FA Cup First Round Opta Facts - 7-10 November
Warrington Town v Exeter City
- This is the first time Warrington Town have ever made it into the FA Cup proper.
- Exeter have been eliminated in Round 1 in each of the last four FA Cups.
- The Wire have already played seven matches to make it this far, beginning their campaign against Barton Town Old Boys in August, in the preliminary round.
- The Grecians have won three of their last four FA Cup games against non-league opposition, but were beaten by Curzon Ashton at this stage in 2008/09.
- Warrington are the lowest ranked side left in the FA Cup, sitting 17th in the eighth tier of English football.
Barnet v Wycombe
- Barnet and Wycombe have drawn each other twice before in the FA Cup - Barnet beat the Chairboys in Round 2 in 1981/82, while Wycombe needed a replay in 1996/97 to progress to Round 3.
- The Bees have shipped eight goals in their last two Round 1 ties without scoring themselves.
- Wycombe have progressed in eight of their last 10 FA Cup ties against non-league opposition, but did lose their most recent match (Fleetwood Town in November 2011).
- Wycombe have been eliminated at this stage in three of the last five seasons.
Barnsley v Burton Albion
- This will be the first competitive meeting between the two sides.
- This is Barnsley's first appearance in Round 1 since 2005/06, in which they beat then fourth tier side Darlington 1-0.
- Burton have made it past Round 1 in five of their last six entries to the FA Cup (they didn't qualify in 2008/09).
- The Brewers' last five FA Cup games against opposition from higher up the pyramid have been away from home, losing four (W1).
Basingstoke Town v Telford
- This will be Basingstoke's seventh appearance in the FA Cup proper. They've made it into Round 2 three times, most recently in 2006/07.
- Telford United have won all four of their previous first round ties against non-league opposition.
- However, the Bucks have progressed just once from their last five appearances at this stage.
- Both sides needed a replay in the fourth round of qualifying to make it into Round 1, and both won the revised tie by a three goal margin.
Blyth Spartans v Altrincham
- Blyth Spartans' last FA Cup Round 1 tie came against non-league opposition Gateshead in 2011/12, but they lost 2-0 at home.
- Spartans have alternated between elimination and progression in their last five Round 1 ties.
- Altrincham last made it into Round 2 in 2001/02, beating non-league Lancaster City in a replay before losing to Darlington in the next round.
- Alty's last three Round 1 appearances have ended in elimination, though the last two have gone to replays.
Braintree v Chesterfield
- Braintree have made it into Round 1 for the third consecutive season.
- However, the Iron have never gone further in the competition, being eliminated in 2005/06, 2012/13 and 2013/14 by Football League sides.
- The Spireites have progressed from Round 1 in four of the last six seasons.
- Chesterfield have won their last three Round 1 ties against non-league opposition, all by a two-goal cushion.
Bromley v Dartford
- This will be only Dartford's second Round 1 appearance this century, exiting the competition at this stage in 2010/11 and 2013/14.
- Bromley have been eliminated in each of their last 10 FA Cup appearances in Round 1.
- The last time the Ravens made it into Round 2 was in the 1945/46 season.
- The Darts have won three of their last four meetings with Bromley (L1, all comps).
Bury v Hemel Hempstead Town
- Bury were eliminated by non-league opposition at this stage last season, losing to Cambridge United in a replay.
- The Shakers have however won the four ties prior to that against non-league sides in this competition.
- This will be the first appearance in the FA Cup for Hemel Hempstead since 1938/39, when they were then known as Apsley.
Cambridge v Fleetwood
- Cambridge have won just one of their four previous meetings with the Cod Army, though this was the most recent game in April 2012 in the Blue Square Premier League (D1 L2).
- Fleetwood have been drawn against lower-league opposition for the third year in a row in the FA Cup. The last two Round 1 ties have been won to nil.
- The U's have won just one of their last five ties from teams in a higher division.
Cheltenham v Swindon
- These two sides last met in the 2011/12 league season in League Two, sharing 1-0 home wins.
- Swindon have scored just once in four previous games away at Cheltenham (all comps).
- Cheltenham have conceded just one goal in their last four Round 1 games, but that goal eliminated them from the competition last season (v Tamworth).
- Swindon are looking to avoid a third consecutive exit from the FA Cup at this stage.
Coventry v Worcester City
- Coventry last exited the FA Cup at Round 1 in 1959/60, progressing in each of their six ties at this stage since.
- Worcester City have met the Sky Blues twice before in the FA Cup - losing both games in Round 1 in 1960/61 and Round 3 in 1982/83.
- The Dragons' last six FA Cup games (including replays) have contained just seven goals, two of which have been scored by Worcester.
Crewe v Sheffield United
- These two sides met in late October in League One. The Blades were 1-0 victors as Crewe's George Ray was sent off.
