Europa League - semi-final Opta Facts Leg One
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atletico Madrid v Liverpool
- Liverpool have won on three of their last four trips to play in Spain.
- However, the only team to avoid defeat at home to the Merseysiders in this period was Atletico in their last match (1-1 in the Champions League in October 2008).
- Both previous meetings between these sides have ended 1-1.
- Atletico have won none of their last seven meetings with English sides in Europe since a 1-0 win over Aston Villa in 1997/98.
- However, the Madrid side are yet to lose a home game against an English opponent.
- Five of Atletico's six Europa League matches this season have ended in a draw, winning the other.
- The Reds have won only one of their last 11 away matches in all competitions.
- Fernando Torres scored four of Liverpool's last seven goals in the Europa League.
- Sergio Aguero has been involved in half of Atletico's 10 goals in European competition this season (four goals, one assist).
Hamburg v Fulham
- Arsenal are the only team from England to have won at the Hamburg Arena, prevailing 2-1 in a 2006/07 UEFA Champions League group-stage fixture.
- Fulham have lost one (2-1 at Hertha Berlin in 2002/03) and won one (1-0 at Wolfsburg in the Quarter-Finals) of their competitive matches in Germany.
- Hamburg have won their last two matches at home to English opposition in the Europa League (and UEFA Cup), defeating Manchester City 3-1 last season in the quarter-finals and Aston Villa 3-1 the season before.
- Just one of Hamburg's last 21 matches in the Europa League (and UEFA Cup) have ended in a draw.
- The German side has won six of its last seven matches at home in the competition, drawing the other.
- Mladen Petric has scored five goals in Hamburg's last five matches in the Europa League.
- The Cottagers have kept three consecutive clean sheets in matches in all competitions.
- Fulham have won six of their last eight matches in the Europa League.
- The Whites have never failed to score in nine matches away from home in the UEFA Cup/Europa League proper (not including qualifiers).
- Bobby Zamora has scored six goals in his last seven appearances in the competition, assisting two more in the same period.
- 11 of Fulham's 13 goals in the Europa League since November have been either scored or assisted by Gera (five goals, three assists) or Zamora (six goals, two assists).