Europa League Qualifying Opta Facts - 21st August
AEL Limassol v Tottenham Hotspur
- Spurs' previous two away Europa League qualifying games have ended in 5-0 wins.
- Roberto Soldado scored a brace in Tottenham's last away qualifying match against Dinamo Tbilisi in August 2013.
- Tottenham have faced Cypriot opposition once before in European competition, beating Anorthosis Famagusta 6-1 at White Hart Lane before drawing 1-1 away.
- Spurs have lost just one of their last seven away European fixtures (W4 D2), keeping four clean sheets in that time.
- This will be the first time AEL Limassol have faced English opposition in European competition.
- In 11 previous home games in European competitions, AEL Limassol have lost only twice (W7 D2; incl. Cup Winners Cup, Europa League and Champions League).
Lokeren v Hull City
- Sone Aluko scored Hull's winner in the previous round against Trencin.
- Lokeren's last appearance in the Europa League qualifying phase came in 2012/13, being knocked out on away goals by Viktoria Plzen in the playoff. They did win the home leg 2-1.
- Hull have won just one of their last seven away games across all competitions, though this did come against QPR on Saturday.
- Lokeren have lost their four previous European games against English sides, losing twice to Newcastle United in 2001 in the Intertoto Cup and Manchester City in 2003 in the UEFA Cup.
- In the last 10 European games between English and Belgian sides, the Belgian side has been victorious just once (Zulte Waregem v Wigan in 2013), with five English wins and four draws.
- In fact, English sides have lost just one of their last 14 games on Belgian soil in European competition (W8 D5).