Europa League Opta Facts - 3rd November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Rubin Kazan v Tottenham
- Tottenham have faced Russian opposition twice before in European games (excluding qualifiers), winning one and drawing one, though both games were played at White Hart Lane.
- Spurs have only won one of their last seven away European fixtures, a 1-0 win in Milan in last season's Champions League (excluding qualifiers).
- The North Londoners have failed to score in their last two European away games. They last went three without scoring on the road in November 1999 (six games without a goal).
- Rubin Kazan have only won two of their last 14 European games.
- Kazan's last 11 goals in all competitions have all come in the second half.
- Tottenham have the best shooting accuracy in the Europa League this season, hitting the target with 60.6% of shots so far.
Maccabi Tel-Aviv v Stoke
- Stoke City have lost their last three games in all competitions, they last lost four straight competitive fixtures in November 2010.
- Stoke City have won six and drawn one of their seven European games this season (including qualifiers).
- Maccabi Tel-Aviv have only won one of their last 10 European games (excluding qualifiers).
- The Israelis have only managed two clean sheets in 23 previous European games.
- Stoke City have the worst tackle success rate in the Europa League this season, winning just 65% of attempted tackles so far.
- Maccabi Tel-Aviv have the best passing accuracy in the Europa League this term, finding a player with 88% of total passes attempted.
Birmingham v Club Brugge
- Club Brugge have lost their last four competitive fixtures (one on penalties), a run that started with a home defeat to Birmingham City.
- The last two games involving the Belgian giants have seen a total of 17 goals scored (eight to Brugge, nine to their opposition).
- Excluding qualifiers, Birmingham have only lost one of their 13 European fixtures at St Andrews, winning 10 and drawing two.
- The Blues have only failed to score in just one of their previous 13 home European fixtures (excluding qualifiers), and have netted more than once in nine of them.
- Birmingham have attempted (38) and won (26) fewer tackles than any other team in the 2011/12 Europa League so far.
- Club Brugge have lost seven and drawn one of their eight previous trips to England in European competition (excluding qualifiers).
Celtic v Rennes
- Celtic have only won one of their last nine European fixtures against French opposition (excluding qualifiers), a 2-0 home victory over Lyon in September 2003.
- Overall, the Bhoys have won just two of their last 18 European games (excluding qualifiers), though both victories did come at Celtic Park.
- Rennes have only won three of their 21 previous European fixtures (excluding qualifiers).
- The Red and Blacks have now faced Scottish opposition three times in Europe and are yet to pick up a victory (two home draws, one away defeat).
- Celtic have drawn four of their last seven games in all competitions (including their first clash with Rennes this season), winning two and losing one.
- Rennes have had more attempts from open play (38) than any other team in the competition this season so far.
Fulham v Wisla Krakow
- Mark Schwarzer has made more saves (17) than any other goalkeeper in the Europa League this term.
- Including qualifiers, Fulham are now unbeaten in 17 European games at Craven Cottage (excl. Intertoto Cup).
- A 1-1 draw at home to Martin Jol's former club FC Twente in their last home European game ended a run of nine consecutive European home wins for the Cottagers (including qualifiers).
- Wisla Krakow have scored in each of their last 10 European games, but have netted exactly once in eight of them (including the last six).
- The Poles have netted exactly one goal in each of their four previous European meetings with English sides (excluding qualifiers).
- In 15 previous European meetings (excluding qualifiers) between English and Polish sides in England, the English sides have won 10 and lost none (five draws).
Shamrock Rovers v PAOK Salonika
- Shamrock Rovers have conceded a joint-competition-high 23 shots on target this season.
- The Hoops have now gone 13 European games without a win (excluding qualifiers).
- Rovers have only netted four goals in their last 13 European games combined (excluding qualifiers).
- The Greeks have only lost two of their last 12 European non-qualifiers, winning five and drawing five.
- All three previous European fixtures (excluding qualifiers) between Greek and Irish sides have been won by the Greek team.
- PAOK have been forced into a league-high three clearances of the line in the Europa League this season.