth v Manchester City
- Portsmouth have only scored in two of their last nine Premier League matches.
- Pompey have lost six of their last seven Premier League matches.
- If City beat Portsmouth it will be their fourth win in a row – they have only done that once before in the Premier League, back in November 1992.
- Man City have kept three clean sheets in a row – they have never kept four consecutive shut outs in the Premier League.
- Emmanuel Adebayor has scored two goals in his last four league appearances against Portsmouth.
- Craig Bellamy has scored five goals in eight Premier League starts against Pompey.