- The Railwaymen were the winners in the only previous FA Cup tie between the two, winning 3-1 in Round 3 in 1947/48.
- Sheffield United won all four of their away games in the FA Cup last season, on their way to the semi-final.
- The Blades haven't lost an FA Cup match against a team from the same division from them since March 2004.
Dag & Red v Southport
- Dagenham and Redbridge beat Southport in Round 1 of the 2001/02 FA Cup 1-0, a year in which they made it to Round 3.
- The Seasiders haven't made it past Round 1 of the FA Cup since 2002/03.
- The Daggers have gone seven games without defeat to Southport in all competitions (W4 D3).
Dover Athletic v Morecambe
- Two of Dover Athletic's three Round 1 appearances have ended in victory (November 2010 and 2013).
- This is the first time Morecambe have ever faced a side in the FA Cup from a lower division than themselves, since being in the Football League.
- The Shrimps have progressed from the first round just once in the last five seasons.
Eastleigh v Lincoln City
- Eastleigh have appeared in the first round of the FA Cup once before, losing 2-1 to fellow non-league Barrow in November 2009.
- Lincoln took Plymouth to a replay last season in the competition at this stage, but lost 5-0 away.
- In fact, five of Lincoln's last six eliminations from the FA Cup have come in replays.
Forest Green v Scunthorpe
- Forest Green have progressed from just one of their six Round 1 ties against teams from the Football League pyramid (beating Rotherham in 2007/08).
- Scunthorpe have fallen at this hurdle in each of the last three seasons to teams from a lower division.
- The Green have won just two of their 12 FA Cup home matches (D5 L5).
Gillingham v Bristol City
- Gillingham and Bristol City last met in this competition in Round 2 in 2006/07 - Bristol City were 4-3 winners on that day. Phil Jevons scored a hat-trick for the Robins.
- Bristol City were also the victors in their last cup meeting, winning 2-0 in the Capital One Cup last season.
- Only one of Gillingham's last four Round 1 exits has come to a side from the Football League, losing the other three to non-league sides.
Gosport Borough v Colchester
- This is the first time Gosport have qualified for the FA Cup first round.
- Colchester have won five of their last six ties against non-league sides, but were beaten in Round 1 in 2012/13 by Chelmsford City.
- The U's have conceded 15 goals in their last four away games in this competition.
Grimsby v Oxford United
- Grimsby are unbeaten in six against Oxford, though they haven't met since November 2005 (W3 D3).
- Oxford have won their last four FA Cup ties against non-league sides when they've been a member of the top four tiers, last losing to one in December 2000.
- The Mariners have kept a clean sheet in five of their last eight FA Cup games.
Hartlepool v East Thurrock United
- Hartlepool have exited the competition at this stage in three of the past five seasons.
- This is East Thurrock's second appearance in the first round, after losing 3-0 to Macclesfield in November 2011.
- Only one of Pool's last four ties against non-league sides in the FA Cup has ended in defeat.
Luton v Newport
- The last two meetings between Luton and Newport came in the Blue Square Premier League in 2012/13. They were 11 goals across those two league fixtures.
- The Hatters' loss to Welling United last season was the first time in ten Round 1 appearances that they hadn't gone further than this stage.
- By contrast, Newport's victory in Round 1 last season over Braintree was the first time they'd made it past Round 1 in six attempts.
Mansfield v Concord Rangers
- Mansfield have progressed from eight of their last nine FA Cup ties against non-league sides.
- This is the first time Concord Rangers have made the first round of the FA Cup.
- The Stags were 8-1 winners in Round 1 last year over St Albans City. Former player Sam Clucas scored four times.
Northampton v Rochdale
- Northampton have met Rochdale once before in the FA Cup - losing 3-0 in Round 4 in January 1990.
- The Cobblers haven't beaten a side from a higher league than them since November 2004, losing all four since then.
- Rochdale's Ian Henderson scored in both league meetings against Northampton last season.
Norton United v Gateshead
- Norton United are making their FA Cup Round 1 debut. They are the second-lowest ranked team left in the competition, playing in the eighth tier of English football.
- Norton were one of two sides remaining in the competition (along with Warrington Town) to begin their cup run in August's preliminary round.
- Gateshead have made the first round for the fifth time in six seasons. Only once in this run have they gone past this stage (2011/12).
Notts County v Accrington
- The last meeting between these two sides came in the FA Cup in November 2011 - the Magpies were 4-1 winners at Meadow Lane.
- Stanley's Andrew Procter was sent off in that match and hasn't been shown a red since.
- The Magpies have progressed from Round 1 in six of the last seven seasons, but were beaten at this stage last year.
Oldham v Leyton Orient
- The Latics were 4-0 winners in the last FA Cup tie against Leyton Orient in December 2004 (Round 2).
