Europa League Opta Facts – 28 November
- Tottenham have won all three meetings with Norwegian teams in Europe competition (excluding qualifiers), scoring 15 times and conceding just three.
Tromso hold just one win over an English side in Europe, when they beat Chelsea 3-2 in the first leg of in a Cup Winners Cup tie. They lost the return leg 7-1 at Stamford Bridge.
- Spurs are unbeaten in their last six Europa League matches, winning each of the last four (D2).
- Andre Villas-Boas' side are one of three teams with a 100% record in the Europa League group stage thus far (Fiorentina and Salzburg being the others).
Just Legia Warsaw have scored fewer goals (0) in this season's Europa League than the Lads (1).
Tromso have lost just two of their nine home matches in European competitions, winning four and drawing three (excluding qualifiers).
- Spurs have won just two of their last eight Europa League games away from White Hart Lane, but their only defeat was in the San Siro to Inter Milan last March (D5).
- Jermain Defoe is the top scorer in the Europa League group stage so far, with five goals.
- In fact, the England international has scored nine times since the start of the 2012/13 season in this competition, more than any other player.
- Tromso have had the fewest number of shots (including blocked) in the Europa League this season (28), with only five hitting the target, also the lowest.
- Nobody has been fouled in the Europa League this season more than Erik Lamela (14).
- This will be the first time Swansea have hosted a Spanish side in Europe.
- Valencia have only won three times in 18 trips to English league sides in European competition (D11 L4), though they did win on their last visit, beating Stoke 1-0 at the Britannia in 2011/12.
- Los Che have scored just seven times in their last 13 games in the United Kingdom, never scoring more than a solitary goal in any of those games.
- However, Valencia have scored in all of their last 10 European away games, last drawing a blank at Chelsea in December 2011.
- Including qualifiers, Wilfried Bony has found the net five times in seven European appearances for the Swans.
- Both of the goals Swansea have conceded in the Europa League this season have come in the 90th minute, in the last two games to Kuban Krasnodar.
- Miroslav Dukic's side have had the most shots on target in the Europa League this season (30).
- Only Tottenham's Mousa Dembélé (366) has attempted more passes than Swansea's Jose Canas (322) in this season's competition.
- Swansea have conceded two penalties this season in the Europa League - a joint tournament high with Maccabi Haifa.
- All of Wigan's goals so far in the group stage have come at the DW Stadium, but the Latics are yet to keep a clean sheet there (W1 D1).
- Zulte Waregem have won just twice away in Europe, losing four of their six games on their travels. On their last visit to England, they lost 1-0 at St James Park in 2007.
- Only one of the last 23 meetings in Europe between Belgian and English sides has been won by the Belgians (Standard Liege 2-1 Everton in 2008), with English sides winning 16 and drawing six.
- Zulte Waregem's Thorgan Hazard has created 14 chances in the Europa League so far - only Salzburg's Kevin Kampl has created more than the Belgian.
- Essevee's 1-0 win in Maribor was the first time in Europe that they'd kept a clean sheet on the road, after six games.
- Owen Coyle's side have hit the woodwork three times in the group stage - only Valencia have been denied more (4).
- Only Mousa Dembélé (428) has had more touches than Zulte Waregem's Davy de Fauw (366).
- Wigan have created just 19 chances from open play in the tournament so far - just Tromso (16) and Apollon Limassol (13) have managed fewer.