Europa League Opta Facts - 1 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
FC BATE Borisov v Everton
- These two sides have never met before and Everton have never played a competitive game against a Belarusian side.
- Everton have not won in three away trips in the Europa League/UEFA Cup, losing twice.
- In the seven European games that BATE have already played this season, only one has seen both sides find the back of the net.
- BATE managed just one point in the group stages at their own ground in the Champions League last year, a draw against Juventus, losing to Real Madrid and Zenit.
- The Toffees have won their last four games in all competitions on the bounce.
- In this period they have scored an average of three goals per game and conceded none.
- In the Belarusian Premier League, Borisov are unbeaten in six games, winning five.
Celtic v Rapid Vienna
- These two sides met in the 1984/85 Cup Winners' Cup - Rapid won 3-1 at home before a 1-0 victory in Scotland.
- The Bhoys' other four meetings with Austrian opposition saw them win at home but lose on the road.
- Rapid Vienna's other three trips to Scotland in European competition saw them defeated each time - to Dundee United, Aberdeen and Rangers.
- Celtic have lost their last three matches in Europe.
- The Bhoys have failed to score in their two European matches at home this season.
- The Austrians have won four consecutive matches in all competitions, bagging 14 goals and conceding two.
- Rapid Vienna have scored in 10 consecutive away matches in all competitions.
Fulham v Basle
- Fulham have never before faced Swiss opposition in Europe.
- FC Basle have lost on their last three trips to England, and the last two by a three-goal margin (Blackburn in 2006/07 and Middlesbrough in 2005/06).
- However in the 2002/03 season in the Champions League, the Swiss team managed to draw twice in England - against Manchester United and Liverpool (both 1-1).
- Fulham have lost six of their last eight matches in all competitions.
- The Whites have scored exactly one goal in their last three away matches (all competitions).
- Basle have won their last five matches in all competitions, scoring at least twice in each game.
- The Swiss side has kept a clean sheet in its last four matches.