Europa Cup final Opta Stats: Atletico Madrid v Fulham
Uefa Europa League Final Opta Facts
Atletico Madrid v Fulham
- Atletico have reached four cup finals in Europe before, winning just once.
- Atletico have never beaten a side from London in major European competition.
- Zoltan Gera and Bobby Zamora are the top goal scorers left in the competition, both have netted six times.
- Atletico have won just two of their eight Europa League games this season.
- Fulham have conceded just one goal in 271 minutes of Europa League football.
- Fulham have won seven of their last 10 matches in the Europa League.
- 12 of Fulham's 15 goals in the Europa League since November have been either scored or assisted by Gera (six goals, three assists) or Zamora (six goals, two assists).
- In Europe, Fulham have been behind five times, losing just twice (two wins, one draw).
- Atletico have won just one of their last nine games against English opposition.
- The London side will be competing on German soil for the third successive round after meeting VfL Wolfsburg (1-0) and HSV (0-0)) in the quarter and semi-finals respectively, keeping a clean sheet on both occasions.
- Fulham's run to the final has seen them play 18 matches and in eight different countries, and their record in these 18 matches has seen them lose only three times.
- Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has been involved in one major European final before, with Inter Milan losing the 1996/97 UEFA Cup final 4-1 on penalties at the San Siro the two-legged final ended 1-1 on aggregate.