FA Cup Semi-Final Opta Facts | 12 - 13 April
Hull City v Sheffield United
- Hull City and Sheffield United have been drawn together on two previous occasions with the Blades progressing after a replay in 1983 and the Tigers going through after a replay in 2009.
- Sheffield United have lost their last four FA Cup semi-finals (Leicester 1961, Sheffield Wednesday 1993, Newcastle United 1998 and Arsenal 2003).
- Hull City have only once previously reached the FA Cup semi-final, where they lost after a replay to Arsenal (1930).
- Sheffield United have lost just one of their last 11 FA Cup matches (W9 D1 L1).
- Curtis Davies has scored the first goal of the game in each of his last two FA Cup matches.
- Sheffield United have already knocked out four teams from higher divisions; Aston Villa (Round 3) and Fulham (Round 4) from the Premier League and Nottingham Forest (Round 5) and Charlton (Round 6) from the Championship.
- Prior to this season, the Blades had won none of their previous eight FA Cup matches against teams from a higher division (W0 D2 L6).
- Nikica Jelavic is cup tied after already scoring two goals in one game against QPR in this season's 3rd Round for Everton.
- Shane Long is cup tied, having already played for West Brom in the competition this season - he has scored five goals in his last seven FA Cup starts.
- Matty Fryatt has scored 10 goals in 14 FA Cup starts, including seven in his last eight.
- Fryatt has scored in his last two starts against Sheffield United.
- Hull City have won just two of the last 17 meetings in all competitions with Sheffield United (W2 D7 L8), but those two wins have come in the last three meetings (W2 D0 L1).
Wigan Athletic v Arsenal
- Arsenal have never met Wigan before in the FA Cup. The overall head to head record is played 20, Arsenal wins 15, Wigan wins three and draws two.
- The last time Arsenal met Wigan was in May 2013 just after their FA Cup final win over Man City. The Latics were relegated after losing 1-4.
- Olivier Giroud has scored five goals in his last five FA Cup games, including three in three substitute appearances this season.
- Lukas Podolski has scored four goals in four FA Cup games.
- Mikel Arteta has scored four goals against Wigan in the Premier League; only against Blackburn (6) has he been more prolific.
- Thomas Vermaelen has scored four goals in his last four starts against Wigan.
- Arsenal have lost both previous matches they have played at the new Wembley Stadium by a 1-2 scoreline, to Chelsea in the 2009 FA Cup semi-final and to Birmingham in the 2011 League Cup final.
- Wigan have won both FA Cup matches they have played at the new Wembley without conceding - last year's semi-final and final.
- Wigan are unbeaten in their last 12 FA Cup matches, winning 10 and drawing two.
- Jordi Gomez has five goals and five assists in his last 10 FA Cup starts.
- On four of the last five occasions that Sheffield United have made the FA Cup semi-final, Arsenal have gone on to win the FA Cup (1936, 1993, 1998 & 2003), including the last three in a row. In the other (1961) the team that won it was also from north London, Tottenham).