Europa League Opta Facts - Semi-Final Second Legs
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Europa League Opta Facts
Semi-final Second Leg
Valencia v Atletico Madrid
- Atlético are on a run of 10 straight wins in the Europa League. With their victory over Valencia in the first-leg, the Rojiblancos became the first side in the history of the competition to win 10 in a row in the Uefa Cup/Europa League.
- These two sides were drawn together in the 2009/10 Quarter-finals of this competition. Atlético went through following a 2-2 draw at Valencia and a 0-0 at home.
- Falcao has scored 27 goals in 27 matches in the Europa League.
- The Colombian striker has scored in each of his last four appearances in the competition, netting five goals in total.
- Atletico have won their last four European games away from home. They have never won five successive away games in European competition.
- Los Colchoneros have never won an away game against a fellow Spanish side in Europe (P4 D1 L3).
- Valencia, on the other hand, are unbeaten in four previous European home games against Spanish sides (W3 D1).
- Despite joining after elimination from the Champions League, Valencia have scored six goals from corners in the Europa League this season, a joint-competition-high.
- Atletico are the top scorers in this season's Europa League with 29 goals so far.
Athletic Bilbao v Sporting CP
- Athletic have scored in every Europa League match this season.
- Bielsa's men have won four of their seven meetings with Portuguese sides in European competitions (exc. Qualfiiers): D1 L2, and all three at home.
- Sporting have won only two of their last 11 meetings with Spanish sides in Europe (exc. Qualifiers): D4 L5.
- The Portuguese giants have never won away against a Spanish opponent in Europe (exc. Qualifiers), drawing three and losing nine.
- Despite their excellent European home form, Sporting have only won two of their last 13 away from home (D4 L7).
- The Basques have only lost two of their last 30 home European games (W21 D7, excludes qualifiers) since 1983, and are unbeaten in seven (W4 D3).
- Bilbao have won their only previous three home games against Portuguese sides, including a 2-1 win over Sporting CP in September 1956.
- Athletic have had more shots (168) and shots on target (78) than any other Europa League side this term.
- Sporting Lisbon have won more fouls than any other team in the 2011/12 Europa League (240).