- Leyton Orient have already beaten Oldham this season, winning 3-1 in a League One fixture in August.
- The O's have made it past Round 1 in five of the last six campaigns.
Peterborough v Carlisle
- The Posh have won their last two home games against the Cumbrians, scoring 10 times (4-0 in April 2014 and 6-0 in March 2011).
- Carlisle last failed to make it past Round 1 in 2007/08, progressing in each of the last six seasons.
- Peterborough have lost their last three games all by a single goal (all comps).
Plymouth v AFC Fylde
- Plymouth's win over Lincoln at this stage last season halted a run of three successive FA Cup eliminations in Round 1.
- This is Fylde's second FA Cup Round 1 appearance. They lost 4-1 at home to Accrington Stanley in 2012.
- The Pilgrims have lost just once at home this season in all comps (W7 D2).
Port Vale v MK Dons
- Port Vale have exited the FA Cup just once in the last 11 seasons at the first round (2011/12).
- MK Dons have scored 16 goals in their last four FA Cup Round 1 games, including replays.
- MK Dons have kept a clean sheet in each of last three away games, but have failed to score in their last two also.
Portsmouth v Aldershot Town
- Former winners Pompey have exited the FA Cup at this stage in each of the last two seasons.
- Aldershot Town have made it past Round 1 in their last five entries to the competition (proper).
- Portsmouth have lost just one of their last six at home in all competitions (W3 D2).
Southend United v Chester
- Southend have won three and lost none of their last five clashes with non-league sides in the FA Cup.
- Chester have won four and drawn one of their last seven in all competitions (L2).
- The Shrimpers have won just one of their last six in all competitions (D2 L3).
Stevenage v Maidstone United
- Since winning promotion to the Football League, Stevenage have won all three of their clashes with non-league clubs in the FA Cup; keeping a clean sheet in all three matches.
- Maidstone have lost three of their last five legal FA Cup matches.
- Stevenage won three and lost three of their last seven in all competitions.
Tranmere v Bristol Rovers
- Tranmere have lost two of their last three FA Cup matches 0-5.
- Bristol Rovers have progressed through just two of their last six First Round matches in the FA Cup.
- There have been just two goals scored across the last three clashes between these two teams.
Walsall v Shrewsbury
- Walsall have won just two of their last nine FA Cup matches, drawing four and losing three.
- None of Shrewsbury's last 10 FA Cup clashes have ended as a draw (W2 L8).
- Seven of the last eight meetings between these two teams have been won by the home team.
Weston-Super-Mare v Doncaster
- Weston-Super-Mare have reached the FA Cup First Round for the first time since November 2003.
- Doncaster have won 10 of their last 16 clashes with non-league opposition in the FA Cup (First Round onwards; D3 L3).
- This will be the Seagulls' second ever clash with a league side in the FA Cup.
- Rovers have progressed through four of their last five First Round ties in the FA Cup.
Wrexham v Woking
- Wrexham have reached the FA Cup First Round for the fourth consecutive year.
- Woking have drawn three and lost three of their last six matches in the FA Cup (first round onwards).
- The Welsh side have progressed through five of their last eight First Round ties in the world's oldest cup competition.
- The Cardinals kept a clean sheet against third tier Brighton and Hove Albion in their last FA Cup First Round tie (0-0) but they went on to lose the replay on penalties.
Yeovil v Crawley
- Yeovil have failed to score in three of their last four FA Cup games.
- Last season was the first in four years that Crawley Town failed to reach the Third Round at least.
- The Red Devils have won their last four First Round matches, scoring 11 goals and conceding just two.
- The Glovers have lost five and won none of their last seven in all competitions (D2).
York v AFC Wimbledon
- York's last victory in the FA Cup came in November 2010, thanks a 2-0 win over Darlington.
- Wimbledon have won two, drawn two and lost two of their last six in all competitions.
- The two clashes between these two sides in League Two last season were won by the away team.
- The Minstermen are yet to win a home game this season in any competition.
Halifax v Bradford
- The Shaymen have won just one of their last seven in the FA Cup (D3 L3; First Round onwards).
- The Bantams have won seven of their last eight clashes with non-league opposition in the FA Cup (L1).
- This will be the first meeting of this two Yorkshire rivals since September 1998 in the League Cup.
- However, Bradford are without an FA Cup win in six matches (D3 L3). They did progress on penalties once during this run.
Havant and Waterlooville v Preston
- This is Havant and Waterlooville's first appearance in the FA Cup first round since November 2011.
- PNE have won four and lost none of their last five FA Cup clashes with non-league opponents.
- Famously, Havant and Waterlooville reached the fourth round in the 2008 FA Cup before losing to Liverpool.
- 2008 remains the only occasion that the Hawks have advanced past the First Round of the FA Cup.
- Preston have kept five clean sheets in their last nine FA Cup matches.