Europa League Opta Facts - 1st December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Braga v Birmingham
- Excluding blocked shots, no side have attempted as many shots as SC Braga (71) in the 2011-12 Europa League to date.
- Braga striker Lima has attempted more shots (excl. blocked) than any other player in the Europa League this term (22).
- Braga midfielder Hugo Viana has created 20 goalscoring chances in the Europa League this term; more than any other player in the competition.
- Excluding qualifiers, Braga have conceded only three goals in their last eight matches at home in Europe.
- Birmingham's four Europa League games this season have seen 14 goals, with neither the Blues or their opponents keeping a clean sheet in any match.
- Birmingham midfielder Wade Elliott created four goalscoring chances in their first game against Braga this season; more than any other player in the match.
Celtic v Atletico Madrid
- Since the Europa League was introduced in 2009, no player has scored more goals in the competition than Falcao (19 - excl. qualifiers).
- Celtic have won only six corners in their four Europa League games so far; fewer than any other side in the competition.
- Atletico Madrid have made a competition-high 85 fouls so far this season.
- The Spaniards' last five games (in all competitions) have produced a total of 24 goals (average of 4.8 per game).
- Atletico are without a win in eight away games (in all competitions).
- Celtic are unbeaten in their last 10 games (in all competitions), winning the last five in a row.
Tottenham v PAOK Salonika
- PAOK Salonika have been forced in to making four goalline clearances in the Europa League this season; more than any other side.
- Spurs' goalkeepers have been forced into making 24 saves in the Europa League this season; more than any other side in the competition.
- Tottenham are the most in-form side in the Premier League, winning more points from their last five games than any other side (15 out of 15).
- PAOK have only suffered two defeats in their last eight games (in all competitions).
- On-loan striker Emmanuel Adebayor has bagged a total of four goals in his last two games for the Lilywhites.
- The Greeks have lost just one of their last 15 gamers (in all competitions) on home soil.
FC Twente v Fulham
- Including qualifiers, Fulham striker Andy Johnson has scored eight goals in 12 appearances in the Europa League this season.
- Twente are the highest scoring side in the Europa League so far this season (12 goals, excl. qualifiers).
- FC Twente's Ola John has assisted three goals in the Europa League this season (excl. qualifiers), no player has assisted more.
- Eight different players have scored a goal for Twente in the Europa League this season; a competition-high.
- The Dutch side are unbeaten in their last 15 games in all competitions.
- The Cottagers secured an impressive point away to Arsenal at the weekend (1-1) to make it just one defeat in their last five games in all competitions (two wins, two draws).
Stoke v Dynamo Kiev
- No player has assisted more goals in the Europa League since it was introduced in 2009 than Dynamo midfielder Roman Eremenko (6).
- Stoke City have attempted fewer passes than any other side in the Europa League this season (1161).
- However, Stoke have the best cross completion rate in the competition so far (38%).
- The Potters have taken just three points from their last 5 league games, with those points coming in their last game, against Blackburn Rovers, the only side to have a worse record in the Premier League (two points from last five games).
- Kiev have lost just two of their last 22 games in all competitions.
- Stoke have shipped a total of nine goals in their last three games (all in the league).
Rubin Kazan v Shamrock Rovers
- Shamrock Rovers are one of only three teams in the Europa League this season yet to win a point after four matchdays.
- Shamrock Rovers have blocked 25 opposition shots in the Europa League this term; more than any other team.
- Rovers have been saved by the woodwork on five occasions in the Europa League this season; more than every other side in the competition.
- The Russians have suffered just two defeats in their last 12 games (in all competitions), winning seven and drawing three.
- Rovers' last three away games (in all competitions) have all ended in a 2-1 scoreline (two wins for Rovers, one defeat).
- Rubin Kazan's last six goals (in all competitions) have all come from different players while in the Europa League this season, all six of their goals have also come from six different players.