FA Cup Opta facts - December 2-4
FA Cup Opta Facts - Round 2
Fleetwood Town v Yeovil
- Fleetwood Town have reached the second round of the FA Cup for only the second time in their history. On the previous occasion in 2008/09, they lost to Hartlepool, who were also League One opposition.
- Fleetwood have won only one of their previous six FA cup games against Football League clubs - this was their first round victory over Wycombe Wanderers.
This is the 13th time in the last 15 FA Cup matches that Yeovil have played an FA Cup game away from home.
- The Glovers have lost just one of their last seven games (in all competitions).
- Fleetwood have lost just one of their last 11 games in all competitions, and that was on penalties.
Barnet v MK Dons
- Barnet have lost four of their last six FA Cup second round ties.
The Bees have conceded only four goals in their last seven FA cup matches at Underhill and never more than once in a game during this run.
- MK Dons have won all three of their previous FA Cup second round ties against clubs from a lower or the same tier of English football.
- Barnet have won each of their last four games in all competitions, scoring exactly two goals in each of those games.
- The MK Dons have netted a total of 17 goals in their last four games in all competitions.
Bradford v AFC Wimbledon
- Bradford City have won only one of their last seven FA Cup second round ties.
AFC Wimbledon lost their only previous FA Cup second round tie; 0-2 at home to Stevenage last season.
- The Bantams have only scored three goals in total in their last five FA Cup games at Valley Parade combined.
- AFC Wimbledon have played three away matches in the FA Cup proper, losing one and winning two, with those two victories coming in replays.
- Bradford have enjoyed just one victory in their last seven games, in all competitions (excluding penalty shootout wins).
- AFC Wimbledon have won just one of their last seven fixtures (in all competitions), drawing five and losing one.
Brentford v Wrexham
- Brentford have conceded only three goals in total in their last five FA Cup matches.
Brentford have suffered three FA Cup exits at the hands of non-league clubs since 2000.
Wrexham have lost four of their last five FA Cup matches against sides from the third tier of English football.
- Wrexham have progressed in eight of their last 10 FA Cup second round ties.
- The Bees have suffered just one defeat in their last six games in all competitions.
- The Dragons have gone 13 games unbeaten in all competitions.
Charlton Athletic v Carlisle
- Charlton's 4-0 first round victory over Halifax was their biggest win in the FA Cup since January 1972 (5-0 v Tonbridge).
The Addicks have progressed in six of their last seven FA Cup second round ties.
Carlisle have won only four of their last 23 FA Cup matches away from home (excl. qualifiers).
- Charlton have won each of their last seven games in all competitions.
- Carlisle have kept three clean sheets in their last four games (in all competitions), shipping just one goal in the other fixture.
Chelmsford v Macclesfield
- Chelmsford have lost nine of their last 10 FA Cup matches in the second round of the competition, including each of their last four.
- Macclesfield have only won two of their previous 10 FA Cup games at the home of a non-league side.
- Despite this, the Silkmen have only lost one of their previous 11 FA Cup games against teams from lower divisions; a 1-3 defeat at Rushden and Diamonds in November 2007.
- The Clarets have lost their last 10 FA Cup games (excluding qualifiers) against teams from higher divisions, and have only won one of their last 25.
Colchester v Swindon
- Colchester have won their last five FA Cup games against teams from lower divisions, alternating between scoring four goals (three times) and one goal (twice) in the process.
- None of the U's last 12 home FA Cup games have ended in draws, with Colchester winning nine and losing three.
- Swindon have kept just one clean sheet in their last 14 FA Cup games against teams from higher divisions, and none in their last nine.
- Four of the last five meetings between these sides in all competitions have been won by the home side, with the home team winning 2-1 on both occasions last season.
Crawley Town v Redbridge
- The Red Devils have only failed to score in one of their last 11 FA Cup games (excluding qualifiers).
- At home, Crawley have only ever failed to net once in the FA Cup proper, drawing a blank in a 0-0 draw with Exeter City in November 1971.
- Redbridge are the lowest ranked team left in the 2012 FA Cup.
- The Motormen's 2-1 replay win over Oxford City in the first round was their first ever win in the FA Cup proper in their first ever tie.
Dagenham & Redbridge v Walsall
- Dagenham and Redbridge have netted in all but one of their last 13 FA Cup ties, but have also conceded in each of their last seven.
- At home, the Daggers are unbeaten in six in the FA Cup.
- Walsall have scored exactly one goal in seven of their last 10 away FA Cup games, but have never netted more than once in this run.
- The Saddlers have only won three of their last 19 FA Cup games away from the Bescot Stadium.
Gateshead v Tamworth
- Gateshead have been eliminated without the need of a replay in each of the last five seasons they've progressed to the second round of the FA Cup, last progressing to the third round in 1954/55.
- The Heed have conceded 18 goals in their last five games at this stage of the competition combined.
- The last two clashes between Gateshead and Tamworth, including an earlier meeting in the North East this season, have both finished 1-1.
- Tamworth have made it to the second round for the second successive season, and have already made it to the third round twice since 2006.
- The Lambs have lost two of their last three ties against fellow non-league opposition in the FA Cup proper.
