Europa League Opta facts - February 17th
Rangers v Sporting Lisbon
- The two sides have meet in two previous seasons (two games in Cup Winners Cup in 1971 and two games in UEFA Cup in 2008), with the Scottish side winning two, drawing one and losing one.
- Rangers have lost just three of their 12 games against Portuguese opposition.
- Sporting have won five of their 12 games against Scottish opposition, drawing one and losing six.
- Rangers have only won one of their last 15 games in European competitions (excl. qualifiers).
- Sporting, on the other hand, have lost just two of their last nine games in Europe.
- Rangers managed to score just three goals in their six Champions League group games this season, a haul superior to only four other sides in the competition.
- The Glasgow giants are unbeaten in their last seven games at Ibrox in all competitions, winning six and drawing one.
Sparta Prague v Liverpool
- These two sides have never met before.
- Liverpool have only met a Czech Republic side in only one European tie before (winning 1-0 at home and 3-2 away to Slovan Liberec in the UEFA Cup).
- Sparta have met English sides in 14 games so far (excl. qualifiers), winning just three of them.
- Indeed, in their last six meetings with English sides (excl. qualifiers), they have managed a total of just one goal.
- Sparta have lost just one of their six Europa League games this season, although they have drawn three of their last four.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their 10 Europa League games this season (incl qualifiers), although the Reds have drawn four of their last five, with three of those draws ending goalless.
- In the tournament so far, Liverpool have benefited from four goals scored by subs, a joint-high.
- The Czech side have conceded a competition-high 119 fouls so far, while Liverpool have won a competition-low 53 fouls.
On twitter? Follow us for regular updates:
@williamhillNews William Hill News