Europa League Opta Facts - December 6th
Tottenham Hotspur v Panathinaikos 20:05 - live on ITV4
- Spurs are unbeaten in six European games now (excl. qualifiers), winning two and drawing four. During that run, they've conceded only three goals.
- The Greeks have scored only three goals in their five Europa League games so far this season, netting just 8% of their shots.
- Expect low cards in this game as between these two sides they have accumulated only 12 yellows and one red card in this competition (Spurs - 6y, Pan - 6y 1r).
- Only two sides have faced fewer shots on target than Spurs in the 2012-13 Europa League so far (12).
- Excluding qualifiers, Panathinaikos have won just one of their last 13 games in European competition, but this did come in their last outing against Maribor.
- During this run of 13 games, the Greek side have never managed to score more than once.
- Panathinaikos have won only one of their previous 17 encounters with English sides in European competition (excl. quals) - this coming against another North London side in the form of Arsenal back in Sept 2001 (1-0 at home).
- In their eight encounters against English sides on English soil, Panathinaikos' record is L6 D2, netting a meagre tally of just five goals.
- The Lilywhites have drawn four games in the competition proper so far, no side has seen more of their games finish level.
- Gareth Bale has whipped in a competition-high 42 crosses from open play.
Bordeaux v Newcastle 18:00 - live on ESPN
- The only previous meeting between these two sides came back in October, when the Magpies won 3-0 at home, courtesy of a strike by Shola Ameobi, an own-goal from Carlos Henrique and a goal from Papiss Cissé.
- Newcastle have suffered just one defeat in their last 15 European games, winning 10 and drawing four.
- The Magpies have kept three clean sheets in their last five European fixtures.
- On the road in European games, Newcastle have enjoyed just one win on their last five outings, drawing three and losing one.
- English sides have lost on just two of their last 12 visits to France in European competition, winning six, drawing four and shipping just seven goals in the process.
- Newcastle have travelled to France on five previous occasions (excl. quals), losing three, drawing one and winning just one with that victory coming last time out - 4-0 v Sochaux in November 2004.
- Bordeaux have faced fewer shots on target (8) than any other side so far.
Away from home, Newcastle are yet to win a game in any competition this season, drawing seven and losing four of their 11 road-trips.
- Bordeaux have suffered just two defeats in their last 15 European games, winning 11 and drawing two.
- Five of Newcastle's seven goals in the Europa League proper this season have come between the 40th and 49th minutes and none of the seven have come later than the 49th minute.
Udinese v Liverpool 18:00 - live on ITV4
- The only previous clash between these two sides, back in October at Anfield, saw the visitors win 3-2, inflicting on the Reds their first home European loss in 10 games.
- Liverpool have won just one of their last 10 European games on the road, drawing four and losing five.
- Seven of the nine goals that Liverpool have conceded have come after half-time in the EL this season.
- Liverpool have scored first in four of their five EL games this season, while Udinese have conceded first in all five of their EL matches.
- Liverpool have lost three of their last five games in Europe against Italian sides (W1 D1 L3).
- Only two sides have conceded more goals than Udinese in the 2012-13 Europa League (11).
- This will be only the third occasion that Udinese have faced an English side in Europe outside of qualifying - they have won the previous two (incl. the 3-2 win over Liverpool in October).
- Seven of the last nine goals that Udinese have conceded in the Europa League have come in the final half hour of games.
- All seven of Udinese's 2012-13 EL goals have arrived after half-time.
- Udinese striker Antonio Di Natale has been caught offside a joint-high 11 times so far.