Leyton Orient v Gillingham
- Leyton Orient became the first team to score six goals in extra-time at this stage of the competition last season, beating Droylsden 8-2 in a replay.
- The O's have only kept two clean sheets in their last 34 FA Cup ties at Brisbane Road.
- Gillingham have progressed through their last three ties against teams from higher divisions (excluding Premier League sides) but have need a replay on each occasion.
- The Gills have only won two of their last 11 away games in the FA Cup proper.
- These sides have been drawn together three times before in the FA Cup with Orient progressing just once. The Gills won in 1947 and, courtesy of a replay, in 1968. The O's won in 1961.
- The O's are unbeaten in six home games in all competitions, winning three and drawing three.
Luton v Cheltenham
- The Hatters have only lost one of their last nine FA Cup games (excluding qualifiers) at Kenilworth Road.
- Cheltenham have either conceded no goals (three times) or three goals (three times) in their last six FA Cup games.
- None of the Robins' last 21 FA Cup away games have ended in draws.
- Cheltenham have scored exactly one goal on each of their previous three trips to Luton, but have never won at the home of the Hatters.
Salisbury v Grimsby
- Salisbury have only ever won three games in the FA Cup proper, all three of which were against fellow non-league sides, and they have never made it to the third round.
- The Whites are unbeaten in five games against non-league sides in the FA Cup proper (excluding penalty shootouts).
- Grimsby have lost their last two FA Cup games (excluding qualifiers) against non-league sides without finding the net.
- The Mariners are without a win in 12 away games in the FA cup proper and have only won one of their last 19 away from Blundell Park.
Sheffield United v Torquay
- The Blades have only failed to score in one of their last 15 FA Cup ties against teams from lower divisions, netting 34 in total in this run.
- Three of Sheffield United's last four second round ties have been settled on a replay, with the Blades winning each of the last three (two via a replay).
- The Gulls have progressed through the FA Cup second round on each of the last three seasons, winning each game without conceding.
- Torquay have won their last four away games in the FA Cup, and haven't been eliminated away from Plainmoor since January 2006.
Sheffield Wednesday v Aldershot
- The last meeting between Sheffield Wednesday and Aldershot ended in an 8-0 win for the Owls in the League Cup in 1989.
- The Owls have won their last four FA Cup games against lower ranked opposition and are unbeaten in seven (excluding penalty shootouts).
- The Shots have only made it to Round Three once since 1991; they knocked out non-league side Basingstoke at this stage in 2006/07 before losing to Blackpool in the third round.
- Aldershot's victory over Brentford in the first round last season was their first FA Cup victory over a higher ranked side in 17 games since they defeated Oxford in January 1987.
Shrewsbury v Rotherham
- The Shrews' win at non-league Newport in Round One ended a run of five consecutive FA Cup defeats.
- Shrewsbury haven't progressed past the second round since 2002, and haven't beaten a fellow league side at this stage of the competition since 1995 (2-1 v Scunthorpe on a replay).
- The Millers haven't kept a clean sheet in nine away games in the FA Cup.
- Shrewsbury have won five and lost none of their last eight meetings with Rotherham in all competitions, drawing 1-1 at the Don Valley Stadium in the league earlier this season.
Southend v Oldham
- Southend have kept two consecutive clean sheets in the FA Cup, they haven't managed three in a row (excluding qualifiers) since January 1983.
- The Shrimpers have only netted eight goals in total in their last 16 FA Cup games against teams from higher divisions.
- The one previous FA Cup clash between Southend and Oldham ended in a 5-0 home win for the Shrimpers in this round back in 1951/52.
- Oldham have only lost two of their last 20 FA Cup games against teams from lower divisions, winning 12.
Stourbridge v Stevenage
- Stourbridge's 2-0 win over Plymouth in this season's first round replay was their first ever victory in the FA Cup proper.
- Stevenage have netted exactly twice in each of their previous three FA Cup second round wins.
- The Boro have only lost one of 11 FA Cup games against non-league sides (excluding qualifiers).
- Stevenage have won three and drawn one of their last four away games in all competitions, keeping three clean sheets in the process.
AFC Totton v Bristol Rovers
- AFC Totton have played one game in the FA Cup proper, winning it 8-1 (v Bradford Park Avenue in this season's first round).
- Rovers have lost two of their last three FA Cup games at the home of a non-league opponent, losing 1-2 at Darlington in the first round last season.
- Rovers haven't lost at this stage of the competition since 2005, reaching at least the fourth round in all seasons they've made it past Round One since then.
- The Pirates have only won two of their last seven games in all competitions.
Sutton Utd v Notts County
- County have only won two of their last 10 away games in all competitions.
- The Magpies have only lost two of their last 12 FA Cup games, and both of those were against Premier League sides.
- This will be the third FA Cup clash between Sutton and Notts County, with the third tier side winning both previous games (3-2 in 1994 and 1-0 in 2008).
- Sutton have failed to score in three of their last four games in the FA Cup proper, netting just one in the other.
- The Magpies have won eight and lost just two of their last 11 FA Cup games against lower ranked sides.