Europa League Opta Facts - Semi-Final First Legs
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Europa League Opta Facts
Semi-final First Leg
Atlético Madrid vs Valencia
- Atlético are on a run of nine straight wins in the Europa League.
- In this match, the rojiblancos can become the first-ever side to win 10 straight games in the UEFA Cup/Europa League.
- These two sides were drawn together in the 2009/10 Quarter-finals of this competition. Atlético went through following a 2-2 draw at Valencia and a 0-0 at home.
- Atlético are unbeaten at home in all-Spain ties in European competitions (exc.Qualifiers): W2 D1.
- Valencia have never won away to another Spanish side in a European competition (D3 L1).
- Los Che have only managed one win from their last nine away games in Europe (exc. Qualifiers), and have failed to score more than once in any of these matches.
- Falcao has scored 25 goals in 26 matches in the Europa League.
- The Colombian striker has scored in each of his last three appearances in the competition.
- Valencia central defender Rami has scored three goals and picked up one red card in Valencia's last three Europa League games.
Sporting CP vs Athletic Bilbao
- The last two seasons have produced only Iberian semi-finalists in the Europa League: three Spanish and one Portuguese this season and three Portuguese and one Spanish last season.
- Athletic's only previous visit to Sporting came in the 1985/86 UEFA Cup when they lost 3-0 in the third round.
- The Basque side have won four of their six European matches on the road this season, averaging 2.2 goals per game.
- Athletic have scored in every Europa League match this season.
- Bielsa's men have won four of their six meetings with Portuguese sides in European competitions (exc. Qualfiiers): D1 L1.
- Sporting have won only one of their last 10 meetings with Spanish sides in Europe (exc. Qualifiers): D4 L5.
- The Portuguese side are unbeaten at home in Europe (exc. Qualifiers) in the last three seasons, winning 11 and drawing four of 15 games.
- Sporting have won all six games at home in Europe this season (exc. Qualifiers), conceding just two goals.
- Fernando Llorente has bagged four goals in Athletic's last four Europa League games.
- Athletic have conceded the joint-most penalties in the Europa League this season.